LA market not in top 10 for SB TV ratings

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I totally agree with this but admittedly just bitter that there is one fan base and city that gets to end the season happy, and it’s one that is bandwagon and/or doesn’t care. 

I’m guess not sure why it matters what the weather is like during the game. We have 80 degrees and sunny during plenty of football games in the fall and it doesn’t impact whether I watch the games. 

Yeah, this doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s an easy cop out. If the weather is always nice, you would think it would be more likely they could miss out on one day in the 80’s to watch their team in the super bowl. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, TheFunPolice said:

LA fans 5 minutes after the game ended: cool! toss it on the pile of titles! What else is on?

Meanwhile, here in WNY we would remember it for the rest of our lives. You'd see people 20 years from now wearing the Bills SB champion shirts from this SB.

I know I would be crying like a blubbering seal with a mixture of sheer joy, disbelief, and more sheer joy. I'll bet Rams fans high fived each other and went to the beach or something. 

Yeah, but…I feel the Rams Fans approach is the much healthier approach to take with entertainment.

🤷 

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Yeah, but…I feel the Rams Fans approach is the much healthier approach to take with entertainment.

🤷

LA fans are much more serious about the results of deep rooted teams like the Lakers and Dodgers than they are all the carpetbaggers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

No way. That fair weather fan nonsense is for the weak. If I stick it out & live & die with every play & get back up each time this team lets me down, then, 1 day, 1 glorious day when they finally win it all, that victory will be that much sweeter, bc I will have earned it living through those tough times.

See there's nothing wrong with being a die hard fan it's completely healthy. 

Cincinnati and Columbus-  well pretty obvious why there'd be high ratings

Detroit though?  Kinda surprised.  I always thought Buffalo was a lot more of a football fan kind of city..  In the sense that Bills fans would still show strongly during the drought.  Lions now- I didn't think that much 

Edited by Another Fan

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Cincinnati and Columbus-  well pretty obvious why there'd be high ratings

Detroit though?  Kinda surprised.  I always thought Buffalo was a lot more of a football fan kind of city..  In the sense that Bills fans would still show strongly during the drought.  Lions now- I didn't think that much 

Stafford was a big part of Detroit the last decade

Just a thought: when the Chargers beat Pittsburgh away to win the AFC Championship...not only did the fans greet the team but the Chargers opened the then Jack Murphy Stadium for the welcome back party. I went with some Charger diehard fan friends and we just got in before the place was totally full and gridlocked on the 163 freeway to get there.

I mention this because while LA has the Lakers and Dodgers besides football.  San Diego had of course the Padres and the Chargers. Such a legacy. Great NFL tradition. A huge local market of Charger fans in this massively populated city existed.

If the Chargers hadn't left on a billionaire owners money grab up the 5 freeway to LA they would have a staunch fan base here today. Now? meh. Socal loves a winner and many of we who live here are transplants with our own team affiliations as well. Ideal weather is always a rationale for why fans dont become as invested. If they WIN then they will sell out every week. If not winning, its empty seats. LA Chargers what a total embarrassment and a farce as compared with their history. 

I would have thought an LA Rams superbowl would have been a ratings WIN in any case but what do I know.  *shrugs*

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Wonder if almost all of them in the LA area were at the game?!

Not sure if serious 

15 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

True.

Don't follow the Lions well enough if he left on good terms or was that much an attention grabber for them.  I'm guessing yes?  

Yes they were selling “Detroit Rams” T-shirts 😬

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.