From Dawg Pound to Bills Mafia - Browns Fans Leaving for the Bills

wppete

Some of the narratives im reading in these forums and arguments being made are so misinformed i dont even know where to begin. Its not the job of posters on this board to correct ignorance. Its a shame some of you vote. 

Making comparisons between OJ being acquitted and this are like comparing astronauts landing on the moon to what Bezos did months ago. 

The standard of proof to indict compared to that required to convict someone in trial are vastly different.

The fact that Watson wasnt indicted on any charges is much more telling and compelling of his “innocence” than OJ being found not guilty in trial.

Indictments are a dime a dozen. But the court of public opinion has spoken. The same court that has participated in the massive dumpster fire this planet is becoming. 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Former browns RT

Bwahaha. What a f'n idiot. Indictments don't mean anything? In the legal world it is said over and over again you can indict a ham sandwich.

Literally the process: district attorney goes in front of a grand jury. Presents his side of the case and all his evidence. Only the prosecutor gets to say anything else. No one else is there. And the GJ decides if enough is there that there could be a case. The whole "there there" term is relevant.  The state doesn't have to prove anything just state the hypothetical based on all evidence: could there have been a crime based on all of this evidence?

This knuckle dragging cro mag player needs to stick to bashing his head against others and leave the American legal system to others who comprehend it.

Edited by Boyst62
  • Agree 1

For their sake I hope they can make it work. It's hard to get yourself to identify with a team you have no connection to, but dropping one you already do on top, has gotta be hard.

I started watching more and more college ball the last 3years, and really been hoping a team would kinda find me... and I just haven't been able to make it happen. 

Can't choose who you love kinda thing.

I'd like to think I could just drop buffalo if we did something similar, but I don't think it's a light switch you can just decide to flick on and off 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Bwahaha. What a f'n idiot. Indictments don't mean anything? In the legal world it is said over and over again you can indict a ham sandwich.

Literally the process: district attorney goes in front of a grand jury. Presents his side of the case and all his evidence. Only the prosecutor gets to say anything else. No one else is there. And the GJ decides if enough is there that there could be a case. The whole "there there" term is relevant.  The state doesn't have to prove anything just state the hypothetical based on all evidence: could there have been a crime based on all of this evidence?

This knuckle dragging cro mag player needs to stick to bashing his head against others and leave the American legal system to others who comprehend it.

Depends on the motivation of the DA.  Is the DA willing to press a case against a wealthy, famous public figure?  DA is an elected position.  Does the DA press a case against a popular suspect if the DA believes it will impact his chance to get re-elected.  Bill Cosby and Jeffrey Epstein avoided indictment for years because of under-motivated DAs.

Anyway, the structure of the Watson's contract shows the the Browns are perfectly fine with Watson even if he is guilty of sexual assault.

They've protected him if he gets suspended this year by agreeing to pay him only one million dollars this season, and guaranteed his contract so he can pay off all his current (and future) victims.

So the Browns might or might not have brought a sexual predator into the Cleveland area, but even if proves out that they did, they appear perfectly fine with it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Process said:

It's one thing to trade for him. 

But giving a guy facing 22 civil lawsuits and a definite suspension, who hasn't played in a year, a pay raise and a FULLY GUARANTEED $250M contract is absolute insanity.

I don't know about that.  I mean, it's not like he was doing something worse, like gambling.  Stay classy NFL. 🙄

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Westside said:

Yeah, it should be decided by who can afford the best lawyers. This may or may not be the best legal system in the world, but it definitely has huge loopholes that favors the rich and powerful.

It’s Better that than a generally misinformed mob…., no one said human endeavors were perfect…., 

55 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

For their sake I hope they can make it work. It's hard to get yourself to identify with a team you have no connection to, but dropping one you already do on top, has gotta be hard.

I started watching more and more college ball the last 3years, and really been hoping a team would kinda find me... and I just haven't been able to make it happen. 

Can't choose who you love kinda thing.

I'd like to think I could just drop buffalo if we did something similar, but I don't think it's a light switch you can just decide to flick on and off 🤷‍♂️

I love the Bills but I actually prefer college ball.  I have 4 teams (alma maters and Air Force) that I follow and root for.  I like to find close, compelling back and forth games though.  If the game goes into OT, it's a bonus.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

They are entitled to think whatever they like and take whatever decisions they wish with their own money, I said that right back at the start. I understand the way they feel but the presumption applies to society not just to a court. The legal default whether people like it or not is that he is innocent. 

The court of public opinion has never been innocent until proven guilty.  In case you haven't noticed,  people can be a tad judgemental.

3 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

The court of public opinion has never been innocent until proven guilty.  In case you haven't noticed,  people can be a tad judgemental.

You realize the basis of a jury trial in the US legal system is a jurist of exactly the kind of ‘person’ to whom you refer.

15 hours ago, Utah John said:

Cleveland is desperate, that's the only way to look at this.  They had the overall #1 and got a QB that deserved to be a Day 2 pick.  They now give up three MORE 1st rounders to get a QB.  At the same time they're having trouble holding on to the talent they already assembled.  They still have Myles Garrett, two great RBs, and have traded for an aging Amari Cooper.  But not having 1st rounders is a killer in a salary cap era, where the key to success is drafting good players who are cheap for the first four or five years.  Watson is an excellent QB but the team is eating its seed corn now and will starve later.

Plus they're in a division with Burrow and Lamar Jackson.  And Trubisky who is a lot better than Chicago made him look.  Success this year for Cleveland is NOT guaranteed, and their future looks doubtful.

Desperation makes people and teams do very doubtful things.  

Would love Myles Garrett on this team. (So would he 😅)

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

You realize the basis of a jury trial in the US legal system is a jurist of exactly the kind of ‘person’ to whom you refer.

Just stating reality.  Sitting on a jury vs expressing opinions on the disappointing behavior of professional athletes carries way different responsibilities.  Apples and oranges.

1 minute ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Just stating reality.  Sitting on a jury vs expressing opinions on the disappointing behavior of professional athletes carries way different responsibilities.  Apples and oranges.

You have a different obligation yes, but my point was that there exists no fundamental difference between the two in terms of the composition. It’s still the same people just with different responsibilities.

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You have a different obligation yes, but my point was that there exists no fundamental difference between the two in terms of the composition. It’s still the same people just with different responsibilities.

For jury duty, people will hopefully put aside their bias.  As a fan that does not usually happen.

1 hour ago, Perry Turtle said:

Depends on the motivation of the DA.  Is the DA willing to press a case against a wealthy, famous public figure?  DA is an elected position.  Does the DA press a case against a popular suspect if the DA believes it will impact his chance to get re-elected.  Bill Cosby and Jeffrey Epstein avoided indictment for years because of under-motivated DAs.

Anyway, the structure of the Watson's contract shows the the Browns are perfectly fine with Watson even if he is guilty of sexual assault.

They've protected him if he gets suspended this year by agreeing to pay him only one million dollars this season, and guaranteed his contract so he can pay off all his current (and future) victims.

So the Browns might or might not have brought a sexual predator into the Cleveland area, but even if proves out that they did, they appear perfectly fine with it.

Sex crimes for a DA are a slam dunk.  Watson wore his welcome out there, too. Watson wasn't Epstein.

The court system trucks anyone on sex crime stuff. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.