Positive yet realistic thread.

RyanC883

Ok, offseason time.  Not going to talk about one game.  Here is what I have seen this year: 

1.  We have a STUD QB.  Allen backed up one great year with another.  He balled out at the biggest times in the playoffs.  

2.  We severely lack on OL, DL, and RB.  Motor is great, but we run Josh too much for a reason.  We need a true no. 1 back like Mixon, or at least someone who can rotate with motor (similar to what KC does)  

3.  our recent draft picks have not been BPA, but reaching for DL to stop KC.  Oops, didn't work.  

4.  We have added some impactful FA's (notably Diggs, Sanders, Beasley).  

So, what should we do.  I think we trade 1st picks for impactful players on rebuilding teams.  My dream (unlikely) is to get Watt from the Steelers with 3 first round picks.  More realistic is to get perhaps a vet OL or DL, or LB in FA.  I don't think we can keep Edmunds, someone will overpay for his "potential."  (can we still trade him?)

We have the hard part (elite QB).  How do we solve the rest (notably, OL, RB, and front 7).  ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Steelers can't trade Watt.  WAY too much dead money for them to eat.

But yeah, I still had some minor turnover doubts about Allen to start the year, but congrats, you got a top tier QB from here on out.  Dude has had the physical ability the entire time, but he developed more than I ever thought he could.

Our drafting has been bad.

The DL and OL need to be reconstructed.

As long as Allen is here and young enough to play his type of game, we'll be close to the target.

Will we ever hit the bullseye?  Is coaching good enough for that?  

That's the relevant question.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Man with No Name said:

the hardest part is not our needs. 

it is that KC is not going anywhere.  

we matched every move they had tonight, but they got the ball last. 

hopefully hill ages out of being the most dangerous non-quarterback player on the field very soon. he is the biggest difference maker, imo

Their TE is older than Gronk.

I’m looking at hunter and Mack and seeing what that price tag is…. Either would be game changers for this defense 

KC has three legit pass rushers, we have one in Oliver… it’s not good enough, also we need some speed in the secondary, god are we slow

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Ok, offseason time.  Not going to talk about one game.  Here is what I have seen this year: 

1.  We have a STUD QB.  Allen backed up one great year with another.  He balled out at the biggest times in the playoffs.  

2.  We severely lack on OL, DL, and RB.  Motor is great, but we run Josh too much for a reason.  We need a true no. 1 back like Mixon, or at least someone who can rotate with motor (similar to what KC does)  

3.  our recent draft picks have not been BPA, but reaching for DL to stop KC.  Oops, didn't work.  

So, what should we do.  I think we trade 1st picks for impactful players on rebuilding teams.  My dream (unlikely) is to get Watt from the Steelers with 3 first round picks.  More realistic is to get perhaps a vet OL or DL, or LB in FA.  I don't think we can keep Edmunds, someone will overpay for his "potential."  (can we still trade him?)

We have the hard part (elite QB).  How do we solve the rest (notably, OL, RB, and front 7).  ?

OL played very well once Bates started playing...could they be better? Yeah, but they were really good the last 5 or 6 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We have a tier 1 QB and a good team around him.  Our super bowl window is open for a while.

Tonight featured one team that was willing to put the game in the hands of their QB and one team who wasn't.  We were the team that didn't trust its QB, and we lost as a direct result of that.  I don't understand why you draft this guy and extend him and then don't let him play for a full half of football.  It's mind-boggling.

Just now, Big Turk said:

OL played very well once Bates started playing...could they be better? Yeah, but they were really good the last 5 or 6 games.

agreed, OL was better when Bates was playing.  But they are not elite, and we are like 1 injury away from total disaster.  I'd even take a center in Rd. 1 if he is BPA (I can't recall who, but there is some college center projected in Rd. 1).  I also like the idea of adding Shrieff or another type OL 

8 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Need CB as well. Teams like Chiefs eat our CB alive besides White.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Kelly didn't get to the SB until he was almost 31.

Peyton Manning lost 6 times in the playoffs before he broke through.

We're taking some lumps. Some BIG lumps.  But unless they ruin you, they only make you stronger.  I have faith in Beane - I think he'll approach this offseason w/ a desperation that we haven't seen yet.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

our offense seems good enough right now. they are not the reason we lost. defense has the issue where we can shut teams down but give up a lot of really big plays. im not sure what the biggest culprit is there. 

hard to be mad at them for what the chiefs did. they have done it to everybody for 4 years. but they are not the only ones to do it to us. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

agreed, OL was better when Bates was playing.  But they are not elite, and we are like 1 injury away from total disaster.  I'd even take a center in Rd. 1 if he is BPA (I can't recall who, but there is some college center projected in Rd. 1).  I also like the idea of adding Shrieff or another type OL 

Tyler linderbaum

To me the biggest needs are cornerback, pass rusher and linebacker. I would love to also upgrade at center and guard. I don’t know if they can do all that in one off season with limited cap space. It’ll be tough. 

Edited by Billznut

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.