The Buffalo Bills are the best team in the NFL

Success

15 hours ago, boater said:

Yeah. But our secondary is officially 2nd rate. Process that.

So if I understand, you are saying that a secondary that boasts the best Safety tandem in the league with 1st team All Pro FS, and a perennial All Pro and Pro Bowl corner scheduled to return about opening day is second rate?  I'm betting that there are more than a few so called "1st rate secondaries" that would trade places with that personnel in a heartbeat.  

Yes, as of March 27, one month before the draft, we do need a complimentary corner and some depth, but calling this secondary 2nd rate is pure hyperbolic panic.

16 hours ago, Success said:

I just wanted to write this, after 20 years of being nothing.  It took drafting the best QB of his class, in the most hyped class in years, and a GM to put the pieces in place around him.

I don't think it's disputable, nor do I think it's a slam dunk verdict.  But on paper, the Bills are the best team in the league right now. The best offense, and a TRUE #1 defense - not the flimsy kind of #1 we had last year.

Obviously, the pressure is on now.  Being the best on paper isn't something that goes down in the history books. They have to cash in w/ the Lombardi.

But we are the best.  I just wanted to take a moment to say it & appreciate it.  We can beat anyone.

Well we've all been here before and it didn't turn out as good as it should have we have the legacy of making it to the SB 4 times but that's all to this point which i hope changes very soon ! 

Yes Beane & company are doing one hell of a job & the teams they are putting on the filed are more than capable of getting to & winning a Super Bowl but until that trophy is in the case at 1 Bills Drive i won't be bragging a lot about being the best because we've all thought these thoughts before !

But i will be proud of where the Bills are at wear my Bills gear with much pride in this team !! GO BILLS !!!!! 

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I don't care if we're the best team on paper. All I care about is seeing Josh hoist a Lombardi. The best NFL team doesn't neccessary will it all every year. Someday we'll ask our defense to make a heroic stop in a SB.  We never saw it in the 90's and we've yet to see it in recent playoff games against Houston or KC.  As good as our offense has been historically,  it's always been the defense that let's us down. Maybe Von is that final piece that was missing?

Von might end up being that pass rusher we lacked but we have no idea now. The whole DL is practically brand new. We have three young ends that all have to take a big step up if we are have a good D. Our DTs also have to make a huge difference. Those are two huge ifs along the DL….
Right now our only healthy CB is Dane Jackson…. That just ain’t right, we need a ton of help in the draft there and right now the first pick in the draft, it looks like the talent is going to be at the WR position (and not the CB position). I should mention we definitely could use a first pick at WR as well…. So, what I thought we should do this offseason, that is, build a much better, faster secondary, is probably not in the cards.

Finally, we have no starting RG right now….nor his backup unless Mancz is a good backup at RG, IDK?

Lotsa imperfections all over the Bills…

If we get out the check book somehow, LOL, we can solve this mess….One or two key signings, say a corner and a guard, alleviates these problems…. Then we could go: WR, CB, OL, CB, OL, P, LB…. But that assumes we are good on the DL which is still very much up in the air….

13 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The Bills were the best team in NFL already, unfortunately the coach wasn't up to the drill.  The Bills roster is even better this season, so let's hope that McChoke learned from his mistakes against KC.

Wasting last years roster, talent and championship potential makes me sick. That 13 seconds of coaching may go down as one of the worst in Bills history.  I won't go into it anymore considering criticizing McD is banned on this board.  Our amazing players and QB will just have to rise above it.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billybrew1 said:

Von might end up being that pass rusher we lacked but we have no idea now. The whole DL is practically brand new. We have three young ends that all have to take a big step up if we are have a good D. Our DTs also have to make a huge difference. Those are two huge ifs along the DL….
Right now our only healthy CB is Dane Jackson…. That just ain’t right, we need a ton of help in the draft there and right now the first pick in the draft, it looks like the talent is going to be at the WR position (and not the CB position). I should mention we definitely could use a first pick at WR as well…. So, what I thought we should do this offseason, that is, build a much better, faster secondary, is probably not in the cards.

Finally, we have no starting RG right now….nor his backup unless Mancz is a good backup at RG, IDK?

Lotsa imperfections all over the Bills…

If we get out the check book somehow, LOL, we can solve this mess….One or two key signings, say a corner and a guard, alleviates these problems…. Then we could go: WR, CB, OL, CB, OL, P, LB…. But that assumes we are good on the DL which is still very much up in the air….

I can easily see Von have a new destination career just like Reggie White. When he went to GB at 32 he proceeded to average 11+ sacks a year for 6 more years. At 37 he pulled down 16 qbs. If Von has a similar trajectory and Groot improves we will be scary.

I think Bates returns and we'll still draft a guard on top of that. The big debate seems to be WR or CB @ 25.  I'm completely torn. I like Olave, Dotson and Williams but I also can appreciate the upgrade McDuffie/Booth would be over Levi.  Too bad we don't have 25 & 26.......what to do?.....Beane will figure it out. 

12 hours ago, Nelius said:

Denver-based and watched them more than any team than the Bills. I respectfully disagree. Jeudy took a step back last year and looked kind of lost at times, Tim Patrick is just a guy. Sutton is nice granted but they also lost Noah Fant who was supposed to be their offensive future just two seasons ago.  I don't think they're primed and ready, I think they have tons of guys that need to prove themselves and they could easily be as mediocre as it gets. They don't have the same roster on paper as LA, KC, or even Vegas in my opinion.

Most of those shortcomings are the result of lackluster QB play.  

Watch how they suddenly elevate with an elite QB leading them.

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wasting last years roster, talent and championship potential makes me sick. That 13 seconds of coaching may go down as one of the worst in Bills history.  I won't go into it anymore considering criticizing McD is banned on this board.  Our amazing players and QB will just have to rise above it.

Let it go.  You'll feel better.

Yes, 13 secs sucks and cost us a golden chance.  Nobody is saying otherwise.  But there is absolutely nothing to be gained from dwelling on it.

Bills could have won Super Bowl XXV if they just ran the ball more, or made that kick. Could have won XXVIII if Thurman didn't fumble.

The Bills have squandered prime opportunities before.  It hurts, but dwelling on it does no good.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Wasting last years roster, talent and championship potential makes me sick. That 13 seconds of coaching may go  went down as one of the worst in Bills history.  I won't go into it anymore considering criticizing McD is banned on this board.  Our amazing players and QB will just have to rise above it.

FTFY.  :devil:

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

Let it go.  You'll feel better.

Yes, 13 secs sucks and cost us a golden chance.  Nobody is saying otherwise.  But there is absolutely nothing to be gained from dwelling on it.

Bills could have won Super Bowl XXV if they just ran the ball more, or made that kick. Could have won XXVIII if Thurman didn't fumble.

The Bills have squandered prime opportunities before.  It hurts, but dwelling on it does no good.

Speaking of bills squandering opportunities, we should have been in the super bowl the past 2 years #justsaying 

1 hour ago, major said:

Speaking of bills squandering opportunities, we should have been in the super bowl the past 2 years #justsaying 

This past year for sure.

The year before? We weren't there yet. We didn't really compete w/ KC in that game (injuries had something to do w/ that, but they were still better).

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

This past year for sure.

The year before? We weren't there yet. We didn't really compete w/ KC in that game (injuries had something to do w/ that, but they were still better).

I think we were better than them two years in a row. Just didn’t execute 

On 3/26/2022 at 5:56 PM, Success said:

Got it.  

Sorry.  I won't talk about the team until we win a Super Bowl.

You can talk about whatever, however...

We need to get on the field and actually prove we're the best. 13 seconds...remember?

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.