AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs

Steptide

The Bengals D in this game and defensive coaches did basically everything that we didnt do last week:

1. They sacked Mahomes

2.They double covered Hill and Kelce on many plays, shutting them down

3. They tackled Hill and Kelce before they could get going. (the play before the half was superb on Hill).

4. They held the Chiefs in the red zone to no points before the half to save the game.

5. They held the Chiefs in the highest pressure situation possible within the redzone at the end to a FG to stay alive

6. They didn't crumble in OT and intercepted Mahomes.

7. Played gutsy defense and didn't quit at 21-3

They were the difference in this game. As much as I am happy for them. It really sickened me with old green eyed jealousy that we failed to do most of those things in the game. Its just insane to me with 13 seconds to kill, our coaches and players completely sht the bed. Then given a chance to redeem themselves in OT and save the season, the coaches just froze and our D just lay down butt in the air.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Amazing how some fans did not want Beane to make any trade deadline moves,  WE'RE GOOD they kept saying.  I thought getting Von Miller would have put this team over the top and we most likely win the game against Bucs and playing KC at home.  The defence showed what they were about in our first game of the season against a slow & old Big Ben

Who knows? They may have had Miller drop back into coverage 😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Good for the Bengals. Definitely makes the Bills loss easier ( a little bit) to take. I still think the Bills would have bea the Bengals in OP because Josh is just better and his rushing / passing would be too much for the Bengals. Can’t comment on their defense too much as I didn’t see any of the game except the final few minutes. All 22 will tell the story. Good news is maybe  there won’t be so much Mahomes GOAT talk now. Chiefs fans needed some misery. 

too much mahomes allll over my TV and social media  ENOUGH already. mainstream media like yahoo and msn pick up every baby pic or wifey quote Im just DONE with that clan. BYE

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Today's outcome should put more pressure on McD & Frazier's defensive design and in game execution.  Never again are they allowed to squander the elite playoff QB play that Allen was delivering. McD gets a pass because he helped turn this team around but IMO he doesn't get a 2nd screw up. Cincinnati today exposed how bad the Bills game plan & execution were on defense last week.

Why should he get a pass anymore. He's mismanaged a couple of games every year but we gave him a pass because he was building a team. This year they blew the Pitt, Jacksonville, !st NE game & the KC game.

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Amazing how some fans did not want Beane to make any trade deadline moves,  WE'RE GOOD they kept saying.  I thought getting Von Miller would have put this team over the top and we most likely win the game against Bucs and playing KC at home.  The defence showed what they were about in our first game of the season against a slow & old Big Ben

Could we have traded for a defensive coordinator or STs coach? Is it wishful thinking to hope for a dumb team to hire Frazier so we can get to 3rd round picks?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Steptide said:

If anyone wants to feel better about our epic fail last week, go read kc's Twitter comments 

Enjoy the Chief fans meltdown

BiggieCheese

@plsStfuTyy

·

55m

Replying to

@Chiefs

As an honest Chiefs fan I think I speak for all of us when I say we aren’t good. Mahomes is a fraud and our coaches can’t game plan. We need to start rebuilding this team and trade our assets bc we aren’t winning a superbowl with this team. This is coming from an honest fan btw.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Bad karma Chiefs fans did to celebrate it to much as well as other arrogant stuff said by them. 

Yep, I agree. All I heard in the media was how Chiefs fans were cherishing those 13 seconds.

I think they all thought after beating Buffalo is... all we gotta do is show up and we will win it all...

That Cincy team though, week loss to the Bears, week 8 loss to the Jets, Cleveland swept them. 

But, in the playoffs, beat the Raiders, beat the Titans in Tennessee.

I'm reveling in their loss :devil:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I just hope NFL NETWORK re-broadcast as many times as AFCDG

Our parish priest is a Bengals fan.  Came up to me after church and told me they won.   I want to watch that game specially how the Bengal defense stopped KC cold in the second half and OT

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Don’t need a leader, just an elite guy in the front 7 that makes big plays. Preferably the front 4.

Seems pretty obvi to me too!  Let's go get him!!  :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

Any update on the talented Mahomes brother? Has he done a dance tribute to Burrow? 

I am very upfront I basically dissed the Bengals until I was gently reminded they were NO bungles today and I concur. Im feeling major Props for this team and their fanbase Im not gonna lie. Im not bogarting their celebration Im just  just sitting in respect and happy for the fans.

m

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.