Bobby Wagner released

CDogg20

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Yikes calling people clueless and being wrong on the basic facts is bold.

His contract is guaranteed but the contract goes with him.  He has zero dead cap if he is traded. 

You made my point. He called people out. Obviously if traded Edmunds cap goes. 

People talk about him like he's a cut candidate. 

5 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Wrong. a trade clears all of his cap.

It is worth noting that this is only the case because this year is the 5th year option for Edmunds. In most cases there is dead money when you trade a player. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

It is worth noting that this is only the case because this year is the 5th year option for Edmunds. In most cases there is dead money when you trade a player. 

Fans are so weird though. They think the guy is terrible but believe teams will throw a good asset trying to get him.

Never makes any sense to me.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

No law…… but as others have said, McD/Frazier chose to run nickel as their base and they chose to resign our NICKEL cb to a contract paying him almost 8M per year.  

So you want to pay milano, 11M, Edmunds 13-15M, Wagner 18M and Johnson 7.5am….LOL.  Never will that ever happen.

Those are max numbers, not guaranteed.  And they'll get restructured and punted down the road at a later date. 

I'd like to think Frazier/McD aren't fools, shoe-horning their system around inferior players come hell or high water.  

36 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans are so weird though. They think the guy is terrible but believe teams will throw a good asset trying to get him.

Never makes any sense to me.

I think more accurately its....

1. We find him mediocre,  not terrible. 

2. There are always a handful of teams that would  be convinced they could benefit from him, even at 12M.

3. If I could get a 3rd and lose that contract,  then trying to sign a Wagner becomes very attractive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

2. There are always a handful of teams that would  be convinced they could benefit from him, even at 12M.

3. If I could get a 3rd and lose that contract,  then trying to sign a Wagner becomes very attractive. 

OK so you're trading Edmunds for a 3rd. Wagner signs elsewhere. 

Now what?

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Trading Edmunds and cutting Klein basically clears Wagner’s space. 

18 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Can you imagine a 3-3-5 where Milano and Wagner are “in the middle” and Edmunds is allowed to roam and kill people? 

Id love if this happened but I don’t think it will. 

I don’t know why you think Edmunds would “kill” people. He’s an athletic freak but not a single person has confused him with a thumper. It’s just not in his wheel house. 

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

Trading Edmunds and cutting Klein basically clears Wagner’s space. 

I don’t know why you think Edmunds would “kill” people. He’s an athletic freak but not a single person has confused him with a thumper. It’s just not in his wheel house. 

I’d love to see what Edmunds looks like outside with less responsibility on the defense. 

13 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Those are max numbers, not guaranteed.  And they'll get restructured and punted down the road at a later date. 

I'd like to think Frazier/McD aren't fools, shoe-horning their system around inferior players come hell or high water.  

lol, ok.  we’ll see if they agree with you or me.  

We won’t be extending Tremaine while also adding any other all pro LB that is getting paid over 10M aav….to play alongside Milano and Taron.  

That would be embarrassing and almost a fireable offense.  If we sign Wagner, edmunds will either be traded or allowed to hit FA next offseason.  Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll be signing Wagner.

29 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Can you imagine a 3-3-5 where Milano and Wagner are “in the middle” and Edmunds is allowed to roam and kill people? 

Can you image never getting any pressure on the QB?  Yeah…..you’re right, it never will.

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Now what?

You don't trade him unless Wagner agrees. That's kind of obvious

34 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Edmunds doesn't have the awareness to just let him roam

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

27 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Now what?

Play Dodson & Milano then use that 13M toward Chandler Jones.  Or sign Wagner to replace Edmunds. You do realize there are other options available. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

lol, ok.  we’ll see if they agree with you or me.  

We won’t be extending Tremaine while also adding any other all pro LB that is getting paid over 10M aav….to play alongside Milano and Taron.  

That would be embarrassing and almost a fireable offense.  If we sign Wagner, edmunds will either be traded or allowed to hit FA next offseason.  Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll be signing Wagner.

Can you image never getting any pressure on the QB?  Yeah…..you’re right, it never will.

Where does Taron Johnson keep coming into all this - he's a CB who has a guaranteed contract of 3 years, 13.75 mill. 

Fireable to build a solid, athletic LB corps, lol

22 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Where does Taron Johnson keep coming into all this - he's a CB who has a guaranteed contract of 3 years, 13.75 mill. 

Fireable to build a solid, athletic LB corps, lol

Absolutely fireable to invest so much money into the Lb position (the LINEBACKER POSITION in base nickel defense) while our potentially legendary QB has one good offensive lineman……please tell me how this makes any sense…..I’ll wait.  

we’re on the hook for a 5M (66% of his yearly contract) dead cap in 2023 if we cut him after this season. Almost 9M dead cap if we cut him now.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The next person Edmunds hits hard will

be his first.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Absolutely fireable to invest so much money into the Lb position (the LINEBACKER POSITION in base nickel defense) while our potentially legendary QB has one good offensive lineman……please tell me how this makes any sense…..I’ll wait.  

we’re on the hook for a 5M (66% of his yearly contract) dead cap in 2023 if we cut him after this season. Almost 9M dead cap if we cut him now.  

Holy moving goalposts batman.  

I have no idea who you're talking about cutting- the Taron we just signed to an extension??  Seems kinda 😝 

Yup, true, there are 22 starting spots on a team, and 5 of those are on the OL.  But this is a thread about linebackers.  And IMHO, linebackers are the best value positions on D, and the men amongst the boys on defensive side.  Involved in almost every play, run or pass- linebackers.  Most tackles, and most reliable tacklers- linebackers.  Sets the tone and brings the attitude- linebackers... with a few stud DL's in there... a few.

Sure I want the greatest OL collection the game has ever seen, but realistically... who you got in FA that fits that and makes any financial sense?

So draft 'em and maybe pick up someone solid in FA.

I watched us fall short of the SB this year because of ineffective D... and coaching.  Beyond some sporadic pressure, we did zero ti stifle Mahomes.  

5 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

Holy moving goalposts batman.  

I have no idea who you're talking about cutting- the Taron we just signed to an extension??  Seems kinda 😝 

Yup, true, there are 22 starting spots on a team, and 5 of those are on the OL.  But this is a thread about linebackers.  And IMHO, linebackers are the best value positions on D, and the men amongst the boys on defensive side.  Involved in almost every play, run or pass- linebackers.  Most tackles, and most reliable tacklers- linebackers.  Sets the tone and brings the attitude- linebackers... with a few stud DL's in there... a few.

Sure I want the greatest OL collection the game has ever seen, but realistically... who you got in FA that fits that and makes any financial sense?

So draft 'em and maybe pick up someone solid in FA.

I watched us fall short of the SB this year because of ineffective D... and coaching.  Beyond some sporadic pressure, we did zero ti stifle Mahomes.  

Glad I know who I’m talking to from now on.  Mind Reaction GIF

Do you man…..but off ball linebackers are one of the lowest paid positions in football for a reason.  And you want to to pay Edmunds, Wagner and Milano for the next few years….in josh Allen’s prime.  THAT is the position group you want to focus on?  Off ball linebacker??  Meanwhile our franchise runs for his life because we can’t afford OL.  

Luckily for Bills fans, you included, Beane won’t have your same vision.

I only brought up cutting Taron because if we pay 3 off ball LBs between 11-18M per year EACH, then we should be playing a base 4-3, which devalues the slot compares to our current scheme.  Wagner, Tremaine, Milano and Taron are the 4 guys competing for 3 spots.  It’s not difficult.  

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.