AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs

Steptide

22 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

I am sure their fans are going to be going through some emotions.

I was going to click SAD and then explain it was total sarcasm' but decided that awesome was best..as in been there done that Now YOU wear the losers

t-shirt

lol

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Man in the one year that Mahomes finally looked human, he happened to play the best game of his career against us. Then fell back to earth. This result doesn't make me feel better about last week at all. Our defense needed to make one freaking play.

Maybe because our defensive game plan was so soft and passive.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Man in the one year that Mahomes finally looked human, he happened to play the best game of his career against us. Then fell back to earth. This result doesn't make me feel better about last week at all. Our defense needed to make one freaking play.

gee , could it be because Frazier and our D just gave him the game?  He adopted to our style and we did nothing to mix it up unlike Cincy. 

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

A winning team with mountains of cap space is going to attract a lot of free agents. The Bills, on the other hand, will have to make hard choices.

Good grief man, each season is different and a million things happen that can turn the tides.  I've been saying Cincy is legit too, but I'd put them, KC, and Buffalo in the top tier. 

Each has different strengths and could beat the other team 50% of the time on any given Sunday.  

Way too much being made of Cincy winning today, if you think it has any ramifications on next season.  These 3 teams will be battling out for many years, until another talented Qb team (ie Chargers) jump into the mix.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

Exactly. The Cincy D-Line salaries are LESS then half of the Bills. If Rousseau and Basham don't improve. And Hughes-Addison-Butler-Phillips  all leave. outside of maybe Oliver, who do we have? Pathetic.  

Have you noticed that all these teams defensive linemen look like lumberjacks on steroids and the Bills' linemen look like high school players. Tall and skinny or just overweight kids who get pushed around all day. This is what needs to change. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Right now you could see some name defensive players get cut,  they need real play makers on that side of the ball.  WE have none beyond White and please stop with Milano is great fans,  when has he made a big play in a game against KC?

Cincinnati defensive players are comparable to ours. Eli Apple was considered a bust after stints in NY/NO. Bates and Bell are Poyer/Hyde. Cincinnati defense scheme in 2nd half shutdown Hill/Kelce

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont know why someone of you bother watching football, it clearly makes you miserable.   So far I've read:

• Bills are screwed because the Bengals have Joe Burrow and Cap Space
  • The Bills defense is beyond repair is complete shambles. 
  • Drafting players doesn't work.  Only spending a ton on free agents does.
  • Bengals did this today with no high picks (Despite having the #1 overall draft pick at QB, the #5 overall pick at WR, and the #11 overall pick at Tackle)

Take a breath and come back to reality. 

Thank you!  This win by Cincy has nothing to do with the Bills.  It was two teams that played an exciting game...and in fact only proves what Josh Allen said that, even if things had played out differently last week, it would guarantee nothing following.  I'm happy for the Bengals.  If they win the Super Bowl, great for their fans.  If they lose, they lose.  At least that team is now part of the conversation again after so many years of paper bags on heads.  And KC got humbled, especially their fans.  No chocolate cake for Andy Reid.  He'll drown his sorrows in a cheeseburger instead and start planning for next year like the Bills are.  The AFC is going to be fun to watch in years to come!

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

glad Cincy won,  ngl tho,  kinda mad that our D Line didnt play like Cincys.       

rushing up field and letting Patty run around the entire game shouldnt have been the gameplan.    u watch Cincys D Line,   they rushed,   held contain,  didnt fly up the field taking themselves out of the play,   closed the pocket slowly,  waved alot of arms to disrupt Pattys  line of sight,  made him indecisive.   

thats how u stop running QBs.   make them find throws they arent comfortable with.   harass them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just finished watching the game a little behind real time.

Good for the Bengals!  They marched in there and did what we couldn't do, even after losing the toss in OT.

Better DL play, better coaching/adjustments in 2nd half, and a semi-off game for Mahomes all contibuted to the win IMO.  Of course the turnovers but that's part of Mahomes' down game.

It turned into a really good game and I enjoyed it; all I was asking for.

I just hope the next one is as good, and the SB is too.

Also, for me, the Bills loss in KC is now easier to take.

It wasn't meant to be our year.

agree somewhat, but also makes it worse.  Mahomes “down” game is largely due to Cincy D adjustments.  Something we are incapable of in game. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Good grief man, each season is different and a million things happen that can turn the tides.  I've been saying Cincy is legit too, but I'd put them, KC, and Buffalo in the top tier. 

Each has different strengths and could beat the other team 50% of the time on any given Sunday.  

Way too much being made of Cincy winning today, if you think it has any ramifications on next season.  These 3 teams will be battling out for many years, until another talented Qb team (ie Chargers) jump into the mix.

You’re right. I just overreacted because I live in Cincinnati and I’m dreading the next two weeks. It’s like everyone’s having a party and you’re not invited.

35 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Does people realize now Frazier cost us the Super Bowl.

Really, was not great, But how about our offense at Jacksonville or Texans or Steelers or Indy or Patriots first time. We will any of those games and we host KC and win. There is blame to go around on everyone. One screw up does not decide a season.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Just finished watching the game a little behind real time.

Good for the Bengals!  They marched in there and did what we couldn't do, even after losing the toss in OT.

Better DL play, better coaching/adjustments in 2nd half, and a semi-off game for Mahomes all contibuted to the win IMO.  Of course the turnovers but that's part of Mahomes' down game.

It turned into a really good game and I enjoyed it; all I was asking for.

I just hope the next one is as good, and the SB is too.

Also, for me, the Bills loss in KC is now easier to take.

It wasn't meant to be our year.

Honestly, just goes to show there's no such thing as a perfect path or a single year window or whatever.  Nothing is a given.  It's the playoffs, every game is a new and different opportunity, and anything can (and seemingly will) happen.  I believe we will continue to make the playoffs year in, year out with Josh, and we will eventually break through.  This year was our first as the "hunted", taking everyone's best punch.  Based on how we played down the stretch, I think we'll be better prepared to handle it next season.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Mahomes choked that away big time. His last 6 plays were terrible. It included a strip sack to make the FG way harder (maybe the only thing he couldn’t do there), a should have been pick, and an actual pick.

I guess his luck ran out…

That near pick needs to be pointed out.  I heard Jimmy Johnson saying no one should blame Mahomes because the OT interception was a tipped pass. Johnson failed to mention his previous pass should have been a game ending pick 6! 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.