Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Hebert19

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

The Browns paid Keenum, 34, his $1 million roster bonus due on Friday, and reworked his deal to execute the deal with the Bills.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/browns-trade-backup-qb-case-keenum-to-the-bills-for-a-7th-round-pick-and-sign-jacoby-brissett-to-replace-him/ar-AAVgShs?ocid=uxbndlbing

Late to the fair!

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mary Kay Cabot presented some additional info on the Keenum contract

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/03/browns-trade-case-keenum-to-the-bills-for-a-7th-round-pick.html

No word I've found yet on what the restructure looks like, but the Browns did pick up his roster bonus so the maximum the Bills owe is $6.1M, and said to be less

Late to the fair!

[ 2 pages earlier ]

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Good use of a useless 7th round pick. Not sure I like the player but as others have said if Allen gets hurt it doesn't matter who plays.

I actually disagree.  I think if Allen gets hurt but can return, it's important to have a guy who can win at least half the games for you.

Trubisky could do it - career 29-21 and good enough QB stats to correlate with winning in the presence of a decent D and some run game.

Keenum can too.

I don't think Barkley or Fromm or Webb could.

Just now, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Now we have him just in Case...

I see what you did there!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Do we have any idea if this has been confirmed yet about Barkley?

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

I didn't hear Barkley was signed. I know the Tweet and speculation etc. That said we drafted Fromm with Josh in the fold I still not shocked if we draft a QB.

As has been posted, Barkley will be in town early this week, get his physical and sign. At least that’s the current plan.

Brandon Beane is God!

While we're talking about backup QBs, I wonder what would have happened if Fromm hadn't chosen to leave for the Giants last year. I said it was a bad move and I was right. He should have stayed here as he was waiting in the wings to be the long-term backup. Now, he's without a team entirely because he chased the temporary money in a really unstable situation.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

While we're talking about backup QBs, I wonder what would have happened if Fromm hadn't chosen to leave for the Giants last year. I said it was a bad move and I was right. He should have stayed here as he was waiting in the wings to be the long-term backup. Now, he's without a team entirely because he chased the temporary money in a really unstable situation.

I bet they still would have traded for Keenum. Bills knew what they had 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Dont mind him as a back up. But for $6M? Waiting to hear that number come down to $2M hopefully.

I’ll be curious to see he final number… but $2m is optimistic unless he has signed an extension and moved some money to next year…

2 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I don’t think Fromm was ever going to be the long-term backup. 

13 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Or he’s just not a very good qb.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.