Dolphins fire Brian Flores

YoloinOhio

I like the starting over in Miami I suppose. I think his team played hard and the D was pretty good. They did beat up on some bad teams over that winning streak, but also beat a good Pats team twice.

Probably a better DC than HC. Like many coordinators.

I live downstate. Can see him in conversation for Giants job if they fire Judge (and they should) 

34 minutes ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Bold move to fire Flores but keep Chris Grier who has not drafted well (Austin Jackson, Noah Igbinoghene, Tua over Herbert, etc.) and handed out some big FA deals that haven't panned out (Shaq Lawson, Kyle Van Noy, Byron Jones to an extent). 

I could see Dabol being a target,  they already have a great defence and now need to fix their offence.  

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

I just believe he was terrible at making relationships.  He screwed up the situation last year with Fitz and then left Tua out to dry through the trade deadline.

I have to believe Tua is thrilled he is gone.

I could see him going to Houston, but he seems to me exactly like Bill O’Brien type coach - so we will see what happens.

Yeah. Seems like he's a pretty good coach, but it's tough to survive when you have a bad relationship with the owner, the GM, the QB, and other important players. He'll get another opportunity quickly and is a good enough coach for that to pay off for the new team but I'm not surprised Miami is moving on.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Since 2000 9 SB appearances and only missed the playoffs 3 times for BB.  That’s pretty amazing.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Yeah. Seems like he's a pretty good coach, but it's tough to survive when you have a bad relationship with the owner, the GM, the QB, and other important players. He'll get another opportunity quickly and is a good enough coach for that to pay off for the new team but I'm not surprised Miami is moving on.

Actually I think he was the one on Tua side and didn’t want  Watson. I think Tua is gone along with 5 1st rounders for Watson who will then be suspended indefinitely by the league lol.. almost a jets like move..

2 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

How?

They weren’t good this year. Last year they were ranked highly but living off of unsustainable production on turnovers. And in big games (like the one vs bills at end of year to get to the playoffs) they gave up 50 points to our mostly backups . Then got hammered by the Titans this year in another must win game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.