Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, Solomon Grundy said:

8474F665-5C0E-4301-971E-9F9C609FA406.jpeg.6c6fa7138429e2ebcabeff35a477327a.jpeg

Imagine knowing that Breece Hall has the same RAS, college production, and 40 time as 5 of some of the top NFL RBs to every play the game (Edgerrin, Sanders, LT, AP, and JT) and thinking Hall isn’t worth a 25th pick. If people don’t believe my statistical analysis, they can go through the entire dataset themselves. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

Whatever. 

people like you make me want to trade the entire draft to trade up for a RB that we could have had at 57 anyway just to watch your head explode. 

stay safe out there. Enjoy your misery if they take Hall tonight. 

I'm hearing the worlds smallest violin being played.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Just like Rob Johnson would be an all-pro and would have led the Bills to the Superbowl?

I can’t vouch for what other people have said in the past. I’m telling everyone based on the statistical metrics I’ve outlined, only a handful of RBs have done it and the vast majority of them were very very good RBs. To me, that is worth the 25th pick alone. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine knowing that Breece Hall has the same RAS, college production, and 40 time as 5 of some of the top NFL RBs to every play the game (Edgerrin, Sanders, LT, AP, and JT) and thinking Hall isn’t worth a 25th pick. If people don’t believe my statistical analysis, they can go through the entire dataset themselves. 

Can you post the RAS scores of all the RBs drafted the past maybe 5-10 years or link to where that can be found?

Can't find a list of that metric anywhere...

I did find Singletary's RAS was less than 2 and he's a pretty good player. 

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why on earth would this stud last until 25???

• Haha (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Oh it’s happening. Breece Hall’s statistics are eye popping. His RAS, 2 years of major production, and 40 time statistically translate very very well to the NFL. So much so, that he is in Edgerrin James, AP, LT, JT, and Barry Sanders territory. He’s in good company. 

Broken GIF

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

Can you post the RAS scores of all the RBs drafted the past maybe 5-10 years or link to where that can be found?

Can't find a list of that metric anywhere...

I did find Singletary's RAS was less than 2 and he's a pretty good player. 

It’s not just about the general RAS score, you have to pair it with other metrics. They must have at least 2 highly productive college seasons or 1 phenomenal season 1,800+ . And an elite 40 time. Over 80% of the RBs in the dataset that met those criterias had at least 3 good NFL seasons and most were top 30 all time RBs or on their way to becoming a top RB. 
I posted a link a few pages back. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Joe Buscaglia makes a good case for Hall in his final mock draft:  https://theathletic.com/3275674/2022/04/28/bills-mock-draft/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983

The pick at No. 25: Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

Close second: Lewis Cine, S, Georgia

In my only other Bills seven-round mock draft, over a month ago, I had the Bills taking Breece Hall, and I’m sticking with it because of Bills logic — not general draft logic. They have yet to add to their fastball in a significant way this offseason, and giving them a player like Hall adds an entirely different dimension to the offense. He’s a home run threat, he’s a pass-catching threat, he has upside in pass protection, he has excellent patience and vision for the zone scheme they’re likely to run more in 2022 and he can make people miss in the open field. The Bills often go for something they don’t have in the first round, and they have no one even close to what Hall could become, and there is no one else like Hall in this draft who fits everything they’re looking for at the position.

It’s not about running the ball more; this is still a pass-first operation. It’s about becoming an even more dynamic offense that doesn’t have to rely so heavily on quarterback Josh Allen with designed runs. It’s minimizing the risk of their MVP-level quarterback missing games. Coach Sean McDermott has stressed having the threat to run at all times to help the passing game. Devin Singletary has been fine, but he lacks game-breaking ability and he’s in the final year of his contract. Hall checks way too many boxes to ignore. He would become an electric option on RPOs, and the screen game would actually have life. Just as important, his presence would dissuade the opposition from running the big-pass-play-preventing two-high defense that’s in vogue now.

And for those who hate the idea of taking a running back in the first round, I don’t think the Bills are as worried about it as everyone else. General manager Brandon Beane acknowledged that the team had running backs, plural, with first-round grades over the last four years. Last year, after he was selected 25th by the Jaguars, Travis Etienne said he believed he was headed to Buffalo at No. 30. Beane said they would take the player if he added a dynamic skill set the Bills didn’t have on their roster. Hall is that guy.

Bills 2022 mock draft class

PICKPLAYER

Breece Hall, RB, Iowa State

Nick Cross, S, Maryland

Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State

Joshua Ezeudu, IOL, North Carolina

James Mitchell, TE, Virginia Tech

Jordan Stout, P, Penn State

Brandon Smith, LB, Penn State

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm hearing the worlds smallest violin being played.

Sounds like you’ll be throwing your remote through your TV too. Don’t kick your dog while your at it. She did nothing to you. 

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Over 80% of the RBs in the dataset that met those criterias had at least 3 good NFL seasons and most were top 30 all time RBs or on there way to becoming a top RB. 
I posted a link a few pages back. 

oh I thought you said he is a hall of famer? Now he is 80% to have at least 3 good seasons?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I won't be able to throw a remote because I won't have a free hand....because I'll be playing the worlds smallest violin.

I’m sending your neighbors over to get your dog now then. If all you have is feet I don’t want her being kicked. 

1 minute ago, 716er said:

oh I thought you said he is a hall of famer? Now he is 80% to have at least 3 good seasons?

That’s his base minimum. 3 seasons at over 1k seasons is the bare minimum that’s to be expected given his metrics. The vast majority of the sample sizes were HOF candidates or candidates on their way of making a HOF case. 

2 hours ago, inaugural balls said:

It’s a different era. Though a good thought. I’m not sure that “trio” is required today. That 3rd piece is more likely to be another high end WR or stud TE.

(and I’d replace swan with stallworth)

The old 'triplets' thing might be outdated, but on the other hand, maybe it's a counter to all the defenses like the Bills' who are now focusing on pass coverage. If we had a back that could catch and power through the front line, it might save some wear and tear on our QB - keeping him from running so often on those short yardage situations.

At the very least, it could provide more RPO schemes, opening up the mid to deep part of the field for the TEs and WRs.

I want to give opposing defenses match up nightmares.   With a QB like JA and the other skill positions, including a threatening RB, it could keep opponents up at night trying to figure out how to stop the Bills.

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m sending your neighbors over to get your dog now then. If all you have is feet I don’t want her being kicked. 

I'm actually going to be at a bar so the dog can stay.  You might want to message my friend Wade to let him know to wear catchers gear because I'm going to be kicking and punching if we select Hall.

• Haha (+1) 1