Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

To be fair, no one gets outside in the NFL. But I agree, I didn't like the pick because of lack of upside. i think he would excel in a Ravens top gap scheme offense. But again, you have to feed him carries for him to really impact the game. 

I just want a RB that meets all 3 of my metrics because they foretell of a good NFL career if they stay healthy. I have the stats to back it up. Breece Hall is in good company. 

58 minutes ago, muppy said:

81 pages of chat discussion for One possible draft choice............ we will ll know in a few scant hours just what that Brandon Beanes'  draft board looks like. I wonder if he slept last night.   Either way I know he and war room central will be ready. BRING IT!~!~ 

Maybe not in a few hours though- there are a lot of mocks that have Hall going to us at 57 (where he is a much better fit).

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I just want a RB that meets all 3 of my metrics because they foretell of a good NFL career if they stay healthy. I have the stats to back it up. Breece Hall is in good company. 

I get you. And I do like that Hall has break away speed and can catch the football. Then he can have more impact on the game. My place is that you can find guys like that outside of the first round. If Hall can impact the game getting 10-15 carries a game with 2-3 catches mixed in that's great. But is that worth a first is my question. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I get you. And I do like that Hall has break away speed and can catch the football. Then he can have more impact on the game. My place is that you can find guys like that outside of the first round. If Hall can impact the game getting 10-15 carries a game with 2-3 catches mixed in that's great. But is that worth a first is my question. 

Nobody in the draft meets my 3 metrics other than Breece Hall. Kenneth Walker is the closest and his metrics profile matches Reggie Bush the best. 
It’s possible to have a great NFL career without meeting it, but the risk % bust increases. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I finally opened this thread.   Kind of amazing that one guy's passion has pushed this threat to nearly 100 pages!

I just watched Hall's 2021 highlights.   He certainly looks like an upgrade from Singletary, but I have to say I don't see the greatness Ironmaiden sees.   I don't see Marshawn Lynch.   

However, he does look like a quality back, and his receiving skills seem very good.  If his name is called at 25, I'll be happy because I'll know that Beane and McDermott will have decided that he's the back they need.  

I'm trying to figure out why he doesn't look like the RB his testing/results seem he is..

Is it as simple as ISU's uniforms are trash and BIG XII tier 2 telecasts are awful quality?  Because he's running away from people, but doesn't look like a 4.39 guy.  The tape just doesn't look explosive, yet his track record has him doing explosive things.

I never watched him live, but when I watched Najee or Etienne, I saw explosiveness.  Najee hurdling people and Etienne's absurd acceleration.  Also Bama/Clemson games are top tier quality broadcasts almost every time. 

Breece Hall does look incredibly fluid as a receiving option, and if teams are going to give us RB checkdowns all game, Breece Hall looks like the type of guy to make them regret doing that.  

To me, he looks like a 3 down back, with top tier receiving skills and 4.39 speed.   If we go that route at 25, i'll question the asset allocation of a RD1 RB, but would definitely be excited about what he brings to the offense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Maybe not in a few hours though- there are a lot of mocks that have Hall going to us at 57 (where he is a much better fit).

well Bills trading down is not really a consideration this year ...Trade UP or stand pat and let the draft come to them the chips/players fall as they may. I do love reading you football heavyweights slugging it out here ..all sides of the issue. This date has been circled on my calendar IM READY for ANYTHNG

EDIT: as soon as I typed that Im thinking watch Beane trade down now

lol

Edited by muppy

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

Can’t we ask the same about the WR position? 

Totally. A 1st round receiver this year probably won't even play much. But serviceable running backs are easier to find. Serviceable wide receivers are not good enough. I think that is the difference, at least in my mind. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm trying to figure out why he doesn't look like the RB his testing/results seem he is..

Is it as simple as ISU's uniforms are trash and BIG XII tier 2 telecasts are awful quality?  Because he's running away from people, but doesn't look like a 4.39 guy.  The tape just doesn't look explosive, yet his track record has him doing explosive things.

I never watched him live, but when I watched Najee or Etienne, I saw explosiveness.  Najee hurdling people and Etienne's absurd acceleration.  Also Bama/Clemson games are top tier quality broadcasts almost every time. 

Breece Hall does look incredibly fluid as a receiving option, and if teams are going to give us RB checkdowns all game, Breece Hall looks like the type of guy to make them regret doing that.  

To me, he looks like a 3 down back, with top tier receiving skills and 4.39 speed.   If we go that route at 25, i'll question the asset allocation of a RD1 RB, but would definitely be excited about what he brings to the offense. 

And Kenneth walker looks like he was shot out of a cannon. Maybe it is because Hall is bigger. Big running backs look slow. Like, Freddy Jackson always looked slow to me, but he was running right by dudes. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

A 40 below 4.4 ? And a RAS above 8 and at least 2 years of solid production 1,400+ or 1 year 1,800+ ? List them. There aren’t many. Runners like Reggie Bush and Darren McFadden are the floor. 

What were the RAS of the RBs you listed?  

RAS doesn’t mean anything….rachad white has a RAS over 9 and he’s too slow. 

56 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Why on earth would this stud last until 25???

Because these days the "rule" has become don't draft a RB in round 1

48 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Edgerrin James, LT, AP, Barry Sanders, and JT all had roughly the same metrics as Breece Hall. That’s good enough for me at 25. 

Not sure I'd use those guys in this argument as they were kind of from a different era when it was OK to select a RB in round 1. Timeframe wise admittedly AP is borderline.

Having said that I've kind of come around and am OK with selecting Hall at 25.  If they could trade down a handful and get him then, even better!

What's changed my mind is read enough articles about how Beane and McD have never drafted a boundry CB very high, so why start now.  The only reason is because of the injury to White, but they probably have a much better idea where he is in his recovery.  Add in Hyde and Poyer are so good at safety can get away with a weaker #2 CB.  So I'll rule out CB in round 1 for these reasons.  Likely they will still sign a vet FA too.

WR or IOL would be other options, but not a huge need for either of them in 2022.  IOL would also be kind of high in round 1, though is late round 1

The biggest arguments against drafting a RB in round 1 is they have short careers.  With Josh Allen at QB, this team isn't going to become a Ground Chuck offense so Halls likely wouldn't see the wear and tear that a Henry or Taylor get.  He also may get many receptions out of backfield.  Would a RB catching a pass be any worse career wise than WR catching a pass?

Also read an article yesterday that talked about how it doesn't make sense for say for a team like Jax or the Jets to draft a RB in round 1 as the team is still a few years away from competing and by then the RB could be over the hill, particularly if asked to do alot until QB was ready.  But the Bills offense is ready to roll now so not as risky of a move.

Likely a RB like Hall could do much more to improve the team in 2022 other than any other position with the possible exception of CB #2 (and punter) and that may or not be the case there too.

39 minutes ago, appoo said:

One thing I'm annoyed by Bills Twitter are the people who constantly bring up CEH and the Chiefs. Those are very different. Why? CEH didn't actually add anything new to the offense.

I remember the Bills defensive game plan was to stop the Chiefs passing game and dared them to run the ball. 200+ rushing yards later... 

32 minutes ago, muppy said:

well Bills trading down is not really a consideration this year ...Trade UP or stand pat and let the draft come to them the chips/players fall as they may. I do love reading you football heavyweights slugging it out here ..all sides of the issue. This date has been circled on my calendar IM READY for ANYTHNG

EDIT: as soon as I typed that Im thinking watch Beane trade down now

lol

Why wouldn't trading down be a consideration?  Supposedly there's only about 20 players with round 1 grades, so would make sense to trade down. 

Only reason not to is not getting a good return on trade value as other teams have the same concern.  So maybe they take 75 cents on the dollar.  Is that still better than not trading down but getting someone who's maybe only the 40th best player?  Instead trade down take the 40th best player and get an extra pick or two.  Or as one article stated if 2 QB's are gone before #25, then teams may want to trade up and would give good value in return as only one decent one left to pick from.