Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

YoloinOhio

What do you hope happens with Daboll?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Daboll to leave for a HC job?

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends on the outcome of the playoff game(s)/ season

Statistically, our offense has been fine. Fans always want more but whatever guy they bring in could well have a worse offense in terms of production.  I’d rather keep Josh comfortable and in the same offensive system we have now than start all over. Consistency is a key to winning. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

I prefer continuity. Daboll has done a great job, regardless of occasional frustration with his play calling. I’m also not able to fully assess how I feel until the postseason concludes. Daboll brings great schemes, and gave us a complex modern passing game. His Achilles heel has always been outsmarting himself. My greatest concern for today’s game is Daboll going ground and pound because of the weather.

I’ll be fully in favor of him taking a head coaching position if he goes that route. Daboll is in a great spot. He’s not getting fired, and likely has head coaching opportunities. He wins either way. I never hope for a guy to get fired, but if our offense sputters in the postseason with Daboll getting too cute, I’d be thrilled to see him take a head coaching position. 

Edited by SirAndrew

Frazier looks like more of a HC candidate to me than Daboll, but both are on the lists.   When I think of the Dennison year, I think, NO, Daboll needs to stay.  But, of course, he deserves his shot at the HC gig as well.  So, we will have to weather that correction(s) when and if they come.

1 hour ago, Dopey said:

While watching the game tonight, just remember that if a play doesn't work, it's not always on Daboll. Players ***** up too. See Jags and 1st NE and games. 

There's also a rock-paper-scissor element to play calling, a randomness that fans don't like to acknowledge. Nobody gets it right all the time. Daboll does do a nice job of giving Allen different options on a play, like do this if it's man but if it's zone you can still do this on the other side of the field.

• Like (+1) 2

I answered no but i need to qualify my answer:  i dont really think it matters who our OC is bc we have an All Pro, fringe MVP caliber QB. Of course id prefer to keep Daboll than lose him, but if he leaves we are good fellas. We have the QB. It would be a completely different story if we had someone like Fitz at QB or Tyrod. Then we would need as much help as possible to gameplan for every single W. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Guy has been integral in creating one of the best offenses in the league for back to back years, has great rapport with his players and helped make Josh Allen a top 5 QB. Why would I want him to leave?

Because every time an offensive play doesn't go our way, it's his fault.

Don't you read the game threads?

😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The next guy might run the ball too much so Id have to say keep him.

Unless that next guy is Dorsey and he can actually take this system and even improve it, but who knows which way that will go.

If we get a new OC outside the system it could be catastrophic.

Yes.

He fails to use the talent around him, to see what he has, the way a great coach should.

After the one dimensional nature of the offense last year, and the resulting inability to put up a strong effort against the Chiefs, allowing them to mercilessly key in on Allen, he started the year in the exact same way. We were screaming at The Ralph early in the Steelers game to run the f***ing ball!--with the running backs  but he didn't do so until it was too late. It was as if what happened against the Chiefs never happened.

Then, it took him most of this year to start creating a more multi-dimensional offense.  While it is better late than never, I think it may have been too late for this team to reach its potential.

Daboll has done some very good things and for that I am thankful, but I don't think he has good vision, creativity and the kind of high level coaching ability to use the players he has in the best way possible. I think it is pretty clear that this offense and team (and Allen and Singletary and Knox and Diggs... ) will not reach their potential, which is greatness, under Daboll.

(I still think this team's talent can carry them to a championship this year, though, as will be shown tonight, 31-10.)

But, I also think this is why he will not get a head coaching job this year and will remain with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

easiest way to f up a team whos ascending on a yearly basis is to lose the consistency of coaching or lose key players.   do everything u can to keep as much of this team intact.   zero guarantees that we continue to be this good,  if we lose certain players or coaches.    its a team game,  but u need that core.

YES YES YES, please get this overrated fat ass out of town! This team with Diggs, Allen, Knox and Singletary will be just fine under another coordinator. Dabol, goes to Tampa and never runs the dam ball in the first half.  I would have yanked his has out of the booth and got him a cab back to his house in Buffalo that night. The Pittsburgh game only featured runs by Allen.....Too much RPO and we lose.  The Jags game, wow really..... I know our Line was missing some players, but that is where the madness comes in, to continue to line up play after play with 5 People in patterns and a spread offense while Josh Allen(jags) destroys you is well definition of stupid. I cannot be the only person who has noticed a decline in the sweep and the WR jet sweep this season. I wont even go into the crazy go for it call at the end of the Titans game. 

In his tenure here he  has shown he cannot adjust fast enough to what the other team is doing. When he gets a job to which he will fail miserably....Let me know I will go to his house and help him load the truck!

He has done nothing for our running game and if he stays every year takes another 2 years off of Allen career. Your QB cannot be the focus of the running game and play for 20 yrs!

That being said, today McKenzie should be the slot receiver he ate NE for lunch....but Beasley who I am a huge fan will get the nod....Sanders will start over Davis mistake......and 26 will probably get 2 carries.  That is what this artery clogged monster will roll out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Really depends on who replaces him.  I assume that McBeane have been preparing for a scenario where they lose both Daboll and Frazier.  I don't know if the replacements will come from the current coaching staff or if the targets will be outside the organization, but I hope they will be competent replacements because it would be hard to argue that Frazier and Daboll have not been, at a minimum, competent in their respective roles.

The hate for BD is funny. Check out our OC’s production the previous 20 years. Yes he needs more commitment to the run (as we have seen recently ). Yes he has JA, but he’s been really good on the whole. Wish him well if he gets a HC gig but his work has been good. JA will certainly miss him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.