Bills got every single break last night

Miyagi-Do Karate

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never seen anything like it, but I believe the Bills got every single “break” last night. It really felt like a curse was broken. Consider just these plays:

1) Allen tries to throw the ball away, yet amazingly Knox catches it for a TD (an extraordinarily difficult catch too).

2) McKenzie apparently fumbled the opening kickoff, but it went harmlessly

out of bounds.

3) Milano tips a ball, and Wallace makes a diving interception off of it.

4) punt hits Neal in the foot, and Hyde was able to not only recover it, but then run it back 50 yards. 

5) Doinked in PAT by Bass.

6) several wide open patriots just dropped balls. 

We played a great game in every way. But it was nice to get those good luck bounces for once. 

The Bills came out and physically dominated NE. Breaks are the residue of talent and want to. NE was intimidated by the elements and our great fans, then the Bills imposed their will on a team that couldn't deal with the most physically talented QB in the game. Throw in a resurgent O-line, and a RB who has finally arrived and a receiving corp that can dominate any secondary, and it was easy for the Pats to quit. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The major point for me though is :

He threw one away on purpose. Excellent decision 

He had one tipped at the line

Happens

He hit Diggs with a poorly thrown catchable ball two yards past the LOS and Diggs didn’t get it 

Meh

Agree, he's a bum, maybe we could get a 6th or 7th in a trade??

Him and Bass, missing 2 XP's

• Haha (+1) 1

I think the biggest break we got was drawing a really good officiating crew that only flagged plays that were obvious, blatant and egregious. No ticky taks!! So refreshing to see refs just letting players play and letting that determine the outcome, not a whistle.

As Bills fans how can you not appreciate this. 

I was rewatching the game last night and that throw away to Knox. Josh was looking at refs holding up pointer finger motioning for a first down. He Def thought he threw it away, and then was looking for the late hit penalty. Amazing Knox got that. What a great performance from everyone!

30 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Dawkins got away w a big hold on the throw to McKenzie first quarter

Saw that too brutal no call. Since they all hold every play I’m fine they they didn’t call any holding. Pats fans were complaining coming into game that Judon was being held all the time past 5 games. Hey welcome to the NFL! J Hughes career has been a holding fest 😂 

• Agree 1

It was just one of those games.

You see games like that more frequently in hockey than football.

It's like the random NHL game where one team wins 9 or 10 to nothing, and everything they throw at the net randomly goes in...and the losing team can't buy a goal.

There was just no way we were going to lose last night and no way the Patriots were going to win.

If we can keep even 80% of that going, we'll be in great shape.

5 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have never seen anything like it, but I believe the Bills got every single “break” last night. It really felt like a curse was broken. Consider just these plays:

1) Allen tries to throw the ball away, yet amazingly Knox catches it for a TD (an extraordinarily difficult catch too).

2) McKenzie apparently fumbled the opening kickoff, but it went harmlessly

out of bounds.

3) Milano tips a ball, and Wallace makes a diving interception off of it.

4) punt hits Neal in the foot, and Hyde was able to not only recover it, but then run it back 50 yards. 

5) Doinked in PAT by Bass.

6) several wide open patriots just dropped balls. 

We played a great game in every way. But it was nice to get those good luck bounces for once. 

Did the Bills catch some breaks, sure.

Every break?  Nah.  We had 2 PATs blocked.   Pats WR made a couple circus catches they could have dropped.   Bills WR (Davis and Diggs) dropped I believe there was a handoff that Jones was lucky to make and not have fumbled.

I'm not sure I entirely believe Allen that he was trying to throw the ball away and Knox caught it.  I think Knox caught it because their "scramble rules" for that play put him back into that corner.  I think Allen thought he put it too far back in the EZ for that.

The biggest break for the Bills was Hyde's perfectly timed interception on Jones.  the Pats WR had a step on Wallace, and if Hyde hadn't gotten over there it would have been 7-7.  I'd say "lucky" but players make a lot of their own luck on plays like that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

But there were only 4 and Beasley wasn't listed in box score as having one, may not have been considered a target, but then numbers don't add up.

I'm going completely off the box score and the numbers adding up.

I think it was Sanders

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.