Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

I can’t answer your question because I haven’t gone through every single RB to play in the NFL in modern times. I do know from casual glancing that the bust rate is higher if you expand the parameters. 

You would be looking at each college RB who had two years of 1,400+ or 1 year of 1,800+ and a 40 time of 4.4 or lower, not every single RB to play in the NFL in modern times.

You need a group to compare your group to for your theory to stick.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I said 1800+ or 2 1400 seasons. Right now Brieda is the only other legitimate sample. 

And Brieda and McKinnon played at terrible schools. Worse than big 12 or big 10. 

How about Danny Woodhead.

4.33 40, 1800+ and 1700+ yards 2 different years in college, RAS upper 8.  Never had more than 600 yards in he NFL.

Plus there are a ton of guys right on that edge - Michael Bennett - 1681 yards in 1 season, Jerious Norwood 2 college years well over 1000 yards, Justice Hill, TJ Duckett 4.42 40.

I get that you think you metric hits 80%, but it is looking more like 50% and a ton of average players right in the same range - so not sure the metrics matter and those players are more recent than you HOFs.

At this point I am only in the upper 8 RAS all time.

I am sure there will be more, but whatever.  Keep telling everyone that he is a HOF base upon your metric.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

You would be looking at each college RB who had two years of 1,400+ or 1 year of 1,800+ and a 40 time of 4.4 or lower, not every single RB to play in the NFL in modern times.

I would have to look at every single RBs production to determine that group. Because I don’t have a database that I can run those queries. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

29 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I said 1800+ or 2 1400 seasons. Right now Brieda is the only other legitimate sample. 

And Brieda and McKinnon played at terrible schools. Worse than big 12 or big 10. 

Ahh more things that must be taken into account.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I would have to look at every single RBs production to determine that group. Because I don’t have a database that I can run those queries. 

oh well

Bunk analysis then. 

3 minutes ago, 716er said:

It's not a theory, it's an 89 page (and growing) crusade which will no longer be "contributing positively to the community" come 11:30ish tonight.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Is it not reasonable to factor in competition now in scouting? This is news to me. 

Only when it became obvious your metric was wrong did it become an issue.

it is part of the reason people question Hall - his competition in the big 12 on defense was pathetic- just as bad as many lower colleges.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree with you on CB, but it's been pointed out the McD and Beane going all the way back to their Carolina days have never used, think it was higher than a 3rd round pick on a #2 CB.  Only thing that changes it just a little this season  is White being hurt. But if they never drafted a #2 CB above round 3 prior, gives me doubt they'll do it now.

I don't know what they'll take, but it makes perfect sense to take a corner in round 1.   It's more or less exactly the same as the reason you might take a wideout in round 1.   If you can get a #1 corner or a #1 wide receiver, he's a perfect #2 at low cost for four years, about the time that you will be looking at the decline or end of careers for Diggs and White.   It will be exactly the time to give the guy #1 money.   

And in general, I think it doesn't make much sense to say they've never done it, so they won't.   I think Beane's shown he'll do whatever he thinks makes sense.   Did Beane ever trade a #1 for a veteran before Diggs?   Did he ever sign a HOF edge before he signed MIller?   

I'm way past trying to predict Beane, except to say that he's likely to do the unexpected. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

89 pages.

I hope the board holds up when Hall isn't the pick.

Even if we dont draft him we can argue about how we should have drafted him anyways 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dunno if this has been linked yet.  What do you think about this @IronMaidenBills

https://ras.football/2017/01/17/rb-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/?amp

@IronMaidenBills

you’ve gone out of your way to answer any and every post directed @ you.  Can I get your take on this?  lots of players in there that didn’t play @ Georgia Southern. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Is it not reasonable to factor in competition now in scouting? This is news to me. 

Additionally let’s go back to your original parameters - you included Barry Sanders, but on the RAS website - his 40 time was listed as 4.41 - so technically he doesn’t meet your criteria either - pulling things down further.

I have a bunch of average guys that just miss out by a few yards - one of your HOFs miss out by 40 time according to RAS.

7 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I don't know what they'll take, but it makes perfect sense to take a corner in round 1.   It's more or less exactly the same as the reason you might take a wideout in round 1.   If you can get a #1 corner or a #1 wide receiver, he's a perfect #2 at low cost for four years, about the time that you will be looking at the decline or end of careers for Diggs and White.   It will be exactly the time to give the guy #1 money.   

And in general, I think it doesn't make much sense to say they've never done it, so they won't.   I think Beane's shown he'll do whatever he thinks makes sense.   Did Beane ever trade a #1 for a veteran before Diggs?   Did he ever sign a HOF edge before he signed MIller?   

I'm way past trying to predict Beane, except to say that he's likely to do the unexpected. 

Exactly.  Who’s to say the pick at 25 doesn’t eventually become the #1 corner or #1 WR?  

28 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Only when it became obvious your metric was wrong did it become an issue.

it is part of the reason people question Hall - his competition in the big 12 on defense was pathetic- just as bad as many lower colleges.

Major difference between Georgia Southern and Big12. I guess AP dominated bad talent huh? 

33 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

How about Danny Woodhead.

4.33 40, 1800+ and 1700+ yards 2 different years in college, RAS upper 8.  Never had more than 600 yards in he NFL.

Plus there are a ton of guys right on that edge - Michael Bennett - 1681 yards in 1 season, Jerious Norwood 2 college years well over 1000 yards, Justice Hill, TJ Duckett 4.42 40.

I get that you think you metric hits 80%, but it is looking more like 50% and a ton of average players right in the same range - so not sure the metrics matter and those players are more recent than you HOFs.

At this point I am only in the upper 8 RAS all time.

I am sure there will be more, but whatever.  Keep telling everyone that he is a HOF base upon your metric.

Division 2. Come one guys, you are so disingenuous. On the edge doesn’t count. That’s why they are on the edge. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Major difference between Georgia Southern and Big12. I guess AP dominated bad talent huh? 

Division 2. Come one guys, you are so disingenuous. 

Yes….AP did dominated bad talent.  There’s no doubt.  

many thoughts?

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes. You are either getting Barry Sanders, AP, JT, Edgerrin James, Eteniene(hurt) or Tevin Coleman. I like my chances. 

So not only did Barry sanders have a 4.41 40 time for his RAS - not in your metric.

RAS lists AP with a 4.41 40 time also.

So right now based upon have a high RAS, below a 4.40 40, and >1400 yards x2 or >1800 yard - your list is

Edgerrin James HOF, Jonathan Taylor, Travis Eteniene - who was moved to WR not a RB in Jacksonville. 

We also have guys like Tevin Coleman, Jerrick McKinnion, Danny Woodhead, and Matt Bereida that all meet the metric and push your metric to 2 excellent backs and 4 JAGS that meet you metric.

If you want to up the 40 time to include Sanders and AP - then guys like TJ Duckett start to push their way in.

I love the idea, but I do not think your very limited metrics amount to proving anything.

Sorry.