Apparently no draft party for STH this year (and not because of COVID)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Found this on the Bills STH Facebook Page (administered by the team).

Someone posted the reply of their ticket rep to their question about a draft party this year:

"Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans to hold a Draft Party given that the team's first selection will be so late into the first round."

Gotta say that this is one of the lamest things I've heard in a while.

And the whole look of raising prices but giving less is not good.  There used to be pins, banners, magnets as well as events etc as part of being STH.  None of that now.  And in-stadium "swag" is also down to pretty much nothing.

If only I was still on the Fan Advisory Board (if there even is one any more).

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, junior said:

Feeling less and less valued as a STH year over year. They really seem to do the bare minimum now. 

When a team is winning the organization saves money by doing less and less for STH because the winning product is what draws STH. When the organization is losing and Season Tickets go down they pull out all the stops to stop the bleeding. Not having a draft party is stupid and just being penny wise and dollar foolish. Even from a pure dollars and cents perspective why not put on the best face while you are asking for hundreds of millions for a new stadium. 

• Like (+1) 4

This appears to be a bad decision by the Bills. Draft is a big part of the NFL entertainment program. Bills should reward their STH with a Draft Party, no matter how late in the Draft they pick. As a matter of fact, they should have a special Draft Party if the Bills pick 32nd.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Someone posted the reply of their ticket rep to their question about a draft party this year:

And the whole look of raising prices but giving less is not good.  There used to be pins, banners, magnets as well as events etc as part of being STH.  None of that now.  And in-stadium "swag" is also down to pretty much nothing.

Had the same comments in Bills Backers Presidents forum on Facebook.

Fandom support has been changed to Bills mafia and Bills Backers Groups have been around a long time before Bills mafia.

One year they sent electronic wallpaper for cell phones! 

2 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Agreed, I used to look forward to getting my tickets in the mail, with the booklets and flags and such…now all we get is a “thank you for your payment.”

Two things- STH in all sports are getting less from the teams, regardless of success. The Orlando Magic did have a draft party this year but offered nothing cool at it, unlike prior years. Secondly the Bills are definitely shopping the pick for a current good player, so why plan party when there is a decent chance they won't pick at all 

"Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans to hold a Draft Party given that the team's first selection will be so late into the first round."

Translation: “You animals will be too drunk and obnoxious by the time we select in the first round.”

• Haha (+1) 4

4 hours ago, junior said:

Feeling less and less valued as a STH year over year. They really seem to do the bare minimum now. 

Wait until the new stadium and you have to pay twice as much for your tickets, a psl and still have to sit outside in December and January.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I get not having a draft party, the pick would be so late, I always thought of the draft party more for the kids or children of season ticket holders

They should have some sort of draft party or something at the field house though that weekend. If they don't they are making a big mistake for the future fans and season ticket holders

As a kid my father would be selective of which games I would get to go to but the special events were always a guarantee. I have fond memories of special events like the a draft party as a kid or preseason events 

Tldr: I am now a season ticket holder but without those off season events I experienced as a kid, I may never have become a season ticket holder 

2 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

"Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans to hold a Draft Party given that the team's first selection will be so late into the first round."

Translation: “You animals will be too drunk and obnoxious by the time we select in the first round.”

It's true...But just saying "no party" to BillsMafia is a dangerous thing...Bold move...B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.