AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs

Steptide

23 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

The result was perfect. I always root for the team that’s never won a Super Bowl. Mahomes looked terrible in the second half @Zerovoltz

Waiting for him to come in and lecture us on the majesty of Mahomes

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Maybe its a knee jerk reaction, but what this game showed me is that we need a new defensive coordinator. The Bengals ADJUSTED within

the game. 

There's a big pattern of the Bills having defensive meltdowns and losing in big moments.  McD always kinds of handwaves it away with "execution", as if the scheme and playcalling is above criticism. 

I think you're right but I also think it's not going to happen. I would love to see a much more aggressive approach to defense because we know that the offense is capable of always putting up a lot of points.  The prevent "bend don't break" style is for teams that win by dominating clock.  It's not who we are and I wish we could adjust. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Ugh the more I think about it the more this result frustrates me. We let the Chiefs offense do whatever they wanted all game long. The freaking Bengals gave them more trouble.

My exact thoughts as well Hap.  We played scared conservative ball the entire game on D. Our 2 all pro safeties 10-15 yards off the Ball all day were non existent. 

Glad the Bengals won, it will make the SB much better for me overall. 

Edited by Real McNasty

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Im sorry?  Where did you see Bengals safeties playing 40 yards back and the Bengals coverage unit nowhere near Kelce and Hill?

i am referring to the bulk of the game. I agree that both the scheme

and execution was not right in the 13 seconds.  But the overall defensive scheme that the Bills ran was the same as the bengals did today. Bengals just executed better and Mahomes executed at a much poorer level. 

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont know why someone of you bother watching football, it clearly makes you miserable.   So far I've read:

• Bills are screwed because the Bengals have Joe Burrow and Cap Space
  • The Bills defense is beyond repair is complete shambles. 
  • Drafting players doesn't work.  Only spending a ton on free agents does.
  • Bengals did this today with no high picks (Despite having the #1 overall draft pick at QB, the #5 overall pick at WR, and the #11 overall pick at Tackle)

Take a breath and come back to reality. 

So the Bills don't have a top rated QB, WR and T? Teams are similarly comprised

1 minute ago, Tulsabillsfanz said:

That near pick needs to be pointed out.  I heard Jimmy Johnson saying no one should blame Mahomes because the OT interception was a tipped pass. Johnson failed to mention his previous pass should have been a game ending pick 6! 

funny thing about that Pass Jimmy doesnt think is Pattys fault,   Patty still threw it into double coverage...

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Really, was not great, But how about our offense at Jacksonville or Texans or Steelers or Indy or Patriots first time. We will any of those games and we host KC and win. There is blame to go around on everyone. One screw up does not decide a season.

Yeah patriots ran for over 2 hundred yards against us.

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Just finished watching the game a little behind real time.

Good for the Bengals!  They marched in there and did what we couldn't do, even after losing the toss in OT.

Better DL play, better coaching/adjustments in 2nd half, and a semi-off game for Mahomes all contibuted to the win IMO.  Of course the turnovers but that's part of Mahomes' down game.

It turned into a really good game and I enjoyed it; all I was asking for.

I just hope the next one is as good, and the SB is too.

Also, for me, the Bills loss in KC is now easier to take.

It wasn't meant to be our year.

"it wasn't meant to be our year". That's all you got? Pretty lame. When will it be "Meant to be our year"? When we win? Why do you even watch the games if it's up to things like the stars being aligned, or having your lucky Bills mug in your hand. I guess the 4 Bills super bowl loses were just "Meant to be"? Bills lost last week because their coaching staff were like dears in the headlights when it mattered most. I guess maybe that was just "Meant to be" as well... Maybe you should just stick to bowling.    

• Dislike 1

Today also shows if the Bills had won last week, today would not have been an automatic W.  Bengals defense is not much, but it was good today for a 1/2 plus.  Whether it was their D or KC hitting a wall after last week's game, who knows for sure.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

Yeah patriots ran for over 2 hundred yards against us.

And only scored 14 points, Daboll screwed us with not allowing Allen, the best player on the field throw the ball and when he did we almost won. I am very happy he is gone, promote Dorsey and let’s go.

Edited by Flucod

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Waiting for him to come in and lecture us on the majesty of Mahomes

He is a complete troll. I went into the Josh Allen draft reaction thread. @Zerovoltzwas on the first page laughing about the pick. 
Mahomes played like hot garbage in the second half and Reid went back to looking like the choke artist who lost in Philly all those years. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Maybe its a knee jerk reaction, but what this game showed me is that we need a new defensive coordinator. The Bengals ADJUSTED within

the game. 

Their D line certainly started getting home in the second half!  In the first, they had a few moments like ours, I was thinking "Not this slippery Mahomes stuff again...".  Is that scheme or effort?  Regardless it worked. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.