Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

18 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

You describe very well what I see.   I don't see an explosive guy, but an extremely dependable guy on all three downs.  

It's what I see too. He does everything pretty well and and can run the power up the gut runs and he can threaten outside. The thing I really like about him is his patience. He is almost prime Lev Bell in his willingness to let things develop. But I don't see 4.39 speed on the field. He isn't slow by any means but he doesn't have that sudden explosion. 

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok, those those are the ONLY guys that qualify according to your metrics?  Or are there others players?  You’ve done compressive research or just did some skimming?  

again, not coming down on you, just trying to understand fully.

I’ve gone through most of the RBs I can think of. I’m sure I might have missed a few, but if anyone finds one I’ve missed, feel free to post them. You can be as critical as you want, it’s good discussion. 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Jonathan Taylor Finger Guns GIF by Indianapolis Colts

He’s on my metrics list. Amazing isn’t it. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve gone through most of the RBs I can think of. I’m sure I’ve might have missed a few, but if anyone finds one I’ve missed, feel free to post them. You can be as critical as you want, it’s good discussion. 

Music Video What GIF by Apple Music

19 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yes. You are either getting Barry Sanders, AP, JT, Edgerrin James, Eteniene(hurt) or Tevin Coleman. I like my chances. 

Wait.  You have figured this out.  If it is so clear, the guy is not lasting to 25.  Or 20.  He's gone in the top 10 picks. 

So, why did you start a thread that says the Bills should taken him at 25?   Let's take Jerry Rice at 25, also.   And maybe Orlando Pace.  They're all likely to be sitting there at 25, too.  

Either the NFL agrees with you, in which case he'll go in the top 10, or the NFL doesn't agree with you, in which case you are quite likely to be wrong.  

3 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Are you sure, I think you got 1 more in you

Just posted it!

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I’ve gone through most of the RBs I can think of. I’m sure I might have missed a few, but if anyone finds one I’ve missed, feel free to post them. You can be as critical as you want, it’s good discussion. 

He’s on my metrics list. Amazing isn’t it. 

Is Joe Buscaglia’s prediction rating on your metrics list?

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

Wait.  You have figured this out.  If it is so clear, the guy is not lasting to 25.  Or 20.  He's gone in the top 10 picks. 

So, why did you start a thread that says the Bills should taken him at 25?   Let's take Jerry Rice at 25, also.   And maybe Orlando Pace.  They're all likely to be sitting there at 25, too.  

Either the NFL agrees with you, in which case he'll go in the top 10, or the NFL doesn't agree with you, in which case you are quite likely to be wrong.  

Just posted it!

Well Jonathan Taylor is in my metric group and he got selected in the 2nd round. Sometimes the pros miss elite talent. 

9 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Okay, I'll do my part.  The chances are NOT high that the Bills will get three great years out of this guy.   You simply cannot prove that, particularly when your proof is essentially one data point compared to one data point for a bunch of other guys.   

You may be right, but his probability of success is not nearly as high as you'd have us believe. 

I was in a discussion yesterday about Williamson.  Someone told me to watch a discussion of talking heads about how could he is.  They said top 4 in the draft, absolutely.  I looked at video of Williamson playing.   You know what I saw?   Sammy Watkins.  I don't care what measureables the guy has, nobody is going to convince me on stats that the guy is about to become an all-time great receiver.   And you are not going to convince on a stat that Hall is Edgerrin James.  

I watch the Hall highlights and ask myself this question:   Is this guy as good as Dalvin Cook?   To my eyes, no, and the guy is playing against Big 12 (or whatever conference) talent.  

I knew you were a team player! 😄

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Is Joe Buscaglia’s prediction rating on your metrics list?

Just because a RB isn’t on my metrics list doesn’t mean they can’t have a good pro career. I just want to take the high percentage of success based on my metric standard. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Just because a RB isn’t on my metrics list doesn’t mean they can’t have a good pro career. I just want to take the highway percentage of success based on my

metric standard. 

Is that on Joe B?

1 hour ago, inaugural balls said:

I’m all for providing weapons to the offense - even at RB. Though using our 1st overall on one isn’t my cup of tea. 

Go Bills!!

yeah, but it's 25th so look at it as early 2nd rounder

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I don’t know why you must get salty. All I’m doing is just pointing out the players that belong to an elite statistical club. 

I’m not salty.  It’s just smack. 

Mike Rob is all about Kenneth Walker over Breece Hall.  

45 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s a category where only the freakiest of athletes are found. Of course it’s going to be a small sample size. AP, JT, Edgerrin, and Sanders is great club to be in. Only Tevin Coleman is the outlier. 

Lol it would probably go unread or in the spam file haha. 

Is Tevin Coleman the outlier?

Darren McFadden was an average RB with what 2 1000 yard season - not great.

Jerrick McKinnon has done little.  4.4 40 time, upper 9 RAS, and 1800 yard season in college.

Reggie Bush not a great pro.

Matt Breida 4.38 40 time, upper 9 RAs and 2 1400+ yard college - never hit 1000 yards in NFL.

You listed a few greats, but I am only a small way through and there are a couple below average to Average RBs.  Not sure it is really 80% like you claim.

Plus most of your successful guys were older players at a time when they were unique and super special.  I will keep going through, but it does not look like it makes him a guaranteed success.

Matt Bredida might be a perfect comp for Hall.  More of a receiving threat.

I will keep looking at these, but many I am not sure I think Hall is the HOF you make him out to be.

Here are a few more names on the other side @NewEra.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

It's a bit more nuanced than that imo. There is validity to the issue of rb positional worth of even a stud rb taken in early 1st round picks landing on an otherwise terrible team. If Buffalo picks Hall at 25 it will be based on the same mindset that made KC draft CEH. The logic is actually becoming more clear to me, if you agree that Hall has a high probability of becoming a special player.  

14 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well Jonathan Taylor is in my metric group and he got selected in the 2nd round. Sometimes the pros miss elite talent. 

Yes, but you're telling us it is completely obvious that this guy will be a star.    Why would 32 teams miss it?   And if they ARE missing it, then it's not because of your metrics, because they have all the metrics.   If it's not because of the metrics, then there's no reason for us to believe he'll be great just because you say he'll be great.   

You're perfectly free to have the opinion you have, but your opinion is not some kind statistical certainty that you and only you can see.