Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Hebert19

Cap hit aside it's pretty nice signing for the Bills.  Definitely a guy who could win you a game if he goes in for two weeks.  I really hope that the cap number can be finessed somehow though, that's a lot of change for a guy you hope never sees the field.

Cleveland FO is unbelievably stupid as Keenum was an excellent backup and should have played while BM sat out his injury last season.

Then, he should have started for 2022 should Mayfield have forced their hand and been traded.

The Browns are geared to feature a game manager at QB with a solid O line, run game. It wouldn't have cost them 230 million, 3 first rounds and half of their fans when they signed the sex fiend. 

The magic man does his magic...again!

4 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Cleveland FO is unbelievably stupid as Keenum was an excellent backup and should have played while BM sat out his injury last season.

Then, he should have started for 2022 should Mayfield have forced their hand and been traded.

The Browns are geared to feature a game manager at QB with a solid O line, run game. It wouldn't have cost them 230 million, 3 first rounds and half of their fans when they signed the sex fiend. 

The magic man does his magic...again!

On a list of 100 reasons, this is probably in the mid 70's lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

• Simon changed the title to Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Me likey.  I wanted a real QB in the “break glass in case of emergency.”  A team with genuine SB aspirations needs a dependable QB2.  I think we now can focus on CB, WR, OG and P in draft.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s a higher end Barkley which is fine. Very professional, great work ethic, etc etc  

He’s more than just a higher end Barkley. The dude has proven he can play in the playoffs. There is enough talent on this team to the point where we could eek by with a QB like Keenum. If Trent Dilfer can win a SB, so can Keenum in the event Josh is unavailable. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, wjag said:

Me likey.  I wanted a real QB in the “break glass in case of emergency.”  A team with genuine SB aspirations needs a dependable QB2.  I think we now can focus on CB, WR, OG and P in draft.  

I was hoping for a "slash" type of player who could play QB if necessary but would still have a role on field even if he wasn't playing QB.

Just now, Limeaid said:

I was hoping for a "slash" type of player who could play QB if necessary but would still have a role on field even if he wasn't playing QB.

yeah I do agree.  That was why I though MT last year was the perfect complement to JA. But I’m happy there is genuine NFL experience running the 2s. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.