Jump to content

Sunday Ticket 2022


Jukester
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Simon locked and unlocked this topic
On 5/2/2022 at 7:45 AM, davefan66 said:


Had them for since early 2000’s.  Recently got a $50/month credit, still too much compared to cord-cutting options.  
 

Calling them soon and seeing how much I can lower my bill further and get the ticket.  Doesn’t work, moving on to Spectrum most likely.  Even though I hate spectrum dearly.

Our Spectrum bill, was $207, last month. My wife called to cancel, and they told her that we would lose the remainder of the month, as we would not be issued a credit for service not received.

I'm going to cancel the Goddamned account myself. Spectrum (I affectionately refer to them, as 'Spittoon Cable') apparently, doesn't give a rat's @ss about burning bridges...

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Our Spectrum bill, was $207, last month. My wife called to cancel, and they told her that we would lose the remainder of the month, as we would not be issued a credit for service not received.

I'm going to cancel the Goddamned account myself. Spectrum (I affectionately refer to them, as 'Spittoon Cable') apparently, doesn't give a rat's @ss about burning bridges...


That’s complete BS to not issue a refund!  I hate Spectrum.

 

Did you have the set top boxes with Spectrum?  I intend to go full streaming and save the money on receivers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:


That’s complete BS to not issue a refund!  I hate Spectrum.

 

Did you have the set top boxes with Spectrum?  I intend to go full streaming and save the money on receivers.

We have one box. Streaming is the way to go. F Spectrum...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2022 at 2:54 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Looks like even though it's the final year for Sunday Ticket on DirecTV, DirecTV is still going to be giving it away for free. Praise!

ST.JPG

 

This is also what I've seen on my bill the last few years. No emails but I believe I do get a letter from them in the regular mail right before the season starts letting me know I'm getting it a 'special gift'.

 

Either way it's a benefit from being a loyal DT suscriber for many years and strategically haggling with them (i.e. threatening to cancel service) to get better pricing overall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

This is also what I've seen on my bill the last few years. No emails but I believe I do get a letter from them in the regular mail right before the season starts letting me know I'm getting it a 'special gift'.

 

Either way it's a benefit from being a loyal DT suscriber for many years and strategically haggling with them (i.e. threatening to cancel service) to get better pricing overall.

I've been with them over 20 years and have never received this. I have to haggle every year and looks like I have to again

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nucci said:

I've been with them over 20 years and have never received this. I have to haggle every year and looks like I have to again

You and me both, brother.  

 

The one saving grace is that this could be the last year with DTV, with the their exclusive contract running out at the end of the season.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nucci said:

I've been with them over 20 years and have never received this. I have to haggle every year and looks like I have to again

 

Other people I know have told me this but I think it has to do with what level of service you have (i.e. one of the most expensive packages which we do) and your payment history (I've personally never been past due on a bill). At least this is information I found on a reddit forum where someone who claimed they worked for Directv posted this information.

 

But the strategic haggling game is what I had to do prior to recent years as well and every time they would cave and give me a massive discount plus free Sunday Ticket.

 

A few times it's been a bit extreme where I would call them on the first week of the month when I would get a new bill with all the expired credits off it. You want to immediately get to the loyalty department and bypass customer service. You do this by simply saying 'cancel service' on the automated phone prompts. Once you are there if you don't like the offer have tell them you are disconnecting your service but don't have it officially done until end of month/billing cycle. If they still won't bite just relax and move forward with this, then typically within a few days you'll get a call from their 'last line of defense' loyalty people who will offer you the farm to stay before they proceed with disconnecting service on said date.

 

One year doing this I got free Sunday Ticket, $75 off in credits for a year, 6 free months of HBO and a $200 Visa Gift card. They probably won't offer anything close to that now though especially with Sunday Ticket leaving them.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

 

Other people I know have told me this but I think it has to do with what level of service you have (i.e. one of the most expensive packages which we do) and your payment history (I've personally never been past due on a bill). At least this is information I found on a reddit forum where someone who claimed they worked for Directv posted this information.

 

But the strategic haggling game is what I had to do prior to recent years as well and every time they would cave and give me a massive discount plus free Sunday Ticket.

 

A few times it's been a bit extreme where I would call them on the first week of the month when I would get a new bill with all the expired credits off it. You want to immediately get to the loyalty department and bypass customer service. You do this by simply saying 'cancel service' on the automated phone prompts. Once you are there if you don't like the offer have tell them you are disconnecting your service but don't have it officially done until end of month/billing cycle. If they still won't bite just relax and move forward with this, then typically within a few days you'll get a call from their 'last line of defense' loyalty people who will offer you the farm to stay before they proceed with disconnecting service on said date.

 

One year doing this I got free Sunday Ticket, $75 off in credits for a year, 6 free months of HBO and a $200 Visa Gift card. They probably won't offer anything close to that now though especially with Sunday Ticket leaving them.

I get it but I have had an expensive channel package for years. I usually get $55 off 12 months and $16.50 for 6 months to cover the Ticket. Just a pain to call but worth the savings

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 9:37 PM, muppy said:

If Direc-TV is retaining the NFL Sunday ticket I will stay a subscriber to direc-Tv. .  But I also indeed will negotiate /  Milk them for any loyalty discounts I can. Knowing the competition and their pricing will hopefully work to my advantage. I also  would rather keep what works in my home and has for years rather than switch to a different provider unless the competitor offer is just That Much Better. 


 Just went through this with the them 


I had a $70 discount end so I call them

Turns out the cheap bastards only had a $50 / month promotion. 

 

DTV “Was I able to satisfy your reason for calling?”
 

No, I wanted the $70 per month 

But Apply that for now. 


Whilst I have you on the line I would like to talk NFL. 

 

You see, my team is on National TV 8 times (yeah I embellished a bit) 

Why would I want to pay full price when I only need half the season?  
 

I only have DTV because of Sunday Ticket 

who knows what I will do next year. 
 

DTV  Let me look for you. 

After some issues on her end. 
5 minutes pass

5 minutes pass

 

DTV

Sir,  we can give you Sunday Ticket Max for 

 

 

 

 

 

Free!!!

maybe they aren’t too cheap after all 😝 

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, when we get closer,

one of you lunkheads 🤩 needs to educate with lots of detail how to get this ticket on our IPads, with an App or whatever.  
 

My divorced Condo does not allow the dish, but had for almost 20 years when married as I had homes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:


 Just went through this with the them 


I had a $70 discount end so I call them

Turns out the cheap bastards only had a $50 / month promotion. 

 

DTV “Was I able to satisfy your reason for calling?”
 

No, I wanted the $70 per month 

But Apply that for now. 


Whilst I have you on the line I would like to talk NFL. 

 

You see, my team is on National TV 8 times (yeah I embellished a bit) 

Why would I want to pay full price when I only need half the season?  
 

I only have DTV because of Sunday Ticket 

who knows what I will do next year. 
 

DTV  Let me look for you. 

After some issues on her end. 
5 minutes pass

5 minutes pass

 

DTV

Sir,  we can give you Sunday Ticket Max for 

 

 

 

 

 

Free!!!

maybe they aren’t too cheap after all 😝 

 

Going to have to try that this year.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can sign up for Streaming only. ?

 

Then with the NFL Sunday Ticket App 

You can watch live games,

Watch the RedZone and something else. 
Dunno, never paid for Max before 

 

41 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Well, when we get closer,

one of you lunkheads 🤩 needs to educate with lots of detail how to get this ticket on our IPads, with an App or whatever.  
 

My divorced Condo does not allow the dish, but had for almost 20 years when married as I had homes.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

You can sign up for Streaming only. ?

 

Then with the NFL Sunday Ticket App 

You can watch live games,

Watch the RedZone and something else. 
Dunno, never paid for Max before 

 

 


Thanks Shady.  These last few years post divorce, I just went to the local sports bars here in Tampa and Clearwater that focused on the Bills.  There’s actually a lot of Bills fans here in this area.  Almost all of them are originally from somewhere in Western Mew York and just transplanted down here.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, got the email yesterday saying I'm getting ST Max for free this year...so my annual August haggle call won't need to happen.

 

BTW, I'm not an AT&T cell subscriber, I'm a 22 year DTV customer and get the minimum programming package. 

 

Praying that you all get the same email soon, especially @nucci

  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

Well, got the email yesterday saying I'm getting ST Max for free this year...so my annual August haggle call won't need to happen.

 

BTW, I'm not an AT&T cell subscriber, I'm a 22 year DTV customer and get the minimum programming package. 

 

Praying that you all get the same email soon, especially @nucci

Not yet

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well.  Made the call.  Last few years, got a discount but not free.

 

Called loyalty. Mentioned what I’ve heard people getting.  Told me nothing available.

 

Asked for supervisor. Told the supervisor Sling , YouTube and Spectrum are all great options for streaming and I can get Redzone with them.  Supervisor within a few minutes got me Max for nothing.

 

Woo Hoo!  Thankfully this is the last time I have to play this game with DTV!

 

And honestly, yeah I get a discount on my regular package.  But being with them for 20 years and having ATT cellular for years should mean something.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2022 at 4:41 PM, davefan66 said:

Asked for supervisor. Told the supervisor Sling , YouTube and Spectrum are all great options for streaming and I can get Redzone with them.  Supervisor within a few minutes got me Max for nothing.


Streaming may be the magic word. 
 

i mentioned that myself

Moving away from them. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

   Got my bill yesterday and it said nothing about getting it free.

   Called and got “Donna” from a call center in India who told me there were no current offers for my account. I explained I had friends getting emails offering it for free and I’d been a customer since 98. Still nothing. No ticket/ no discount.

    Had her transfer me to someone to help me cancel.

    Was informed I already had it for free and was offered an additional $20 off a month for 12 months.

    Still don’t 100% trust that it won’t be on my next bill but I kept the name, Date and time of todays talk.

    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

   Got my bill yesterday and it said nothing about getting it free.

   Called and got “Donna” from a call center in India who told me there were no current offers for my account. I explained I had friends getting emails offering it for free and I’d been a customer since 98. Still nothing. No ticket/ no discount.

    Had her transfer me to someone to help me cancel.

    Was informed I already had it for free and was offered an additional $20 off a month for 12 months.

    Still don’t 100% trust that it won’t be on my next bill but I kept the name, Date and time of todays talk.

    

 

Remember when you guys call don't waste time with the regular customer service type of people.

 

There should be automated prompts on the main number that ask why you are calling and all you have to do is say 'cancel service' and they will take you right to the loyalty/cancellation department. I think the automated system might ask if you are cancelling because you are moving and you just say no to bypass anything else.

 

Really interesting though how some people seem to get randomly selected for the free Sunday ticket and others don't especially as this is apparently the last year DTV will have this service so they have no real incentive to give it away for free or discount to anyone...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...