Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

What were the RAS of the RBs you listed?  

RAS doesn’t mean anything….rachad white has a RAS over 9 and he’s too slow. 

I know that RAS doesn’t mean everything, that’s why I included the 3 metrics I provided. You are right, Rachaad is to slow for my metrics. It doesn’t mean he can’t become a good pro, it just means the bust % is higher. 

The only scrubs I could fine so far is Tevin Coleman. But like I said, it’s 80%+ success rate. Which not many better correlations. 

All the RBs I listed had a RAS better than 9. And Barry Sanders supposedly broke the gauge lol. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

1 hour ago, SoMAn said:

The old 'triplets' thing might be outdated, but on the other hand, maybe it's a counter to all the defenses like the Bills' who are now focusing on pass coverage. If we had a back that could catch and power through the front line, it might save some wear and tear on our QB - keeping him from running so often on those short yardage situations.

At the very least, it could provide more RPO schemes, opening up the mid to deep part of the field for the TEs and WRs.

I want to give opposing defenses match up nightmares.   With a QB like JA and the other skill positions, including a threatening RB, it could keep opponents up at night trying to figure out how to stop the Bills.

I’m all for providing weapons to the offense - even at RB. Though using our 1st overall on one isn’t my cup of tea. 

Go Bills!!

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I know that RAS doesn’t mean everything, that’s why I included the 3 metrics I provided. You are right, Rachaad is to slow for my metrics. 

The only scrubs I could fine so far is Tevin Coleman. But like I said, it’s 80%+ success rate. Which not many better correlations. 

i am so shocked your cherry-picked metrics support your position

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, inaugural balls said:

I’m all for providing weapons to the offense - even at RB. Though using our 1st overall on one isn’t my cup of tea. 

Go Bills!!

Even if they meet the metrics of RBs like AP, JT, Edgerrin, and Sanders? 

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

i am so shocked your cherry-picked metrics support your position

Name a better correlator. 

• Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I know that RAS doesn’t mean everything, that’s why I included the 3 metrics I provided. You are right, Rachaad is to slow for my metrics. It doesn’t mean he can’t become a good pro, it just means the bust % is higher. 

All the RBs I listed had a RAS better than 9. And Barry Sanders supposedly broke the gauge lol. 

I didn’t realize that 40 time had ANY correlation with running back success.  Do you have any stats that support this?

4.48 rb is too slow.  

Just now, NewEra said:

I didn’t realize that 40 time had ANY correlation with running back success.  Do you have any stats that support this?

4.48 rb is too slow.  

It does have a correlation if it’s coupled with an elite RAS score and great college production that I outline earlier. All 3 used together is the best formula for NFL success that I’ve found to date. If you know one that is better, let me know. 

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Even if they meet the metrics of RBs like AP, JT, Edgerrin, and Sanders? 

Name a better correlator. 

Dude you’ve thrown so many ridiculous comparisons to this guy and flung so much **** at the wall in this thread I can’t keep it straight anymore. Some may respect your tenacity or whatever but it’s embarrassing to me. You’re just a shill.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Dude you’ve thrown so many ridiculous comparisons to this guy and flung so much **** at the wall in this thread I can’t keep it straight anymore. Some may respect your tenacity or whatever but it’s embarrassing to me. You’re just a shill.

Statistics is shilling? If I’m wrong, prove I’m wrong. 

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It does have a correlation if it’s coupled with an elite RAS score and great college production that I outline earlier. All 3 used together is the best formula for NFL success that I’ve found to date. If you know one that is better, let me know. 

Do you have anything to post that shows this?  I’m not disagreeing, I believe you.  I’m just a info ***** and like to read things for myself to better understand it

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

why would I do that? When people offered counterarguments to you in this thread, cited guys like Joe Marino and others, you just dismissed them out of hand, claiming that their opinions are irrelevant and the stats cited are wrong or don’t matter. So why can’t I do the same to you and your BS? What good enough for you is good enough for us, yes?

• Agree 1

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

why would I do that? When people offered counterarguments to you in this thread, cited guys like Joe Marino and others, you just dismissed them out of hand, claiming that their opinions are irrelevant and the stats cited are wrong or don’t matter. So why can’t I do the same to you and your BS? What good enough for you is good enough for us, yes?

Cmon man…..you know why.  Jonathan Taylor Jt GIF by The Undroppables

• Haha (+1) 1

IronMaudenBills , I personally want to see corner, WR or oline at pick 25… and as long as we have Josh Allen I’m never going to worry about our run game. 

That being said, I admire your ability to take on all the criticism and stick to your guns, and I’m not sure you’re wrong on Hall.

If they agree with you and take Hall, I’m going to be the biggest Breece Hall fan and hope he’s a difference maker. 

Edited by julian
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Do you have anything to post that shows this?  I’m not disagreeing, I believe you.  I’m just a info ***** and like to read things for myself to better understand it

There is no place to read it because it’s my own doing. As far as I know the three metrics being used together hasn’t been done anywhere online. It’s only happened a handful of times. It’s not a large sample size. It’s elite company. 

33 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Why wouldn't trading down be a consideration?  Supposedly there's only about 20 players with round 1 grades, so would make sense to trade down. 

Only reason not to is not getting a good return on trade value as other teams have the same concern.  So maybe they take 75 cents on the dollar.  Is that still better than not trading down but getting someone who's maybe only the 40th best player?  Instead trade down take the 40th best player and get an extra pick or two.  Or as one article stated if 2 QB's are gone before #25, then teams may want to trade up and would give good value in return as only one decent one left to pick from.

thank you for this. My thinking was that since (at least to me) it appears like this past offseason was done to fill holes through free agency that the few pieces of the roster that need shoring up would be a top tier guy , best player available on their draft board, to help the team this year.  As well as shore up with guys to  develop. But the roster top to bottom seems pretty stacked with exception of the CB and OL..imo less WR and RB......what I DO know is about half or less of what the decision makers at 1bd do. I do trust their judgment and their process bottom line. Its clearly fun to conjecture.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Statistics are only as good as the input and information placed into the evaluation. Numbers can always be deceptive and not accurate based on the data that was imputed. Additionally, there are so many other viable in football that really can't be computed analytically. If it were that simple, teams would always hit home runs with their draft choices. Look at Brady as a great example. Heck, Josh Allen is a surprise by analytics too. No QB has improved his accuracy like him. 

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

There is no place to read it because it’s my own doing. As far as I know the three metrics being used together hasn’t been done anywhere online. It’s only happened a handful of times. It’s not a large sample size. It’s elite company. 

Nice disclaimer. Small sample sizes have the biggest margin for error. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Have you emailed Beane???

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Statistics are only as good as the input and information placed into the evaluation. Numbers can always be deceptive and not accurate based on the data that was imputed. Additionally, there are so many other viable in football that really can't be computed analytically. If it were that simple, teams would always hit home runs with their draft choices. Look at Brady as a great example. Heck, Josh Allen is a surprise by analytics too. No QB has improved his accuracy like him. 

Nice disclaimer. Small sample sizes have the biggest margin for error. 

It’s a category where only the freakiest of athletes are found. Of course it’s going to be a small sample size. AP, JT, Edgerrin, and Sanders is great club to be in. Only Tevin Coleman is the outlier. 

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

Have you emailed Beane???

Lol it would probably go unread or in the spam file haha.