Tre’s recovery?

oldmanfan

2 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

The link he posted showed zero studies to NFL athletes.  His article talks about going back to driving a car and sport never mentions NFL caliber athletes.  Yeah maybe Billy down the street can go back to school and play at recess in 6-8 months but the movement NFL cornerbacks have to rely on is totally different then little Billy’s recovery time.  You can easily find recovery times for other NFL players online and most of everything I’ve seen is 9 - 12 months before the player is back to around 100%.  

I'm not sure where anything you posted disagrees with anything I posted.

I thought my position was well stated.

Directly from your source, which was focused on NFL players:

"Typically, athletes will be back to their prior level of function by 9 months after surgery.

Research has shown reinjury rates to be lower for athletes that returned to sport at 9 months or later."

I said he is tentative (meaning not guaranteed, or best case scenario) for September, and I do not want him to rush back.

From my post:

"Agree that September is tentative. Even if Tre is back in September, is he 'Tre White' immediately?"

Tre had surgery on Dec 14th.

December 14th to September 14th is 9 months, the time period the article you referenced points to success for NFL players.

Assuming most games are on Sunday, Sundays in September are 4/11/18/25

I noted Buffalo may not have Tre for games 1-4, which fits this time period.

From my post:

"I am not comfortable potentially putting D Jackson and Cam Lewis on the boundaries in week 1-4 for a team with Super Bowl aspirations."

Additionally, I said that Bills fans have been clamoring for a Wallace upgrade regardless. With Wallace gone this seems to be a glaring need.

From my post:

"That said, Wallace is a loss, whether TSW was a big fan of him or not. Even with Wallace many wanted to see moves to upgrade CB the past 2 or so years"

Buffalo should bring in a vet to help hold down the CB position to:

1) fill in for the 1-4 weeks Tre may not be ready

2) fill in the gap left by Wallace signing elsewhere and possibly improve the CB2 position when Tre returns.

I thought it was obvious that I am not happy with OBD and the CB situation, and that missing some or all of September is a real possibility for Tre White and his long term success as an NFL player.

Where are we disagreeing to the point you made your somewhat snarky last post?

Also where do you get 9-12 months? Even your own source does not claim that?

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, whorlnut said:

My bad. Well that’s worst case. 6 is best case. More realistically thinking 7-8

9 months isn't worst case. That is faster than the average recovery of 10 months.

Fans need to just accept the fact that Tre White is going to miss some time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

9 months isn't worst case. That is faster than the average recovery of 10 months.

Fans need to just accept the fact that Tre White is going to miss some time.

Yes, Tre will lose 3-4 games minimum. It would be utterly stupid to rush him back week 1, no matter how go he thinks he feels. Sign a 1 year vet like Haden and pray McDuffie falls. Cam, Siran and Dane can rotate in to secure things until Tre is more than 100%. A knee setback would be a disaster. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes, Tre will lose 3-4 games minimum. It would be utterly stupid to rush him back week 1, no matter how go he thinks he feels. Sign a 1 year vet like Haden and pray McDuffie falls. Cam, Siran and Dane can rotate in to secure things until Tre is more than 100%. A knee setback would be a disaster. 

We don’t need a first round corner. We have waited for offense for years. Can’t keep doing it. We can get a good corner later in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

We don’t need a first round corner. We have waited for offense for years. Can’t keep doing it. We can get a good corner later in the draft. 

agreed, unless the CB is a stud and the round 1 WR’s are gone, depends how the board falls, but all things equal I’d go WR. 

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

agreed, unless the CB is a stud and the round 1 WR’s are gone, depends how the board falls, but all things equal I’d go WR. 

Yeah…I mean if there is a run on WRs and someone like Booth is there I guess it would be ok. But I’d hate to pass on a top wr for a corner and the wr goes to KC where he burns our corner for years. 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Any updates on White? We are about 5 months out from surgery right now, assuming he is back to doing most things while working out.

I'm sure there will be reports as to the level he participates in this off-season workout program starting Tuesday.  The 1st two weeks is just conditioning, so would think he should be able to do stretches, etc if any chance of him being ready by Sept/Oct.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:04 PM, whorlnut said:

Yeah…I mean if there is a run on WRs and someone like Booth is there I guess it would be ok. But I’d hate to pass on a top wr for a corner and the wr goes to KC where he burns our corner for years. 

Or the opposite could happen and the CB we draft shuts down the WR.  For the most part Hill was burning Wallace and Jackson, if you have White back even if it's2023 at 100% and a 1st round CB as the #2 CB, add in the two safetys we have and T Johnson and not sure how many WR will be beating the group.

If he's a top level CB, why do you expect him to be beat?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

26 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I'm sure there will be reports as to the level he participates in this off-season workout program starting Tuesday.  The 1st two weeks is just conditioning, so would think he should be able to do stretches, etc if any chance of him being ready by Sept/Oct.

Or the opposite could happen and the CB we draft shuts down the WR.  For the most part Hill was burning Wallace and Jackson, if you have White back even if it's2023 at 100% and a 1st round CB as the #2 CB, add in the two safetys we have and T Johnson and not sure how many WR will be beating the group.

If he's a top level CB, why do you expect him to be beat?

Did you even bother to watch the super bowl?

Even if Tre is held back in preseason and ready to go week 1 of the season, the knee will almost certainly get tweaked at some point, will swell, and will require some time off.  I have entirely too much experience with knee issues, including 3 acl tears.  No, not one in each leg, smart guy

What would it cost us to trade with a non playoff contender for a rental CB that we promise to trade back before October 15th?    Lol

4 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Even if Tre is held back in preseason and ready to go week 1 of the season, the knee will almost certainly get tweaked at some point, will swell, and will require some time off.  I have entirely too much experience with knee issues, including 3 acl tears.  No, not one in each leg, smart guy

What would it cost us to trade with a non playoff contender for a rental CB that we promise to trade back before October 15th?    Lol

I don't think the staff will have him on the field until his knee is ready....which I think week 1 he will be 100% by the opener.  It'll be a solid 8 months since the surgery with the top medical/PT staffs.  I've known several people who have had ACL surgery and they're usually 100% without any setbacks between 6-8 months.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I don't think the staff will have him on the field until his knee is ready....which I think week 1 he will be 100% by the opener.  It'll be a solid 8 months since the surgery with the top medical/PT staffs.  I've known several people who have had ACL surgery and they're usually 100% without any setbacks between 6-8 months.

Of the several people you know that have recovered 100% In a 6-8 month period are #1 CB’s in the NFL? I’m guessing Tre’s day job is a little more stressful on the repaired ACL than most people. To recover in 6-8 months to go back to a desk job is very different than going back to coving Tyrik Hill in the opener. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Oh, he will have some issues, imo.  

Anyway, I guess it is a ‘we will see’ but I hope you are absolutely right and he gets past it without serious problems.

1 minute ago, Paul Costa said:

Of the several people you know that have recovered 100% In a 6-8 month period are #1 CB’s in the NFL? I’m guessing Tre’s day job is a little more stressful on the repaired ACL than most people. To recover in 6-8 months to go back to a desk job is very different than going back to coving Tyrik Hill in the opener. 

Of course they aren't NFL CB's.

Do you think Tre is going to a general Physical Therapy shop in a strip mall or he's going to the top notch Doctors provided by the Bills?

Also, no...they aren't just doing desk jobs.  These are Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai fighters who competed within 8 months.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.