Gabriel Davis on GMFB

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Drafting Gabe was an extremely big hit for Beane and his team.

I hope like hell that they find another Day 3 WR in this year's draft!

Or how about this?  A round 1 WR!!!!  It can happen…we really can draft more than defense in the first you know…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Drafting Gabe was an extremely big hit for Beane and his team.

I hope like hell that they find another Day 3 WR in this year's draft!

They still have Stevenson in the pipeline who flashed in the preseason, who knows what they have in him. Beane has definitely hit on some value picks that have made a difference over the last couple years.  Regardless of whether Mc Jauron ever gets over the hump, I'm fairly confident we atleast have the right guy in the front office.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Or how about this?  A round 1 WR!!!!  It can happen…we really can draft more than defense in the first you know…

Because that's what everyone thought as the Bills gave up a tying FG with 13 seconds left on the clock or let Mahomes drive the field for the win in OT.

"If only we had a better receiver!"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

7 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

It’s a really deep draft and not top heavy … the mid rounds are going to be gold this year plus it’s beane’s specialty 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Because that's what everyone thought as the Bills gave up a tying FG with 13 seconds left on the clock or let Mahomes drive the field for the win in OT.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve the defense. That certainly plays into McD's proclivities and our draft history. Nonetheless, coaching mistakes have occupied the majority of posts on 13 seconds. Best way to counter KC is to match them with playmakers on offense. We need to add a top end explosive WR to stress the opponents D even more and take some of the burden off of Allen.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve the defense. That certainly plays into McD's proclivities and our draft history. Nonetheless, coaching mistakes have occupied the majority of posts on 13 seconds. Best way to counter KC is to match them with playmakers on offense. We need to add a top end explosive WR to stress the opponents D even more and take some of the burden off of Allen.

When did we not score Sunday because of our lack of receiving talent?

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Gonna lose sanders and most likely Beasley and McKenzie. If you think WR isn’t gonna be a need then I don’t know what to tell you. We need speed.  That’s what this group lacks. The problem in the last 13 seconds wasn’t personnel…it was coaching. 

Speed on both sides of the ball. There was no defensive scheme or call to make up for the difference in what tyreek hill could do and our defenders, as athletic, skilled and smart as they are. 

• Like (+1) 3

When did we not score yesterday because of our lack of receiving talent?

Are you serious?  Read his post. We need to make sure Allen has enough weapons and protection that he can sustain this kind of excellence. If you think we need to run it back on offense and blow everything on defense I don’t know what to tell you. Heck, we tried running it back with the same line as last year and look what happened. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a really deep draft and not top heavy … the mid rounds are going to be gold this year plus it’s beane’s specialty 

Let's hope somebody buys whatever Leslie is selling this year, and Bills get those two extra 3rds, that could be a real difference maker in a class like this.  You are right in that Beane has done some solid work in those mid rounds aside from Cody Ford (late 2nd), but pobody's nerfect, and after all he's more than made up for it by landing Spencer Brown.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's exactly what it was. They had 3 plays to get one stop and failed. It's not like the coaches called a punt block formation. They failed to make a single stop.

Wow…I don’t know how anyone is going to reason with you. You did see the defense that was called right?  The dbs and safeties played way back acting like we had a 4 point lead. That’s coaching, man. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Let's hope somebody buys whatever Leslie is selling this year, and Bills get those two extra 3rds, that could be a real difference maker in a class like this.  You are right in that Beane has done some solid work in those mid rounds aside from Cody Ford, but pobody's nerfect, and after all he's more than made up for it by landing Spencer Brown.

I was becoming skeptical Frazier would get hired but there are 9 (!!) HC openings. Gotta happen, right?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Are you serious?  Read his post. We need to make sure Allen has enough weapons and protection that he can sustain this kind of excellence. If you think we need to run it back on offense and blow everything on defense I don’t know what to tell you. Heck, we tried running it back with the same line as last year and look what happened. 

This weird cult of people calling for more offensive firepower after two of the best offensive displays in history are fit for a straight jacket. Of course, if we start the year with only 2 WRs on the roster we will need to get more, but it was not a need this year at all. We could have had Jerry Rice in his prime int he slot and we still lose.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

What in the Sam Hill does my comment about a huge hit in the 4th round have anything to do about this year's 1st round pick?

I won't take the bait so you can continue on with your opinions.

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

What in the Sam Hill does my comment about a huge hit in the 4th round have anything to do about this year's 1st round pick?

I won't take the bait so you can continue on with your opinions.

Ok

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This weird cult of people calling for more offensive firepower after two of the best offensive displays in history are fit for a straight jacket. Of course, if we start the year with only 2 WRs on the roster we will need to get more, but it was not a need this year at all. We could have had Jerry Rice in his prime int he slot and we still lose.

Honestly…there is no reasoning with you if you feel this way.  We are entitled to our opinions. 

• Eyeroll 1

Davis is terrific, and has been pretty much from the get go.

Coaches and players all raved about how well he understood the playbook, probably from the start of his first full TC.

Davis and Diggs are both plenty quick enough as WRs, and both are really good players.

We have no need for another #1 WR atm. 

Will we have a need for a #3 or #4 WR? - Possibly.

If we have a need for extra speed on Offense, it's in the shape of a RB, preferably with some size, and good hands.

We do need more speed on D, but we also need a true disruptive DE. Groot can still develop into that guy, imho, but we do need another.

Another #1 WR would be a wasted pick. What we need more is better O-Line play on offense, because with extra time, Josh will find someone open, and he can sling that rock just about anywhere on the football field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

You're belligerent and like to mock folks who disagree with you. You've done this before. Josh Allen took a pounding to achieve the Bills' excellence on offense. Mahomes has an easier job because Hill and Kelce are playmakers of superior ability that constantly stress a defense. The Bills do not have that kind of firepower, though they have good players. They need to add someone that can stress a D on offense. That is the argument and it's not foolish, even if you think otherwise. @BADOLBILZ has made the case for spending high end draft picks on offense well. Go search his posts and try to think outside your rage.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buddo said:

Davis is terrific, and has been pretty much from the get go.

Coaches and players all raved about how well he understood the playbook, probably from the start of his first full TC.

Davis and Diggs are both plenty quick enough as WRs, and both are really good players.

We have no need for another #1 WR atm. 

Will we have a need for a #3 or #4 WR? - Possibly.

If we have a need for extra speed on Offense, it's in the shape of a RB, preferably with some size, and good hands.

We do need more speed on D, but we also need a true disruptive DE. Groot can still develop into that guy, imho, but we do need another.

Another #1 WR would be a wasted pick. What we need more is better O-Line play on offense, because with extra time, Josh will find someone open, and he can sling that rock just about anywhere on the football field.

You’re missing the point like the rest of these guys. The issue is YAC. When was the last time you saw a Bills player run away from the defense and take it to the house?  We do need speedy weapon in the receiving game IMO. It would add a new threat to this offense. 

• Agree 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

You’re missing the point like the rest of these guys. The issue is YAC. When was the last time you saw a Bills player run away from the defense and take it to the house?  We do need speedy weapon in the receiving game IMO. It would add a new threat to this offense. 

And I like Buddo. One of my favorite posters, but wrong here I think.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I was becoming skeptical Frazier would get hired but there are 9 (!!) HC openings. Gotta happen, right?

I mean, if there ever was a time, it's gotta be now... I really think Daboll goes to New Jersey, and Frazier ends up with Da Bears.  

Daboll brings Mitch to compete for the starting job.

Both coaches remember where they came from and send us Mack and Barkley (who agrees to restructure bc he's not worth that #2 overall $$$).

Those two thirds would also make it much easier to deal that late first for an immediate impact veteran like Mack on defense.

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

22 years old. More TD catches in a playoff game than any other WR in nfl history. There are like 18 guys tied with 3. And they said he couldn’t run a whole route tree. 4th rd pick. Either Beane or chad hall is a genius, or both. 

you know what Yolo......Gabe Davis is who we thought we were drafting when they picked Zay Jones. Agree? Disagree?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

I think this offense is a bit misleading. While I really like Diggs, the other guys are JAGs. Allen is basically the entire offense. That isnt sustainable. To think otherwise is just being foolish and stubborn. We need to upgrade the OL, slot receiver, and RB IMO. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, whorlnut said:

Pretty sure it was last Sunday when Davis out ran his guy and kept going. So not so long ago really.

Fwiw, perhaps you didn't read the whole of my post, where I did mention a RB with speed and good hands being the area on offense where 'speed' is most desirable.

Also, I'd rather be sure Allen has time behind a consistent O-Line, because as I explained above, if he gets time, he will find a way to kill you.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

You're belligerent and like to mock folks who disagree with you. You've done this before. Josh Allen took a pounding to achieve the Bills' excellence on offense. Mahomes has an easier job because Hill and Kelce are playmakers of superior ability that constantly stress a defense. The Bills do not have that kind of firepower, though they have good players. They need to add someone that can stress a D on offense. That is the argument and it's not foolish, even if you think otherwise. @BADOLBILZ has made the case for spending high end draft picks on offense well. Go search his posts and try to think outside your rage.

They do need to add speed on both sides of the ball. However, IMO, the path to titles in Buffalo runs through Allen and the offense, the same as it does for  KC with Mahomes and their offense. You continue to add more speed and talent at the skill positions around Allen and more talent on the offensive line in front of him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buddo said:

Pretty sure it was last Sunday when Davis out ran his guy and kept going. So not so long ago really.

Fwiw, perhaps you didn't read the whole of my post, where I did mention a RB with speed and good hands being the area on offense where 'speed' is most desirable.

Also, I'd rather be sure Allen has time behind a consistent O-Line, because as I explained above, if he gets time, he will find a way to kill you.

I knew someone was gonna bring that up. He didn’t have far to go after the catch to reach the end zone. Not what I’m talking about. I’m talking about a dump off or run that goes the distance. Nice try. 

That said…yes I did read your post and I mostly agree. We do need an upgrade at RB. Yes, Singletary finished strong, but his limitations are evident. 

Finally…I also agree with the OL. I’m ok with the tackles, but go get some dawgs to play guard. Allen can feast when he has time to throw. 

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think this offense is a bit misleading. While I really like Diggs, the other guys are JAGs. Allen is basically the entire offense. That isnt sustainable. To think otherwise is just being foolish and stubborn. We need to upgrade the OL, slot receiver, and RB IMO. 

OK now we get to my original point.  I disagree that Gabriel Davis is a JAG.

IMO he is a stud and could in every way be another Diggs (who was selected a round later than Davis).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

OK now we get to my original point.  I disagree that Gabriel Davis is a JAG.

IMO he is a stud and could in every way be another Diggs (who was selected a round later than Davis).

Yeah, Davis is not JAG. I still think adding a player like Jameson Williams an excellent idea.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.