1/23/22 Week 20 Divisional Playoffs Bills @ Chiefs PREGAME THREAD

Chandler#81

24 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I might feel a wee bit uncomfortable if the first 3 road teams win prior to Bills game.  It’s gotta be rare that no home teams win on Divisional weekend?  Make me feel better about this.  (although Bucs game still has a long way to go).

This thought just crossed my mind while watching the Bucs/Rams game...thinking if all 3 games so far go to the road team, it makes me more nervous for some reason.  I mean its not a RULE that home teams have to win...but I would think based on history home teams usually win in the playoffs more often than not.  

But using reason over feelings...it doesn't matter what happens in the other games this weekend...it has zero bearing on the Bills game.  If all games were close, doesn't mean tonight's will be (or vice versa with blowouts).  It's all about the Bills and the Chiefs.

These are all the things I'm telling myself anyway :)

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This thought just crossed my mind while watching the Bucs/Rams game...thinking if all 3 games so far go to the road team, it makes me more nervous for some reason.  I mean its not a RULE that home teams have to win...but I would think based on history home teams usually win in the playoffs more often than not.  

But using reason over feelings...it doesn't matter what happens in the other games this weekend...it has zero bearing on the Bills game.  If all games were close, doesn't mean tonight's will be (or vice versa with blowouts).  It's all about the Bills and the Chiefs.

These are all the things I'm telling myself anyway :)

I just tell myself that when the 2 teams are knocking heads later, they won’t be thinking about any other results this weekend.  But it leaves a weird feeling as a fan knowing one home team *usually* wins.  Just hope Josh comes out loose and composed.  Go Bills!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.