Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Hebert19

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Browns are signing Brissett to back up Watson. I think Brissett sucks but that might be mostly from watching him play the Bills

I am guess their new Bronze Boy (cannot be gold with all that tarnish) wanted Keenum gone.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-trade-case-keenum-to-the-bills-for-a-7th-round-pick.html

The Browns paid Keenum, 34, his $1 million roster bonus due on Friday, and reworked his deal to execute the deal with the Bills.

In the third and final year of his Browns contract, Keenum had a base salary of $6.1 million, his prorated signing bonus of $1.33 million, and the $1 million roster bonus for a cap hit of about $8.4 million for 2022.

But they restructured to make it more pallatible for Buffalo, and essentially purchased the seventh-round pick for $1 million.

Typo from "journalist" at Cleveland.com.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, longtimebillsfan said:

Haven't found details on the trade.  How much of his salary is Cleveland covering?

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-trade-case-keenum-to-the-bills-for-a-7th-round-pick.html

The Browns paid Keenum, 34, his $1 million roster bonus due on Friday, and reworked his deal to execute the deal with the Bills. In the third and final year of his Browns contract, Keenum had a base salary of $6.1 million, his prorated signing bonus of $1.33 million, and the $1 million roster bonus for a cap hit of about $8.4 million for 2022. But they restructured to make it more pallatible for Buffalo, and essentially purchased the seventh-round pick for $1 million.

34 minutes ago, transient said:

You have to wonder if Beane and McDermott think there was something off in the locker room last season given some of the acquisitions they've made, many of whom have been here before, and some of the players they've let walk, especially when you consider how out of sync and distracted they looked for the first 3/4 of the season.

Among the group:

- Cole Beasley 

- Star Lotulelei 

- Vernon Butler

- Jon Feliciano 

- Jerry Hughes

- Mario Addison 

- Harrison Phillips

- AJ Klein 

- Levi Wallace 

I assume you're alluding to the first few?

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good use of a useless 7th round pick. Not sure I like the player but as others have said if Allen gets hurt it doesn't matter who plays.

Your just looking for a guy that can win you 3 games out of 4 in the season.

No team is going to be able to take the hit of losing a unicorn QB for the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good use of a useless 7th round pick. Not sure I like the player but as others have said if Allen gets hurt it doesn't matter who plays.

No, I would’ve gotten some bum for 2 mill. Case can play. So if Allen got hurt for say…. Six weeks in the beginning of the season Case might be able to get us out of it…our WRs would be sweating waiting for that ball to get there though….Case would have to throw a lot earlier…

2 minutes ago, junior said:

Among the group:

- Cole Beasley 

- Star Lotulelei 

- Vernon Butler

- Jon Feliciano 

- Jerry Hughes

- Mario Addison 

- Harrison Phillips

- AJ Klein 

- Levi Wallace 

I assume you're alluding to the first few?

That’s a lot of turnover…. I hope this new team gels like the old one. Plus we still need: 2 WR, 2OL, 2CB, RB, and P,….

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.