Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

1 minute ago, Pabstblueribbon said:

It's a bit more nuanced than that imo. There is validity to the issue of rb positional worth of even a stud rb taken in early 1st round picks landing on an otherwise terrible team. If Buffalo picks Hall at 25 it will be based on the same mindset that made KC draft CEH. The logic is actually becoming more clear to me, if you agree that Hall has a high probability of becoming a special player.  

I think it's the opposite.  You're correct, it is the same as KC drafting CEH.  They saw that he fit very nicely in what they were trying to do.  I will be thrilled if the Bills have reached the same conclusion about Hall and take him.   But our fearless leader here isn't telling us Hall is CEH.   He's saying he's on a par with Edgerrin James and a couple of other Hall of Famers.  CEH was a great fit for the Chiefs, but he's not a Hall of Fame player or anyplace close.  Hall may be a great fit for the Bills, but that's a completely different proposition than Hall is a probable Hall of Famer who somehow is likely to fall to 25.   

28 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve gone through most of the RBs I can think of. I’m sure I might have missed a few, but if anyone finds one I’ve missed, feel free to post them. You can be as critical as you want, it’s good discussion. 

He’s on my metrics list. Amazing isn’t it. 

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Music Video What GIF by Apple Music

Another player on the list - Taiwan Jones - our ST ace.  4.33 40 time, mid 9 RAS, 1200 and 1700 yards in college.  Never done a thing as a RB.

🤦‍♂️

• Awesome! (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well Jonathan Taylor is in my metric group and he got selected in the 2nd round. Sometimes the pros miss elite talent. 

Jonathan Taylor is also playing with an amazing run blocking line 

You see the run blocking schemes they're able to pull off and it's a thing of beauty

Put him behind the Texans line and I guarantee he doesn't look like an all pro 

It always takes two to tango.. OJ Simpson behind a weak line wasn't an MVP

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

All I’m doing is just pointing out the players that belong to an elite statistical club. 

Please.   Now you should just stop.   

You're NOT just pointing out that he's in a statistically elite club.   You've been saying over and over that BECAUSE he's a member of an elite statistical club he WILL be great.   And that, my friend, is a conclusion based on false logic. 

He may be great, he may not be, but your data doesn't prove it.  Is your data interesting?   Sure, in same way hundreds of stats that are spouted on TV are interesting.  It proves nothing. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Another player on the list - Taiwan Jones - our ST ace.  4.33 40 time, mid 9 RAS, 1200 and 1700 yards in college.  Never done a thing as a RB.

🤦‍♂️

I said 1800+ or 2 1400 seasons. Right now Brieda is the only other legitimate sample. 

And Brieda and McKinnon played at terrible schools. Worse than big 12 or big 10. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I said 1800+ or 2 1400 seasons. Right now Brieda is the only other legitimate sample. 

How many players with 1800+ or 2 1400 yard seasons have their ever been?

What is the RAS score of each of those players?

You need that information to make any statistical assumption.

Dunno if this has been linked yet.  What do you think about this @IronMaidenBills

https://ras.football/2017/01/17/rb-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/?amp

16 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Jonathan Taylor is also playing with an amazing run blocking line 

You see the run blocking schemes they're able to pull off and it's a thing of beauty

Put him behind the Texans line and I guarantee he doesn't look like an all pro 

It always takes two to tango.. OJ Simpson behind a weak line wasn't an MVP

Mmmmmhmmmmm

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Dunno if this has been linked yet.  What do you think about this @IronMaidenBills

https://ras.football/2017/01/17/rb-relative-athletic-scores-ras-table/?amp

Saw that earlier.

One thing I noticed is the best PASS CATCHING RBs are not at the top of the list.

That's what we need most, yes?

A few notables off the top of my head I searched for there...

McCoy - 6.22

Kamara - 8.11

McCaffrey - 8.44

James White - 4.94

Kevin Faulk - 7.4

Edited by 716er

8 minutes ago, 716er said:

You've listed the ones with high RAS scores.

How about every other?

Sanders, AP, JT, Edgerrin, Hall, McFadden,Tevin Coleman , Eteniene all meet the criteria I’ve already mentioned . I’m also going to include it has to be from an acceptable division. And not scrub teams like Georgia Southern. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sanders, AP, JT, Edgerrin, Hall, and Tevin all meet the criteria I’ve already mentioned . I’m also going to include it has to be from an acceptable division. And not scrub teams like Southern Georgia. 

They all have high RAS scores. We know this.

How about the RBs who achieved the statistics you reference (not RAS scores) and how their careers turned out?  It's more logical that a player who dominated in college will be better at the next level.

2 minutes ago, 716er said:

They all have high RAS scores. We know this.

How about the RBs who achieved the statistics you reference (not RAS scores) and how their careers turned out?  It's more logical that a player who dominated in college will be better at the next level.

I told you. My criteria is High RAS scores (8+), 2 years of 1,400+ or 1 year 1,800+, and a 40 time of 4.40 or lower and play in a acceptable conference. I’ve listed the players already that reached that

8 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Sanders, AP, JT, Edgerrin, Hall, McFadden,Tevin Coleman , Eteniene all meet the criteria I’ve already mentioned . I’m also going to include it has to be from an acceptable division. And not scrub teams like Georgia Southern. 

Hey?? That scrub team produced Tyler Bass. 😁

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I told you. My criteria is High RAS scores (8+), 2 years of 1,400+ or 1 year 1,800+, and a 40 time of 4.40 or lower and play in a acceptable conference. I’ve listed the players already that reached that

I understand your criteria

The question is - What players with two years of 1,400+ or 1 year of 1,800+ and a 40 time of 4.4 or lower who play in an acceptable conference has a RAS score that does not fit your criteria?

The data from that question would isolate the parameter (RAS SCORE) you love so much to compare the two groups. 

It is my theory that college RBs with incredible production contribute at the next level at a comparable rate regardless of their RAS score.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, 716er said:

I understand your criteria

The question is - What players with two years of 1,400+ or 1 year of 1,800+ and a 40 time of 4.4 or lower who play in an acceptable conference has a RAS score that does not fit your criteria?

The data from that question would isolate the parameter (RAS SCORE) you love so much to compare the two groups. 

It is my theory that college RBs with incredible production contribute at the next level at a comparable rate regardless of their RAS score.

I can’t answer your question because I haven’t gone through every single RB to play in the NFL in modern times. I do know from casual glancing that the bust rate is higher if you expand the parameters. Maybe if I get more free time soon, I will do a more comprehensive analysis of the full database.