AFCCG - Bengals @ Chiefs

Steptide

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah scheme wasn't the problem last week until the final 13 seconds. The problem was no one on defense made an exceptional play. It's telling that former bust Eli Apple made more plays in this game than both of our CBs combined.

I agree. If you can have a successful formula for a road playoff win it would probably include a. Withstand the initial onslaught by the home team b. Score TDs in the red zone c. Make 2 or 3 game big plays on defense . The Bills failed to make any big impact plays on defense. They may have escaped the OT and tactical blunders if they made one in OT . The Bengals did and they moved on. Same scenario ( tie game, lost toss) and they stepped up. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Allen balled out and gave it up for a win, along with Davis and Motor. But on defense no one played like it was their only time to win. Effort was lacking, if Tre played, who knows.

The defense doesn't have "that" leader.  Poyer and Hyde are sort of that, but that's more for their positional group.

It was supposed to be Edmunds but he really hasn't stepped into that role very vocally.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Hutchinson was the difference today, big motor and was in shape to pursue for 5 quarters. He gave 💯, did you see him on the sideline puking due to effort. We NEED that guy. We don’t have it, Klein is the closest but lacks a ton of speed.

A younger Epenesa chasing Mahomes may have made a difference. Instead the defensive line rotation had 30 year old Mario Addison chasing him

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Flucod said:

Allen balled out and gave it up for a win, along with Davis and Motor. But on defense no one played like it was their only time to win. Effort was lacking, if Tre played, who knows.

End of the day the defence has no leader,  that needs to change if we expect to have playoff success.  Fans need to drop the Milano love feast,  average-good player but offers nothing in big games

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Hallelujah!! Or the defensive minded HC could've taken the reins the final 13 seconds

The knife enters deeper!! 

my stone cold reaction was because I considered that Taunting right? **** That. anyone who has the nerve to mess with  buffalo after Our appearance in KC

can kiss my *** football gods little g are an abomination.

Edited by muppy

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Everyone saying how kc choked in the 2nd half (and they did) but it's not terribly uncommon for a team to lose after a game like bills/kc last week. 

Kansas City choked, but credit to the Bengals for capitalizing on the opportunity.  The Rams CHOKED last week, but the Buccaneers still lost.  Burrow is mentally tough.  Stafford and Jimmy are soft.  Think Cincy gets it done.

• Haha (+1) 1

Amazing how some fans did not want Beane to make any trade deadline moves,  WE'RE GOOD they kept saying.  I thought getting Von Miller would have put this team over the top and we most likely win the game against Bucs and playing KC at home.  The defence showed what they were about in our first game of the season against a slow & old Big Ben

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

Kansas City choked, but credit to the Bengals for capitalizing on the opportunity.  The Rams CHOKED last week, but the Buccaneers still lost.  Burrow is mentally tough.  Stafford and Jimmy are soft.  Think Cincy gets it done.

I didnt give them a zip of credit. After the comeback I was like "muppy dont change your schtick" its working ......its the anti Jinx

lol

Edited by muppy

Today's outcome should put more pressure on McD & Frazier's defensive design and in game execution.  Never again are they allowed to squander the elite playoff QB play that Allen was delivering. McD gets a pass because he helped turn this team around but IMO he doesn't get a 2nd screw up. Cincinnati today exposed how bad the Bills game plan & execution were on defense last week.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Billl said:

I think they got cocky not taking FG at half. SuperRat thought he was unstoppable

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.