Our OL , Run & Pass Games are playing phenomenal. KC is Easy Work

JerseyBills

5 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't have links , videos or stats to support this rant but I have 2 eyes and an intelligent mind focusing on the Buffalo Bills in my corner. 

I went back and looked at condensed versions of each game from our 5 game win streak 

There were many constants- the DL pressure and run D.

Edmunds,Milano and occasionally Klein consistently imposing their will 

And a secondary that is by far the best one left in the playoffs.

Even while missing a 1st team All Pro CB, our 2 All pro safeties allow us to dictate the play and fool offenses all night. 

Can't forget Levi. It's like Tre shot some Special powers into the UDFA rookie , veteran, that we molded into a # 1 DB!

Our D is NASTY

But the real revelation and surprising constant in this 5 gm win streak has been the OL and run game...

The OL is playing super high level football. 

Adding Bates and Brown and throwing Williams inside has shown remarkable results while passing and running.

Has upgraded Dawkins and Morse play as well.

The combination of a great OL and Motor consistently handling the rock with positive results has been a revelation for our O!

With the level this pass O is playing at, I just feel we have a much more talented roster from top to bottom, number 1 - 48.

I respect the heck out of KC but I without a doubt see Buf continuing the winning by double digit streak,fairly easily. We just have great coaching and more talent,simple as that!

KC just isn't as talented as we are top to bottom!

Go Bills!

Confidence is a hell of a drug !

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

Did people miss the Jets game where the offense struggled against the worst defense in the league for much of the game? 

The Bills offense was vanilla-flavored vanilla against the Jets and Falcons.  Daboll wasn't showing anything he didn't have to, and frankly it didn't look like the Bills were concentrating all that hard.  They knew they could win comfortably, and that's exactly what they did.  

A lot of secrets kept under wraps were unwrapped against NE.  I hope Daboll has more of them ready for delivery.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Malazan said:

Did people miss the Jets game where the offense struggled against the worst defense in the league for much of the game? 

The players are human, there will always be good and bad days.  That's just life.  It matters how they've responded.  Some teams will start to press and lose some trust,  early JK Bills had a lull as they started bickering amongst all their egos.

Current Bills are just well synchronized so I guess makes it feel like they are automatons not people.   The hiccups in the games we lost are just part of the synchronization that was needed to make this team Championship Caliber.  And it's looking very likely to be built for long term success so now and then a little tinkering is done when parts are replaced or new plays are added to have multiple wrinkles.  Big part of JK Bills was they could line up in a formation and it could be run or pass and both were equally effective so when they added no huddle that kept defenses off balance. Easier to knock over opponents when you keep them off balance.

This team just seems to know when to really get everything going in the same direction.  They don't give up because the guys all around them aren't giving up so thats very tough for opposing teams to stop.  They really are playing complementary football.  Offense and defense  and also they are multiple in  threats passing and running.  Passes go to both WRs and TEs.   Running can be RB or JA who's got some serious running skills and he  doesn't shy away from contact but is very aware of when its time to slide or get out of bounds.  When everything works they really stress the opponents defense until it cracks and lately they be cracking early and often.  Our offense gives our defense plenty of rest on top of their rotation that keeps them fresh and then that makes the opponents more 1 dimensional.  I'm still expecting we are gonna see a few new plays as we move on thru the playoffs.  I'm even expecting that the Bills are gonna make it look relatively easy more often than not but now and then they might have a bad day, but these guys support each other so most lil miscues don't become factors.

I can take the regular season hiccups since they seem to have eliminated many.  Right now all that matters is the game to be played and luckily the team isn't looking at past mistakes beyond knowing how to avoid repeating them. If you wanna dwell on the losses why not just start with the first game of the drought era  it'll give you plenty to worry about and occupy your time for close to a year if you just watch 1 game a day till Joshs' first game.  Just in time to catch next year's playoffs when its time for the Bills to defend their title and starting a parallel legacy as the 90s Bills but I'm expecting 4 wins and then continued success.   

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Malazan said:

The struggled against wind and rain in the 2-3 quarters and scored 27 in the other 2.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

I don't have links , videos or stats to support this rant but I have 2 eyes and an intelligent mind focusing on the Buffalo Bills in my corner. 

I went back and looked at condensed versions of each game from our 5 game win streak 

Even while missing a 1st team All Pro CB, our 2 All pro safeties allow us to dictate the play and fool offenses all night. 

Can't forget Levi. It's like Tre shot some Special powers into the UDFA rookie , veteran, that we molded into a # 1 DB!

Our D is NASTY

But the real revelation and surprising constant in this 5 gm win streak has been the OL and run game...

Adding Bates and Brown and throwing Williams inside has shown remarkable results while passing and running.

The combination of a great OL and Motor consistently handling the rock with positive results has been a revelation for our O!

With the level this pass O is playing at, I just feel we have a much more talented roster from top to bottom, number 1 - 48.

I respect the heck out of KC but I without a doubt see Buf continuing the winning by double digit streak,fairly easily. We just have great coaching and more talent,simple as that!

Go Bills!

Kc D is number 1 in points against since mid season.   They have a D as good as ours. 

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Our D is NASTY

Go Bills!

Excellent read about our game plan for week 5 against KC.  Long read, but quality information there.  Notably it looks like the same basic plan as we employed against NE last weekend.  KC has a great offense too.  Their defense has some players on it, but also has flaws.  The coaching chess match will be fascinating.  Should be some scoring in this one.  LFG!

https://readoptional.substack.com/p/bills-josh-allen-daboll-offense-scheme

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I will say I'm not anywhere close to as "intimidated"(I guess that's right word) for this game as I was AFCCG. Instead of feeling like we probably will lose from last year, it's much more of we may win this thing

this is where i'm at as well.  last year i really didn't think the bills had much of a chance, so the loss was, "expected".  this year doesn't have that feel.  not saying the bills can botch the entire thing, but it certainly seems like this team is just more battle tested at this point, and the win doesn't seem nearly as elusive.  

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Our D is NASTY

Go Bills!

We are indeed playing really well.

So are they.

Crazy how in football momentum can totally change from game to game, but the OL and most players are peaking just at the right time. The stars are still performing at their best while many others have raised their games. It's no guarantee as again momentum changes game to game but wow is it a confidence booster. All remaining teams can win the Superbowl, they really can, but the Bills are among the favorites. Still, that's 7 teams to oust, 3 tough games to win.

• Dislike 1

21 hours ago, Doc said:

Sandbagging.

I hope so. I mean 13 targets for Davis who just so happened to be close to a bonus for receptions seems awfully suspect, but it's not like they were clicking in Atlanta either. 

I'm not saying I think the offense is gonna go back to it's "off-kilter" version, but I think people are too quick to dismiss that the Bills offense had a lot of issues this season. The Chiefs are no joke and writing them off in a game that's an obvious extreme just seems.. to ignore a lot of things. 

Edited by Malazan

On 1/19/2022 at 11:10 PM, NewEra said:

That great coaching staff got taken to the woodshed in the AFCCG last year. 

I agree, we have a great coaching staff, but so does KC.  The NFL is a week to week league. Anything can happen.  Nick Foles and Doug Pederson beat Brady and Belichick. 

It should be a great gm. Two great teams. Two great coaches!

I guarentee if every fan of the 24 teams not playing this weekend could only watch 1 game, the majority would watch Buf @ KC

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.