Breece Hall Please!!

Milanos Milano

17 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

Walker III is my top RB too.  Doubt Buffalo is talking him as he's had very little contact with them, a brief conversation at the combine.  Either BUF is putting up a smoke screen or they aren't very interested in him.  He only had one big year in college and has only limited experience in catching the ball out of the backfield. I see that a a positive - a lot of tread left on the tires

The former could be true. There's been a lot of evidence of Beane taking guys they never met with.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

So, of the Bill's 30-visits so far, three have been RBs, with Hall being the latest.   

It certainly seems like Beane is sending a message about upgrading the running game (particularly to Zach Moss 😛).

Or the message that he won’t be paying singletary who is in a contract year. One way to be able to be able to pay your premium players is to keep the RB room cheap and they have and I think will continue to do so. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Or the message that he won’t be paying singletary who is in a contract year. One way to be able to be able to pay your premium players is to keep the RB room cheap and they have and I think will continue to do so. 

Yeah.  That's a pretty powerful (and motivating) message to both guys.   Hope it has the desired effect.  :lol:

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

So, of the Bill's 30-visits so far, three have been RBs, with Hall being the latest.   

It certainly seems like Beane is sending a message about upgrading the running game (particularly to Zach Moss 😛).

Who are the other 2?  

5 hours ago, Shake_My_Head said:

When you put all the puzzle pieces up it looks like we are def drafting a RB

- The talke Travis E. last year

- Bringing in Mcktrick

- I actually like Duke.....and think he will have something to say about how this goes down with his play

- Would not shock me to see one of Hall, Walker, Cook drafted

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

The former could be true. There's been a lot of evidence of Beane taking guys they never met with.

The only guy he’s taken  in the 1st rd who didn’t have a top 30 visit was Rousseau, and they didn’t do them last year due to covid. It’s hard to tell what type of meaning these visits have though predictively beyond day 1 because a lot of the guys the bring in will be gone by the time they pick on day 2. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/04/15/running-backs-likely-to-be-shut-out-of-this-years-first-round/

PFT says the same thing I've been saying all offseason. Hall and Walker are good backs. But they aren't on the level of prospects that the two that went in the First last season were. You do NOT take one in the First Round.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

On 4/11/2022 at 1:23 PM, newcam2012 said:

How did that work out for the Chiefs with Edwards- Helaire? Just saying...

Exactly why Beane won't take Hall at 25. 

Agreed

We can add Ezekiel Elliott, Barkley, McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon etc.

The two best backs in the league (Henry and Taylor) were second round picks.

Seems picks 40-50 are the sweet spot for getting better odds of finding a 'stud RB'

Even then plenty of other exellent RBs taken later (Kamara, Pollard etc)

• Agree 1

On 3/17/2022 at 1:00 AM, IronMaidenBills said:

A buzzkill for always wanting to get better? So we can’t do better than Singletary and Moss? Breece Hall is elite. 

I agree that we need all of those things, but Breece Hall is the next Marshawn Lynch. I want to have an elite running back to pair with Allen. 

To the bolded... that is a HIGHLY opinionated statement. 

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

To the bolded... that is a HIGHLY opinionated statement. 

Agreed. They aren’t similar in the least other than weight and catching ability imo. Lynch was much shiftier coming out of college and not nearly as fast. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, Shake_My_Head said:

What would this message achieve between now and the draft? By the time TC starts, the RB room will be set. The message will be sent post-draft if an RB is actually selected in the early rounds. 

The main reason RB is a low cost position is because young players can make an immediate impact.  But you have to good young players to follow that strategy. Its not crazy to spend even a first on the RB, if that person can be a top 5 to 10 RB immediately. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, John from Riverside said:

When you put all the puzzle pieces up it looks like we are def drafting a RB

- The talke Travis E. last year

- Bringing in Mcktrick

- I actually like Duke.....and think he will have something to say about how this goes down with his play

- Would not shock me to see one of Hall, Walker, Cook drafted

I think Sal was discussing this - I believe the conclusion was that they expect the Bills to draft a RB, but not very early.

He heard the Travis talk last year was not a ton by the FO and that he would not have been the pick unless several other players were gone.

The RBs they actually have signed are all low end RBs.

He said reading the tea leaves - he expects RB 3rd round or later and more of a receiver.

We will see, but unless Hall falls a long way and other guys are picked - I think this is not a match.