1st Half Thread - Bills @ Chiefs 2022 Divisional Round Playoffs

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, BRH said:

what are you even talking about

We held them to 14 in the first half. That’s not terrible. The Chiefs aren’t clicking on all cylinders imo, and I find that reason for hope. I’m not sure why people expected us to shut them out, it’s not Mac Jones. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Billsfanatic8989 said:

What about double teaming Hill and have a safety blanket Kelce?

We are playing zone.  It's not so much about double teaming as much as recognizing who's in your area and not letting guys run free.  Two safeties over the top almost every play so underneath coverage needs to not let anyone run free.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Ok but throwing 1 yard passes to Knox and Gilliam isn’t exactly scrambling the Chiefs’ game plan.

You need to get the chiefs to try to cover all the leaks, sooner or later they will forget about one and that will end up sinking their ship 

Ok but throwing 1 yard passes to Knox and Gilliam isn’t exactly scrambling the Chiefs’ game plan.

Our dink n dunk plays other than to motor have been useless.  o patterns upfield esp middle.  roll our josh with pass options

• Agree 1

Just now, ngbills said:

On tv seems like quite a few OL holds. The hit on Beas seemed obvious 

Tough to call a penalty on one guy when both guys drop their heads.

It was definitely a dangerous play, though.

Need to attack the middle of the field just like they just did. Sorensen sucks. Quick passes at all levels in the middle.

• Agree 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I said we'd need 30 + to win.

KC is on pace for 28 so this is about right I guess.

Yeah that’s all my point was that some people didn’t get. I know it’s funny to say the Chiefs aren’t dominating, but trust me, it can be far worse against these guys. We limited the big plays, and that’s huge. We need to score points, it’s simple as that. 

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

And I am saying kc wants us to get impatient and start flinging the ball all over the place into their soft cover 2 shell.  Trying to hit big chunk plays is what will play right into their hands.  Gotta clear out the safeties in the middle of the field to make plays there or underneath throws/runs.  They are literally baiting josh into what you are hoping we do 

Josh is playing excellent. Using his legs, arm, and brain. He really can't play any better. The same goes for Mahomes. It's really something to see as a football fan. But I'm a Bills fan and this is fun, exciting, nail biting, nervous, etc...all wrapped up in one. A Bills win will be orgasmic...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, RJK said:

I wonder if they can recapture some of that fire from the pats game... They’re the counter puncher right now and need to get aggressive on D 

That game was at home. Against a bad team. Rookie QB.

We are on the road against the best QB in football. Loudest stadium.

We were never going to recapture that fire from Pats game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Good half. Soft holding call. Bills D will make a play, they are due.

Chiefs get the ball to start the second half.

That was a soft holding call, and someone on defense has to make a play this is why we drafted all those Dends but there just not helping much. 

• Like (+1) 1