Jump to content

Do the Bills have the best offense in the league?


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I would not be shocked to see them take a small step backwards this season.

We upgraded at TE, upgraded at RB, upgraded the o line, and upgraded slot receiver.

 

I sure as hell hope they don't take a step back.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

The new formations with Howard and Cook are going to be frightening for DCs

 

The skill players, together, are a formidable group. Going to throw some cold water here

- I would like more protection for Allen. Adding Saffold was good but there is little depth there and RT is still TBD (we dont know how Brown will perform on a consistent basis). I dont consider the contract renewals as upgrades as the players were already here

- One WR with speed is required to take advantage of Allen's arm. We added TE, RB both positions help the short to intermediate game but not the long one

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

I would not be shocked to see them take a small step backwards this season.

Why do you think so? If anything, I see the building blocks of a more balanced attack which should help us avoid games like the Jags last year. I would like a credible deep threat but that by itself should not make the offense regress. Protection is an issue as I noted above. Besides that, what is your thought process?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

 

 

Why do you think so? If anything, I see the building blocks of a more balanced attack which should help us avoid games like the Jags last year. I would like a credible deep threat but that by itself should not make the offense regress. Protection is an issue as I noted above. Besides that, what is your thought process?

 

Pretty much what you've already stated above.

 

We have one good OT and one young OT that might improve.

That's it. Nobody else on this roster can play Tackle in the NFL. And that is a problem.

 

We have one x receiver, one z receiver and then a handful of y's and backup quality receivers.

That's it. When Diggs or Davis goes down, this offense will quickly be playing with one hand tied behind it's back.

 

Mix that in with a new O-coordinator and a potentially more difficult schedule and I can see that unit having some issues at times.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It can be argued that they do, looking at the current make up of our offense, I see a change from what Dabol was doing, to a far more well rounded attack from our offense, I see weapons at every level, more so than in seasons past.we will be more dynamic and harder for defenses to handle.

 

Go Bills!!!


I agree Don wholeheartedly.  Cook should ascend by the end of camp as the #1 RB.  My reasoning was we went after the Washington kid in FA, because they want a pass catching RB.  He has size and speed.

 

This is going to be one scary offense, and additionally the Titans got worse, and so did the Chiefs.  Tua will ever take advantage of Hill’s speed and skills.  I’d argue we have the best offense in the AFC, and it’s not close.

 

We also really improved on defense with Elam.  Now, I was listening to PFF on NFLR this morning and the two guys mentioned our 3rd RD LB will be our dime defense as he has the speed to keep up with a Kelce and the size to hit him.

 

I loved this draft so far.  Now let’s grab a WR, G or TE, and then the other, and a punter in the 7th.  Someone write here they read there are per the pundits of three punters that have a draftable grade. The other two picks, I hope we bundle them to move up if we can find a partner to get higher rated picks.  We keep all six and more than not will not make the team, or end up on the PS.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Bills are a complete team w the best QB in the league.  The narrative that JA carries his team is BS. 
 

 


JA had to do way too much last year.  It’s not sustainable.  
 

Unleash him during the Playoffs, absolutely, but we have to reel back the hits he takes in the regular season and give him a more reliable running game.  
 

I would honestly have zero issue taking another RB today if they feel he’s an upgrade to Moss.  Singletary is our lead back, but Cook and Duke are very specific types of receiving backs. 
 

Kromer alone should help elevate what is an average to (hopefully) above average OL in terms of talent/depth. 

 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, elijah said:

The offense is good, but we needed a #2 WR in my opinion. 

 

Gabe Davis has progressed tremendously and had a crazy postseason, but were relying on a guy jumping from the 5th option to the 2nd and producing at not only the same pace, but a better pace. 

 

He’s a great player and there’s going to be people that read this as me saying he’s not good, but I think WR needed someone just a little more talented to fill in the #2 spot while Davis continued to progress and grow. 

 

Hopefully I’m proven wrong 🤷‍♂️ 

Davis is a very talented WR.  Anyone thinking otherwise is simply not paying attention to the class where he was drafted.  It was WR top heavy.   Davis has now consistently proved in 2 seasons that he can be the go to guy for this offense.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Which one of those guys can call the defense when it matters?

What does this have to do with offense?  Stay on topic.  Can there be a thread that you don’t poop on Scott jr?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, elijah said:

The offense is good, but we needed a #2 WR in my opinion. 

 

Gabe Davis has progressed tremendously and had a crazy postseason, but were relying on a guy jumping from the 5th option to the 2nd and producing at not only the same pace, but a better pace. 

 

He’s a great player and there’s going to be people that read this as me saying he’s not good, but I think WR needed someone just a little more talented to fill in the #2 spot while Davis continued to progress and grow. 

 

Hopefully I’m proven wrong 🤷‍♂️ 

Like he did in the KC game?  More talented in what way? I'm serious, he's got great hands, good size and speed, gets open and makes the difficult catches.  He checks a lot of boxes for WR2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'd be all for this, I think he'd give us that extra gear in our offense. I won't compare him to Hill but he does have that similar 2nd gear that we're looking for to take the tops off defenses.

Yeah, would have been nice to draft him in rd 3.  
 

now we have a 51 year old point guard playing LB us

  • Disagree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Which one of those guys can call the defense when it matters?

It’s fine to be critical (clearly, since you are critical in all of your posts) but are you ever positive? You must have been a real hoot during the drought years 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

 

Pretty much what you've already stated above.

 

We have one good OT and one young OT that might improve.

That's it. Nobody else on this roster can play Tackle in the NFL. And that is a problem.

 

We have one x receiver, one z receiver and then a handful of y's and backup quality receivers.

That's it. When Diggs or Davis goes down, this offense will quickly be playing with one hand tied behind it's back.

 

Mix that in with a new O-coordinator and a potentially more difficult schedule and I can see that unit having some issues at times.

 

 

Arguably, the WR room last year was not widely different - Beas was hurt and Sanders was on his last legs. So we may be slightly better in that regard. But strength of schedule is something I hadnt considered. 

We did benefit from having very few major injuries last year and shouldnt expect the same every season. 

 

I see how we were both saying most of the same things and I was coming to a more rosy/hopeful conclusion 🙂 

Edited by Fan in Chicago
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, klos63 said:

Like he did in the KC game?  More talented in what way? I'm serious, he's got great hands, good size and speed, gets open and makes the difficult catches.  He checks a lot of boxes for WR2

In the KC game Diggs, Sanders, Knox and Beasley we’re likely all of more concern to the Chiefs defensive game plan. He had less focus on him and rightly so, but now that list shortens to  just Diggs.

 

Davis is now a focal point of the opposing defense and will have to improve to continue to perform. 

 

I’m not saying that he can’t do so, just that we had the assets to add another skilled WR to take off some pressure instead of thrusting him into that role and my personal preference would’ve been to use those assets in that way. 

 

I hope Davis continues to progress and fill that role, and I think it’s certainly possible, but I do see a realistic route where the offensive production gets hurt by not adding another top skilled receiver. 

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

He's not going to "progress and grow" getting 60 targets a year.  His productivity is nuts:  2 seasons, 17.1 and 15.6 YPC, 7 and 6 TDs.

 

They brought in a "#2" last year and he wasn't as productive and now he's gone. Now they've brought in another aging, low production journeyman in Crowder.

 

Davis is the legit #2 on this team.

Weo, I’m with you in we have Davis as the #2. I know we lost the Chiefs playoff game, but Davis was amazing in that game with 4 TD’s.  What more can ask from a #2.  If we draft a speed #3 he will absolutely be the #3, and just that, but having said that point, Allen is so polished now, he could benefit from another speed weapon.

 

For anyone interested on NFLR right now Bill Lekas is in with Mr. Polian.  Normally only does one night a week the Late hits show, so kind of a treat to hear his opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Bills are a complete team w the best QB in the league.  The narrative that JA carries his team is BS. 
 

 

 

He scored 42 of the team's 56 TDs.  He's the second best rusher win the team---posting a career high in attempts and yards last season.  

 

Particularly in the last playoffs, he absolutely carries the Offense.

 

 

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

Weo, I’m with you in we have Davis as the #2. I know we lost the Chiefs playoff game, but Davis was amazing in that game with 4 TD’s.  What more can ask from a #2.  If we draft a speed #3 he will absolutely be the #3, and just that, but having said that point, Allen is so polished now, he could benefit from another speed weapon.

 

For anyone interested on NFLR right now Bill Lekas is in with Mr. Polian.  Normally only does one night a week the Late hits show, so kind of a treat to hear his opinions.

 

Drafting another guy today would be a decent play.  Crowder is nothing special.  Davis needs more looks.  Josh really trusts what he's seeing in the incredibly athletic Davis.   Crowder ain't gonna get those looks.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

 

Pretty much what you've already stated above.

 

We have one good OT and one young OT that might improve.

That's it. Nobody else on this roster can play Tackle in the NFL. And that is a problem.

 

We have one x receiver, one z receiver and then a handful of y's and backup quality receivers.

That's it. When Diggs or Davis goes down, this offense will quickly be playing with one hand tied behind it's back.

 

Mix that in with a new O-coordinator and a potentially more difficult schedule and I can see that unit having some issues at times.

 

 

I think you grossly overestimate the importance of WRs. QBs make the WRs better not the other way around. Yes if Diggs or Davis got hurt it would change the offense but it would not cripple it. They will already be a more balanced offense this year with more two TE sets and more play action. Knox is going to be an absolute beast this year. 

The only issue player wise is the OL. Beane has taken some nice steps here but there are still quite a few variables. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...