Tre’s recovery?

oldmanfan

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I wonder if Tre is ahead of schedule on his ACL rehab.  That might explain not going after a CB in free agency.

Good point and a fair question. My son tore his ACL and they told him it’s a 6-9 month injury and it all hinges on setbacks and how hard you work. 

Tre’s injury was at the end of November. 9 months puts him at July. I think he could be cleared by then but would probably need some conditioning before he’s a full go. 

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Good point and a fair question. My son tore his ACL and they told him it’s a 6-9 month injury and it all hinges on setbacks and how hard you work. 

Tre’s injury was at the end of November. 9 months puts him at July. I think he could be cleared by then but would probably need some conditioning before he’s a full go. 

9 months from the end of November would be end of August, not July

Jost a note that per SOP in athletic treatment these days, his surgery occurred 3 weeks later, Dec. 15 or 16. 

So add 3 weeks - mid-September earliest

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I wonder if Tre is ahead of schedule on his ACL rehab.  That might explain not going after a CB in free agency.

Even if Tre is 'ahead of schedule', Tre White, Dane Jackson, and a draft pick is not enough depth at CB

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 6

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jost a note that per SOP in athletic treatment these days, his surgery occurred 3 weeks later, Dec. 15 or 16. 

My bad. Well that’s worst case. 6 is best case. More realistically thinking 7-8

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Even if Tre is 'ahead of schedule', Tre White, Dane Jackson, and a draft pick is not enough depth at CB

I think they like Cam Lewis.  I fully anticipate a CB picked in day 1 or 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Plenty of vet/1yr rental types available in FA.  Perhaps we are in conversations with a couple, and waiting to see what unfolds in the draft.  

We likely need 2 corners, assuming Tre begins on the PUP list.  Dane, 1st or 2nd rounder, mid round pick or FA, and Neal is likely our path ahead on the outside.  Along with Cam, Nick McLeod (who they seemed to like) and likely other UDFAs will likely fight for 1 spot. 

• Agree 2

24 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

From everything that has been said by people around Tre, he has been busting his butt as hard as possible to get back ASAP

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve had my left ACL done twice (both ski injuries). If you keep up with your rehab (and obviously Tre is) Then at nine months he should be a full go, and that includes conditioning. 

ACL replacement has become utterly routine. If Tre’s putting in the work, I don’t think we have anything to worry about (other than Dane Jackson being our #2).

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean for whatever its worth multiple people have talked about seeing him in the building so he's definitely working at it.

Correct - Beane talked about Tre giving him a big hug the other day

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

I think I remember reading that he probably wouldn’t play until October, possibly November.

That doesn’t make sense given the timing of the injury. You might be confusing his acl injury with Jameson Williams (Alabama we) who tore his in January and may be out a bit into the regular season

8 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I’ve had my left ACL done twice (both ski injuries). If you keep up with your rehab (and obviously Tre is) Then at nine months he should be a full go, and that includes conditioning. 

ACL replacement has become utterly routine. If Tre’s putting in the work, I don’t think we have anything to worry about (other than Dane Jackson being our #2).

Difference is he’s an elite athlete that relies on a lot of cutting and change of direction.  He’s most likely a PUP candidate if you look at similar cases at his position 

Edited by GolfandBills
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Plenty of vet/1yr rental types available in FA.  Perhaps we are in conversations with a couple, and waiting to see what unfolds in the draft.  

We likely need 2 corners, assuming Tre begins on the PUP list.  Dane, 1st or 2nd rounder, mid round pick or FA, and Neal is likely our path ahead on the outside.  Along with Cam, Nick McLeod (who they seemed to like) and likely other UDFAs will likely fight for 1 spot. 

Still have a kid named Griffin?

• Like (+1) 1

All I can say is; 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

9 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Thank you. I’m not concerned at all. What reports are issued is that he’s in the building every day rehabbing and in great spirits, joking with and hugging people. When there is a slow or concerning rehab, word usually gets out to the public.

I'm going with him starting in the Opener. But we need more CBs!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.