Bobby Wagner released

CDogg20

3 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I’d love to see what Edmunds looks like outside with less responsibility on the defense. 

Maybe, maybe not. Most certainly not worth the cost v cap at his current valuation. 

But you said kill people. I can name safeties who plays the game more violently than Edmunds does. That’s not even a knock. It’s just not his game and it never has been. Sort of like how Diggs will never outmuscle anybody. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

Maybe, maybe not. Most certainly not worth the cost v cap at his current valuation. 

But you said kill people. I can name safeties who plays the game more violently than Edmunds does. That’s not even a knock. It’s just not his game and it never has been. Sort of like how Diggs will never outmuscle anybody. 

I meant make plays, which he can do. 

I used the wrong descriptive term, as like 5 people pointed out. 

I’d still like to see what he looks like when he isn’t the defensive QB or going 1 on 1 with WRs.

I still think he could play a Lorenzo type role quite well. Cover RBs, some TEs and use his incredible speed off the edge.

One can dream!

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Glad I know who I’m talking to from now on.  Mind Reaction GIF

Do you man…..but off ball linebackers are one of the lowest paid positions in football for a reason.  And you want to to pay Edmunds, Wagner and Milano for the next few years….in josh Allen’s prime.  THAT is the position group you want to focus on?  Off ball linebacker??  Meanwhile our franchise runs for his life because we can’t afford OL.  

Luckily for Bills fans, you included, Beane won’t have your same vision.

I only brought up cutting Taron because if we pay 3 off ball LBs between 11-18M per year EACH, then we should be playing a base 4-3, which devalues the slot compares to our current scheme.  Wagner, Tremaine, Milano and Taron are the 4 guys competing for 3 spots.  It’s not difficult.  

SMH.  Yeah, teams with 3 starting linebackers don't carry slot corners.

this you New Era?

image.jpeg.b75a6a458f954c5fc4f777d44e018417.jpeg

15 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

SMH.  Yeah, teams with 3 starting linebackers don't carry slot corners.

this you New Era?

image.jpeg.b75a6a458f954c5fc4f777d44e018417.jpeg

They carry slot corners…..they just don’t pay them 7M+ per year along with the 3 off ball LBs 11-18M per year.  No team has ever come close to that.  And there’s a reason for it

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, SCBills said:

DK’s vibe last year didn’t seem to indicate a dude that wants to hang around on a rebuilding team.  

If he tells the team he’s not interested in re-signing after this season, they’d likely entertain offers.  

Highly unlikely of course, but IF we were to trade Metcalf for Edmunds, would it be an even trade, or would one of the teams have to throw in a pick. If so, which one?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Highly unlikely of course, but IF we were to trade Metcalf for Edmunds, would it be an even trade, or would one of the teams have to throw in a pick. If so, which one?

Rosterbating here, but how about #25 and Tremaine for #40 and DK? It lets the Hawks come back into the bottom half of the first to grab a QB and they would still have a second rounder. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Rosterbating here, but how about #25 and Tremaine for #40 and DK? It lets the Hawks come back into the bottom half of the first to grab a QB and they would still have a second rounder. 

I was thinking maybe we’d have to throw in a 4th rounder or something. There is a pretty big value difference between 40 and 25. 

22 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It seems that Seattle is on definite rebuild. Hopefully Beane is inquiring about Metcalf. 

all of them. Definite rebuild after the Wilson thing
speed dial.
Wagner please. Edmunds for the draft pick and something something. and draft a LB to learn under Bobby. 

win win win

Go Bills

8 hours ago, FireChans said:

The next person Edmunds hits hard will

be his first.

Thought it was worth repeating what was said on the the Bears - Steelers broadcast with 13:34 on the clock in the 3rd quarter.

Announcer:  "[Najee] Harris has taken a lot of punishment this season. Doesn't seem to mind the contact. He actually told us he likes to get hit."

Color Man:  "And he's taken some big hits, Jamal Adams for the Seahawks got him, Edmunds for the Bills got him one time, he said that was the hardest one he took."

That doesn't mean slobberknocking is a big part of his game. It's not. But he's done it when he gets the opportunity.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

I watched us fall short of the SB this year because of ineffective D... and coaching.  Beyond some sporadic pressure, we did zero ti stifle Mahomes. 

Yeah, it was all the defense and coaching.

Losing to the Jags this year because the offense could only score 6 points against that powerhouse Jags D, and therefore setting the KC playoff game at Arrowhead ... that didn't have anything to do with it.

If Edmunds were to be traded, I wouldn’t care if it was in the AFC or NFC, he wouldn’t worry me all that much as an opposing defender. And if there was ever a scenario in which Josh needed a yard or two for a first down and Edmunds was the obstacle towards getting that yardage, I’d be willing to bet any amount of money that Josh picks up that first down at least 7/10 times.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Those are max numbers, not guaranteed.  And they'll get restructured and punted down the road at a later date. 

I'd like to think Frazier/McD aren't fools, shoe-horning their system around inferior players come hell or high water.  

Being conservative economically is the smartest way to get a title. All you have to do is look at how many financially conservative teams won Lombardis compared to the number of teams that kicked a ton of cans down the road and won Lombardis. Far more conservative teams do it.

And when you have a young top three QB, kicking cans down the road makes even less sense. We have a very long window of being really competitive ahead of us.

You're right, "shoe-horning their system around inferior players] isn't what Beane does. There are very few inferior players on this roster. Beane certainly is no fool.

Expect him to kick a few cans down the road. He's always done that. But not many. He's never done that, nor should he.

10 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I was thinking maybe we’d have to throw in a 4th rounder or something. There is a pretty big value difference between 40 and 25. 

The “big value difference” between 25 and 40 would suggest that Seattle, not Buffalo, would have to throw in a 4th rounder to even it out.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There are linebackers in this draft that could be had from rounds 2-5 who could probably step in and replace what the Bills are getting from Edmunds - maybe not the same combination of physical traits but their instincts may be better.  

I love that they met with Brandon Smith from Penn State. He may be the answer we are looking for. Smith has everything Tremaine has, but he is a much more physical player and he is a bit shorter so his frame is a bit more compact and but he still has freaky long arms and his wingspan is wider than Tremaines. He ran a slightly slower 40 but displays better lower body explosion with a better broad jump than Maine. He also came in about 10 lbs heavier than he played, so he is probably closer to a 4.5 than a 4.6. If we do move on, this is the type of guy the regime would target to replace him. 

HT: 6-3 1/2

WT: 250

ARMS: 34 5/8

HANDS: 10 1/4

40: 4.57 (4th among LBs - tie)

BENCH: DNP

VERTICAL: 37.5 (4th among LBs)

BROAD: 128 (4th among LBs - tie)

I also hope we give a long look to Troy Andersen. He has a lot of really interesting traits. He is faster than Smith and just as explosive as Smith, not as long and much more raw.  Smith is more refined and has a thicker build. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.