Positive yet realistic thread.

RyanC883

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Just let us mourn for 1 day...

There is not always an upside

i totally agree there is not always an upside.  I mean, this could turn into a 90's Marino situation.  That would suck.  

But, on the other hand, we could add a few players and this could turn into (I don't have a football analogy) but something awesome.  Washington Capitals finally winning with Ovechkin?  (as a Pens fan I hate to use that analogy, and I'd like to win more than once).  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why even bring up the idea of trading Watt when he just signed his extension and it would result in a $72 million dollar dead cap hit to the Steelers?

i don't know, why not?  

depends on if the Steelers are in rebuild mode.  The Steelers are another team, if Rodgers is there, another challenge.  Hopefully Rodgers stays in GB, which fails to put a winning team around him.  

1 minute ago, BruceVilanch said:

We absolutely need a game wrecker on D. Ed could get there next year, but we need someone dudes have to gamelan for.

yep, I think the best way is FA.  I could only think of Watt,  but there might be FA's available.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

i don't know, why not?  

depends on if the Steelers are in rebuild mode.  The Steelers are another team, if Rodgers is there, another challenge.  Hopefully Rodgers stays in GB, which fails to put a winning team around him.  

If they are in rebuild mode, why would you put yourself in the hole an additional $72 million???  Do you think rebuild means putting putting yourself in salary cap hell??

10 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

our offense seems good enough right now. they are not the reason we lost. defense has the issue where we can shut teams down but give up a lot of really big plays. im not sure what the biggest culprit is there. 

hard to be mad at them for what the chiefs did. they have done it to everybody for 4 years. but they are not the only ones to do it to us. 

The reason we lost actually was because we didn't squib kick it to run a few seconds off the clock and then all we needed to do was tackled every eligible Chief receiver on the first paly...we get a 5 yard penalty but at least 4 or 5 seconds runs off the clock...gives Mahomes 1 play from his 30ish yard line. How could we screw something so easy up so bad?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The reason we lost actually was because we didn't squib kick it to run a few seconds off the clock and then all we needed to do was tackled every eligible Chief receiver on the first paly...we get a 5 yard penalty but at least 4 or 5 seconds runs off the clock...gives Mahomes 1 play from his 30ish yard line. How could we screw something so easy up so bad?

i agree with this. im just commenting on how to improve personnel wise moving forward. 

5 minutes ago, Success said:

Kelly didn't get to the SB until he was almost 31.

Peyton Manning lost 6 times in the playoffs before he broke through.

We're taking some lumps. Some BIG lumps.  But unless they ruin you, they only make you stronger.  I have faith in Beane - I think he'll approach this offseason w/ a desperation that we haven't seen yet.  

I agree with this, but with one difference: Josh Allen played both playoff games at a Super Bowl MVP level. It took horrible defense to lose this game.  Beane does need to make some big offseason moves. 

I do find encouragement knowing that Mahomes played one of his best games ever & only incredibly horrific D by Buffalo in the last 13 seconds & just as importantly KC winning the coin toss, kept Mahomes from losing.  Let’s not blow easy games next season and play them at Buffalo next January.

Anyone objectively watching games today knows the 2 best teams in the NFL played in KC tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, cle23 said:

Steelers can't trade Watt.  WAY too much dead money for them to eat.

But yeah, I still had some minor turnover doubts about Allen to start the year, but congrats, you got a top tier QB from here on out.  Dude has had the physical ability the entire time, but he developed more than I ever thought he could.

Its $72 million and the OP still doesn’t understand.

• Agree 1

We need an impact pass rusher, not a bunch of mediocre guys. When Addison is leading the team in sacks that’s a problem. 

Now is the time to part with a high pick for an impact player on D. Someone like Khalil Mack.

Draft some speed for our secondary. Center and guard in the middle rounds 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

I’m looking at hunter and Mack and seeing what that price tag is…. Either would be game changers for this defense 

KC has three legit pass rushers, we have one in Oliver… it’s not good enough, also we need some speed in the secondary, god are we slow

Yes, they lack speed on defense.  My fellow old timers should remember the Redskins Darrell Green.  He ran like a 4.2 40.  
Even if he was on the other side of the field, he’d run down ball carriers and prevent TDs.  Sure, Tyreke Hill is unique but we had several big plays against this defense where other ball carriers outran our defenders to the end zone.  I love our safeties but they aren’t fast enough (Hyde’s INT last week an exception).  

10 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

i don't know, why not?  

yep, I think the best way is FA.  I could only think of Watt,  but there might be FA's available.  

No team is going to tie up 30% of their cap on a player they don't even have.  And I doubt the Steelers are going full rebuild after they snuck into the playoffs.  They need a QB and they'll at least be competative.

3 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yes, they lack speed on defense.  My fellow old timers should remember the Redskins Darrell Green.  He ran like a 4.2 40.  
Even if he was on the other side of the field, he’d run down ball carriers and prevent TDs.  Sure, Tyreke Hill is unique but we had several big plays against this defense where other ball carriers outran our defenders to the end zone.  I love our safeties but they aren’t fast enough (Hyde’s INT last week an exception).  

Ha too funny our whining all pro S ‘s were not good… but sqib and we win 

19 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Why even bring up the idea of trading Watt when he just signed his extension and it would result in a $72 million dollar dead cap hit to the Steelers?

Because he turned dead cap off in his Madden game.

I love reading how after 5 years of this regime we severely lack at like 5 positions.  

We are here because someone in that war room said "Josh Allen."

I'm done defending all of them.  I've been the biggest McD supporter since week 5 of 2017.  I lived thru all the SB heartbreak, the drought, and the Ryan's.

We deserve better then this.  We have a f...ing unicorn at QB and somehow have to fill 10 positions.  

Joke.  Absolute joke.  

Edited by Big Blitz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.