Baker Mayfield says goodbye to Cleveland (update - Traded to Panthers)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Baker still has to pass the physical.  I wonder if that is not exactly a slam dunk. 

The fix is in.  You offer the team physician a package deal on homeowners, automobile, and malpractice insurance, and Baker's a shoo in. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Let’s see what he can get for Keenum. 

I think Keenum is probably as good as,  or better,  than Mayfield or Darnold. I feel similarly about Trubisky, Jimmy G. That is I think they are as good as, probably better, than Baker

I'm not totally convinced Mayfield is much better than Minshew. And I'm pretty sure Tua will have a better NFL career than Baker. 

Edited by The Dean
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Now that he's a Panther, he is only one step away from being a Bill. So we should keep this going to track his progress.

One more thing, you're welcome.

Keenum is only on a 1 year deal, so I could see Darnold here as backup next year. Beane gotta keep that panther pipeline flowing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Keenum is only on a 1 year deal, so I could see Darnold here as backup next year. Beane gotta keep that panther pipeline flowing.

Panthers are doing a great job keeping that pipeline flowing. All Beane has to do is to attach a filter and open the tap. 

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I'm not totally convinced Mayfield is much better than Minshew. 

I'm not totally convinced that Minshew isn't actually Mayfield dressed in a mullet wig, a fake mustache, a jockstrap and a pair of jorts... I mean, has anyone ever seen them in the same room together?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, without a drought said:

Now that he's a Panther, he is only one step away from being a Bill. So we should keep this going to track his progress.

So you are saying before it's all said and done we can have most of Josh's QB class on the roster backing him up and on the practice squad 😂

5 hours ago, brianthomas said:

image.thumb.png.70eb9cddc38db7c4365109a0dcdd9655.png

so this means that maybe 1-2 years from now Baker will be Josh's backup? :P

Pretty sad that the Jets got way more for Darnold.  Mayfield trade is basically nothing lol.  I believe Mayfield is way better than Darnold but I guess injury could be a concern.

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I think Keenum is probably as good as,  or better,  than Mayfield or Darnold. I feel similarly about Trubisky, Jimmy G. That is I think they are as good as, probably better, than Baker

I'm not totally convinced Mayfield is much better than Minshew. And I'm pretty sure Tua will have a better NFL career than Baker. 

Interesting take. I agree Keenum is solid. Will be very interesting to see what Trubisky does. I think he still can be a solid starter in the right setting. 

I'm higher on Mayfield than most. He got his team to the playoffs and played KC better than Allen did in 2020. 

Tua is a great unknown. Impressive completion percentage with a rag arm.  And can he stay healthy?  He has as good a supporting cast as anyone now.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Interesting take. I agree Keenum is solid. Will be very interesting to see what Trubisky does. I think he still can be a solid starter in the right setting. 

I'm higher on Mayfield than most. He got his team to the playoffs and played KC better than Allen did in 2020. 

Tua is a great unknown. Impressive completion percentage with a rag arm.  And can he stay healthy?  He has as good a supporting cast as anyone now.

And his rookie season was light years ahead of Allen, not sure why Bakers best moments compared to Allen’s lowest have any bearing on future outcomes.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, without a drought said:

So you are saying before it's all said and done we can have most of Josh's QB class on the roster backing him up and on the practice squad 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

Pretty sad that the Jets got way more for Darnold.  Mayfield trade is basically nothing lol.  I believe Mayfield is way better than Darnold but I guess injury could be a concern.

It's not ability, it's market value.  The Browns' trading position was non-existant, allowing the Panthers to rob them blind.  The Browns have utterly botched this thing, from Watson to Mayfield and deserve the misery and discord this will bring.  The fans...well, them I feel sorry for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Are the Panthers really an upgrade over the Browns as an organization? If so, not by much. Rhule could be on his last legs

From a football perspective only, once the smoke clears the Browns will have a franchise top 7 or 8 qb for the next decade.    Panthers are still in qb purgatory.

1 hour ago, julian said:

And his rookie season was light years ahead of Allen, not sure why Bakers best moments compared to Allen’s lowest have any bearing on future outcomes.

They don't. Never said they did. But the fact is he was injured most of last year with a torn labrum in his left shoulder requiring surgery.  He played through the pain. Allen played a few of his worst games with a labrum injury too. A healthy Mayfield is a middle of the road starting QB in this league.  

I'm not even a Baker fan. I had him ranked below Allen and Rosen and just above Darnold. 

8 hours ago, eball said:

Browns at Panthers W1 just became must-see-TV.

I gave this a like because in theory it could be really interesting to say the least if somehow it ended up being Watson v Mayfield.

In reality though, it will likely see Darnold v the Browns backup QB. There is no way that Mayfield will beat out Darnold at training camp whilst he is learning the playbook.

Nothing to see here.

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.