January 6th 2021 FEDSURRECTION: The Corrupt Biden Regime: White House, FBI, DOJ, media, committee

BillsFanNC

14 hours ago, DRsGhost said:

Yep. Brilliant move!

It's about saving the Blue to deep blue seats at this point.  

A 300 to 135 GOP advantage would be a lock if say this was all flipped - the Ds trying to take the House but all Deep State Communications (Twitter, Google, Legacy Media) all going 24/7 with the worst economy since 1933.   

So the Ds strategy is stave off historical embarrassment.  You're voting for insurrectionists you see.  You're also a racist.  And hate gays.  

And I just paid $15 at the store for 2 lbs of ground chicken and a bag of sugar. 

15 freaking dollars for that.  

Everything is fine.  

21 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I watched the hockey game.  I just assumed it was a rerun of the impeachment trials.  It did have about 20 million plus viewers across all the networks which is pretty piss poor all things considered.

How many watched the impeachment trials? What are we comparing viewership to? TBH, I haven't watched either. I tend to read about this stuff on my free time, not watch it on a scheduled time.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

How many watched the impeachment trials? What are we comparing viewership to? TBH, I haven't watched either. I tend to read about this stuff on my free time, not watch it on a scheduled time.

I remember it being around 10 million but I believe the impeachment trials weren't in prime time.  Plus, what's the point of watching something if we already know the outcome?

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I remember it being around 10 million but I believe the impeachment trials weren't in prime time.  Plus, what's the point of watching something if we already know the outcome?

From what I've read, there is video content/testimony from both sides that hasn't been shown to the public yet. And isn't their goal to bring different charges to Trump and/or stop him from being able to run again for president? It seems like there's definitely a pending outcome here that's different than the impeachment trials.

Just now, LeGOATski said:

From what I've read, there is video content/testimony from both sides that hasn't been shown to the public yet. And isn't their goal to bring different charges to Trump and/or stop him from being able to run again for president? It seems like there's definitely a pending outcome here that's different than the impeachment trials.

I'm the wrong one to ask as I didn't watch a second of the hearings.  From what I've heard they haven't yet revealed any shocking new evidence as it just seems to be typical political theater.  Dems wanting to take the focus off inflation, gas prices, stock market decline, etc...  Republicans just wanting to put that day behind them to move on to the midterms without Trump's stupid election fraud claims coming back into focus.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Where’s the suspense here? At least with the impeachment trial, it was actually a trial with a prosecution and defense team…and could’ve resulted in the removal of the President (otherwise known as the political overturning of an election). What’s the result here? Some partisan congressional panel declares that Trump can’t run again in a couple of years? When gas is $8.00 per gallon ….who the frick cares!!!

• Dislike 1

So many people will dismiss this information because it comes from a source that they dismiss out of hand.

But what is she really sharing here? Information from the NYT and then providing context by telling you who exactly these people are that the NYT told you are running the J6 show at DOJ. 

• Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Where’s the suspense here? At least with the impeachment trial, it was actually a trial with a prosecution and defense team…and could’ve resulted in the removal of the President (otherwise known as the political overturning of an election). What’s the result here? Some partisan congressional panel declares that Trump can’t run again in a couple of years? When gas is $8.00 per gallon ….who the frick cares!!!

They can't do that unless he's convicted.  And what's the issue when, if Trump becomes President in 2024, he won't be contesting the results of the 2028 election?  They won't be able to create more fake scandals?

6 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

We already knew he'd be acquitted in the Senate so I didn't waste my time with the hearings.  Removing him in the last couple of weeks in his presidency would've been political suicide for the GOP with his diehard supporters.  People have already made their minds up after January 6th so I agree these congressional hearings are pointless.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

We already knew he'd be acquitted in the Senate so I didn't waste my time with the hearings.  Removing him in the last couple of weeks in his presidency would've been political suicide for the GOP with his diehard supporters.  People have already made their minds up after January 6th so I agree these congressional hearings are pointless.

Close…I never said they were pointless. But let me ask you: In less than 150 days, when the Republicans take back the majority in the House do you think the major networks will gift them many evenings of prime time coverage of the same hearings in which each gets less than 1/20th of the voters to watch ? I’m guessing not. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Close…I never said they were pointless. But let me ask you: In less than 150 days, when the Republicans take back the majority in the House do you think the major networks will gift them many evenings of prime time coverage of the same hearings in which each gets less than 1/20th of the voters to watch ? I’m guessing not. 

What hearings would they conduct?  The answer is obviously no regardless.

16 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

What hearings would they conduct?  The answer is obviously no regardless.

You’re correct…the answer is no, the networks would never air them. And if people are willing to be truly honest, that fact alone should concern every American.

• Dislike 1

There are a lot of problems with the Jan. 6 Committee, not the least of which it is a compromised, biased group that has only been appointed by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA).

You’re not talking about an independent investigation looking for the truth. I’m not even sure we have objective law enforcement doing that anymore in this case. This is a political show trial meant to do what it can to help the Democrats’ chances in the midterms.

As I noted, they started off being deceptive in terms of how they presented what President Donald Trump said that day, leaving out him calling for people to act “peacefully,” and after the riot started, telling people to “go home” in “peace.” That showed you right off the bat that they weren’t going to have an honest presentation–but a Hollywood hatchet production with the help of a former ABC official.

But they’ve released a list of some of the witnesses that they’re going to call on Monday, and it has at least one witness who should set off all kinds of conflict red flags. It also says a lot about how they operate.

more at the link: https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2022/06/12/surprise-witness-called-by-j6-committee-reveals-big-conflict-for-liz-cheney-n577833

So, not playing Trump's words to "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard," using camera tricks to remove Ray Epps from a critical moment on J6 and Cheney calling on the campaign adviser of a rival after a poll comes out showing she's getting trampled.  Yep, totally legit.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Doc said:

As they say, "stay tuned."  Payback is going to be a...

Republicans are good at payback too.  We have a majority Republican Supreme Court as payback for Senator Biden and Senator Kennedy and others for the Bork and Clarence Thomas hearings.  

Blows my mind that our President and several members of Congress (Mitch McConnell) were there for the Bork hearing.  I remember that. It was a long freakin' time ago.  We need term limits IMHO.  I try to impose them in the ballot box but have not had much siuccess.

• Agree 1

Seems odd to launch concussion grenades without warning into a crowd that wasn't being violent in any way for over an hour. Seems like a good way to agitate a peaceful crowd though. Will the committe ask questions about this? Ummm no. No they won't.

• Thank you (+1) 1

That Was The Best Hearing Democrats Had To Offer?

by Derek Hunter

I watched that joke of a “hearing” on Thursday, the one about January 6th and the “threat to democracy” created by angry people with no focus or objective, some of whom chanted mean things. Needless to say, I was unmoved.

Only 2 members spoke, Chair Bennie Thompson and Liz Cheney, and neither of them really “spoke” at all, they read. Their eyes were glued to the teleprompter the way someone who can’t swim is glued to a raft in the deep end of a pool. 

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2022/06/12/that-was-the-best-hearing-democrats-had-to-offer-n2608586

41 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Seems odd to launch concussion grenades without warning into a crowd that wasn't being violent in any way for over an hour. Seems like a good way to agitate a peaceful crowd though. Will the committe ask questions about this? Ummm no. No they won't.

Never heard that they threw concussion grenades during what was a peaceful protest at the time.  Now if they had been black...oh, wait a minute!

00001-7.jpg

OOF! Adam Schiff vouching for Jan 6th Committee’s ‘very powerful’ evidence proving Trump responsible BACKFIRES on the committee

Remember when Adam said he had proof that would end Trump with the whole fake Russia thingie? And wasn’t it Adam who got fooled by a radio station claiming they had naked pictures of Trump?

Good times.

Schitt-head claiming the January 6th Committee has ‘very powerful’ evidence proving Trump was responsible for a bunch of morons breaking into the Capitol and taking selfies actually hurts the committee, he gets that, right?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/13/oof-adam-schiff-vouching-for-jan-6th-committees-very-powerful-evidence-proving-trump-responsible-backfires-on-the-committee/

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

00001-7.jpg

OOF! Adam Schiff vouching for Jan 6th Committee’s ‘very powerful’ evidence proving Trump responsible BACKFIRES on the committee

Remember when Adam said he had proof that would end Trump with the whole fake Russia thingie? And wasn’t it Adam who got fooled by a radio station claiming they had naked pictures of Trump?

Good times.

Schitt-head claiming the January 6th Committee has ‘very powerful’ evidence proving Trump was responsible for a bunch of morons breaking into the Capitol and taking selfies actually hurts the committee, he gets that, right?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/13/oof-adam-schiff-vouching-for-jan-6th-committees-very-powerful-evidence-proving-trump-responsible-backfires-on-the-committee/

Not only did Schiff say over and over to the media that they had smoking gun evidence of Russian collusion, when he and others were asked under oath if they had seen evidence of it they ALL said no.

Lie to the media to craft a narrative, but not under oath.

12 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

Not only did Schiff say over and over to the media that they had smoking gun evidence of Russian collusion, when he and others were asked under oath if they had seen evidence of it they ALL said no.

Lie to the media to craft a narrative, but not under oath.

I want to know who the democrat is that has been orchestrating such a huge conspiracy against trump and the country. He/she would be the one I would want to tun the country. Not one of these guys like trump and Hilary who got caught and exposed. 

Facts. Inconvenient facts.

But Paul Irving, Nancy Pelosi’s sergeant-at-arms at the time, and Michael Stenger, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s sergeant-at-arms, repeatedly denied requests by the Capitol police chief for extra help days before the Capitol protest. As the chaos unfolded that afternoon, Irving and Stenger continued to delay numerous pleas to deploy the National Guard. Although more than 1,000 guardsmen were stationed at the D.C. armory on the morning of January 6, they were not summoned to the Capitol complex until well after 5:00 p.m.

No police officers died on January 6 or as a result of the protest: Four supporters of Donald Trump—Ashli Babbitt, Rosanne Boyland, Kevin Greeson, and Benjamin Phillips—died on January 6. Babbitt, an unarmed veteran who posed no lethal threat, was shot and killed by Capitol police officer Michael Byrd around 2:45 p.m. near the Speaker’s Lobby. Boyland died around 4:30 p.m. outside the lower west terrace tunnel where D.C. and Capitol police were engaged in violent confrontations with protesters. Witnesses say Greeson and Phillips suffered fatal heart attacks after being hit with stun grenades, an explosive device used by police outside the building that afternoon.

No one carried firearms into the building: On January 7, 2021, Pelosi described the previous day as an “armed insurrection,” a narrative that persisted for months. The public was led to believe gun-toting Trump supporters “stormed” the building with intent to harm or even kill lawmakers in an attempt to overthrow the government.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Jan. 6 committee announced that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed

The Jan. 6 committee announced Tuesday morning that its hearing set for Wednesday has been postponed. No reason was given.

(Excerpt) Read more at https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wednesdays-jan-committee-hearing-postponed/story?id=85381712&cid=social_twitter_abcn 

The House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol announced in a statement Tuesday that it was postponing its public hearing that was scheduled for 10 a.m. ET Wednesday.

The next hearing will take place on Thursday instead. Rep. Zoe Lofgren, D-Calif., a member of the panel, told reporters Tuesday that the postponement was due to “technical issues” stemming from “overwhelming” demand on staff to produce videos.

Color me extremely skeptical that they postponed a long-planned hearing because they didn’t have all their videos ready. That doesn’t begin to pass the smell test. Those kinds of production elements are handled well in advance, and the committee would not be two days out from a hearing and not have all the exhibits ready to go.

So what’s the real reason? I’d speculate that Monday’s hearing was such a dud that they are now scrambling to come up with more “shock and awe” for the next one. That could explain why they are rushing to produce more videos at the last minute. But what’s that tell you about the actual evidence they claim to have if they can’t just show up and present it without massaging things further?

There’s also the possibility that the committee has been tipped off that the Dobbs decision, which currently promises to overturn Roe v. Wade, is going to be released on Wednesday. As of now, there’s no official word, but the Supreme Court is scheduled to release decisions on that day as the term comes to a close. That would make sense given how publicity-hungry the committee is. The last thing they want to do is compete with angry mobs reacting to the possibility of the non-existent “right” to abortion being nuked.

Other than that, perhaps the infighting is just getting to the members, causing them to be unable to settle on one strategic plan going forward? That’s not a completely out-of-the-blue suggestion. Clearly, some members want to go all the way with criminal referrals while the chairman doesn’t. Such a disagreement would affect how they play their cards in the next several hearings.

Regardless, it doesn’t appear things are going as planned for Thompson, Cheney, and the rest. Yes, they are getting the headlines they want from the bubble-dwelling media, but most Americans are far more concerned with the economy right now.

Continuing to push January 6th as the preeminent issue of our time only feeds into the idea that Democrats are hopelessly out of touch. That’s mostly because they are.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/14/january-6th-committee-suddenly-postpones-hearing-after-infighting-begins-n578433

I don't know. Selectively editing videos probably does take time  😎

• Agree 1

https://www.newyorker.com/news/q-and-a/the-two-pronged-test-that-could-put-trump-in-prison

What does that mean, “conspiracy to defraud the United States”?

The statutory citation is Title 18 of the United States Code, Section 371. It is sometimes referred to as the Klein Conspiracy, after a case named United States v. Klein. It is frequently used in cases of tax violations, but what it means is that someone with a fraudulent intent did something to obstruct or impede the official functioning of government. And so, in this instance, it would be something like, Trump and others conspired to defraud the American people and interfere with the proper transfer of Presidential power. And it could be as simple as getting Mike Pence to refuse to certify the vote when he had a duty to do so. Sometimes people think about the big picture, that you have to tie Trump to the physical attack on the Capitol. And that could do it, because that was one way that the certification was obstructed. But it could also simply be his efforts to pressure Mike Pence to refuse to certify the vote. And that would be an obstruction of an official proceeding.

And what about a conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding?

That would relate specifically to the certification effort on January 6th. Again, it could be proved by a number of different methods. It could be proved by inciting the mob. That would be one way, but I think that’s much harder than you need. It could be proved, again, just by pressuring Mike Pence to refuse to certify. That could be an obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress. And, by interfering with that in a way that is fraudulent, that could be a violation of that obstruction statute.

I was hoping you could throw a little cold water on all this, because there have been so many examples in the past five years of Trump not actually getting charged. I’m curious what you see as the potential pitfalls here.

I think the public is not aware of just how challenging it is to put together the kind of airtight criminal prosecution that is necessary to be able to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, to a jury of twelve people who must decide unanimously on guilt.

Edited by Nineforty