Bills cut squats from their workouts during the season

JPL7

Yeah I mean it's a great strength exercise but fatigue throughout your legs while you're using every muscle to move in every direction, is going to put serious strain on the ligaments/tendons responsible for stabilizing that motion.

For instance- treatment for most tendonitis is to strengthen the muscle parallel to the ligament.  (I.e. for tennis elbow, you strengthen the forearms; for runner's knee you strengthen the hamstrings; for Achilles issues you strengthen the calves).

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I've been saying for YEARS that NFL players are way over-pumped and tight--and that they need to focus less on weight lifting in general and more on stretching and flexibility.

Sounds like we (among others) have caught onto this idea and it's helping.

Look at how many guys injure themselves during non-contact!  That's crazy and it shouldn't happen.

But they are all so "tight"....

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Who likes squats?!

Ugh they suck.  Every time I get my leg routine … press, extension, curl, deadlift, and calf’s … sure KEEP THEM.

but squats I just Axe.

maybe do a few Hack Squats…but no more.

good on them 😊.

squats were always my favs....7 sets...   until i tweaked my knee doing other things...  never hurt myself doing heavy squats though.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

43 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Squats are the worst weightlifting exercise for your body in terms of long term side effects.

Squats with bad form are definitely bad.

Squats with proper form are excellent for long term health, just don't be a fool and think you can squat heavy long term.

Medium intensity Squats done with good form are all that average people need. I get why athletes push the weight as it improves their explosiveness, only surpassed by power cleans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Well, I wonder about this article.   

First, how many other teams don't do squats during the season?   

Second, maybe a little research would help.  He says the Bills don't have any injured starters.  They just have injured bench players, like White and Feliciano.  Okay, maybe Feliciano is back. 

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Well, I wonder about this article.   

First, how many other teams don't do squats during the season?   

Second, maybe a little research would help.  He says the Bills don't have any injured starters.  They just have injured bench players, like White and Feliciano.  Okay, maybe Feliciano is back. 

Did White do squats?  Ever?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.