RIP Daryle Lamonica

Greg S

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Riverside?

Florida... or Sugar Magnolia.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That's actually not true

The person with the Billy Shaw username was not Billy Shaw 

I saw a lot of people ask him and he told me himself he was not.. so that's one at least

Are you talking about Shaw? He was also a mod there but just went by Shaw. I don't recall a Billy Shaw.

7 minutes ago, T&C said:

Florida... or Sugar Magnolia.

Are you talking about Shaw? He was also a mod there but just went by Shaw. I don't recall a Billy Shaw.

God it's been so long now

I thought it was Billy Shaw, could have been another '60s player.. but a lot of people there swore it was the real dude

Me and a few users asked him straight up and he said it wasn't

I do know Chris Brown and some other bills players were there occasionally 

Edited by Buffalo716

33 minutes ago, MJS said:

"Lamonica was an All-Pro again in 1969 when he led the AFL with 3,302 yards passing and 34 touchdowns. The 34 TDs still stand as the franchise’s single-season record more than a half-century later."

Those stats are good even today. Amazing.

12 game season I think

A sad day for us old Bills fans.  My favorite memory of him was from going with my dad every year to Cardinal O’Hara.  Their faculty would play the Bills is a charity basketball game, and my dad was always asked to ref the game.  So I’d get to hang out in the locker room with my Bills hero’s, and he was one of them.  A really nice guy, and a great player.

• Awesome! (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I thought it was Billy Shaw, could have been another '60s player.. but a lot of people there swore it was the real dude

Me and a few users asked him straight up and he said it wasn't...

But if I made my username coy wire I don't know how you verify that

If you couldn't verify then your account would be suspended. It was in the large book called the coc... that only came after Donahoe.

Okay so the man had 3302 yds passing & 34 TD's in one season which still stands as a record my question is who was the coach that didn't play him & who was the person that said they needed to trade him that was brilliant move !!

13 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Me and a few users asked him straight up and he said it wasn't

He's here too. @Shaw66.  Rockpile review dude. Definitely not actually Billy Shaw. Unless Billy lives in Mass and regularly drives cross state to attend games.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

How would you verify that ? 

What if a Jim Kelly in Buffalo wanted to make his username Jim Kelly?  He's not that Jimbo but he is Jim Kelly 

Are you looking at birth certificates and driver's license?

A Jim Kelly who wasn't the Bills Jim Kelly would have to choose an alternate username. 

We lost a great today, I don't want to spam the thread with ***** that is long over and done with.

Edited by T&C

4 minutes ago, T master said:

Okay so the man had 3302 yds passing & 34 TD's in one season which still stands as a record my question is who was the coach that didn't play him & who was the person that said they needed to trade him that was brilliant move !!

Kemp was more or less the Man , but whenever he stumbled , Lamonica would get the call. Joel Collier was the coach. Who made the decision to trade him? not sure .. maybe it was Ralph 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

A Jim Kelly who wasn't the Bills Jim Kelly would have to choose an alternate username. 

We lost a great today, I don't want to spam the thread with ***** that is long over and done with.

I agree 

I was just curious

RIP mad bomber

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

they were

There's always more to the story. Ralph Wilson, who loaned Al Davis a significant sum, hundreds of thousands, to prop up the AFL Raiders, had every interest in seeing the Silver & Black succeed if he wanted to get repaid.

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Worst trade in Bills history, right?  That's what my dad always said.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

He's here too. @Shaw66.  Rockpile review dude. Definitely not actually Billy Shaw. Unless Billy lives in Mass and regularly drives cross state to attend games.

I'm definitely NOT Billy Shaw.  However, I've been using his photo as my avatar for so long that now when I see it, I think it's a picture of me.  

Billy Shaw was special.  He'd fill the OG hole in a hurry!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.