The good and the bad (just one each) for you in this game

Italian Bills

Mine:

- the good our D, i give them a A+++. Ok, it was the Jets … missing also some starter, but what i loved was the intensity the D had for the whole game. That’s the right mindset every player must have in the upcoming game(s). 
- the bad McD don’t using McKenzie and Daboll almost forgetting Bees. How can you avoid to play your fastest slot receiver and leave the other one with how many, less than five targets ? Unbelievable. This was the perfect game to play short throws behind their line for 4 to 6 yards gain and make everything easier to everyone. I really can’t understand.. 

Anyway very happy for the finish, can’t wait our next one. 

ps number three on points scored, number one on points allowed, not bad at all. 

Edited by Italian Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 4

26 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Mine:

- the good our D, i give them a A+++. Ok, it was the Jets … missing also some starter, but what i loved was the intensity the D had for the whole game. That’s the right mindset every player must have in the upcoming game(s). 
- the bad McD don’t using McKenzie and Daboll almost forgetting Bees. How can you avoid to play your fastest slot receiver and leave the other one with how many, less than five targets ? Unbelievable. This was the perfect game to play short throws behind their line for 4 to 6 yards gain and make everything easier to everyone. I really can’t understand.. 

Anyway very happy for the finish, can’t wait our next one. 

ps number three on points scored, number one on points allowed, not bad at all. 

The Bad: Punter! 

Side note: Cole seems to have lost a step, and McKenzie has been outplaying him.

• Like (+1) 6

The Good: Josh's lateral to Knox to get both the first down & out of bounds... and it worked! That was a high IQ play.

The Bad: The miscommunication by the WRs/TE. We've had at least 5 plays in the past 2 games where Josh throws to one spot and the receiver goes the opposite direction. That has to get fixed.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Good:  D line

Bad:  Josh.  Hope he got it out of his system

Many throws he would like back, I am sure. That said, 2 td passes, no picks/turnovers and ran/passed for over 300 and Devin had a bunch of yards. D let up nodda with 9 sacks- that's a good recipe. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Many throws he would like back, I am sure. That said, 2 td passes, no picks/turnovers and ran/passed for over 300 and Devin had a bunch of yards. D let up nodda with 9 sacks- that's a good recipe. 

Devin having a good day has nothing to do with Josh.  We had like 6 drives in a row where we didn’t do squat.  We can’t have that in the playoffs.

Josh is a great player and I believe he will win us a Super Bowl.  But he is not immune from criticism, and this is two games in a row where he has not played well.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Devin having a good day has nothing to do with Josh.  We had like 6 drives in a row where we didn’t do squat.  We can’t have that in the playoffs.

Josh is a great player and I believe he will win us a Super Bowl.  But he is not immune from criticism, and this is two games in a row where he has not played well.

And I think Josh would be the first person to accept that.

• Like (+1) 1

A good stat that really surprised me is that Gabe Davis was targeted 14 teams which is crazy. The bad is that he didn't do much - 3 catches - but I like that they're going his way as much as they are now. The catches will come as we know, his hands are incredible.

1 hour ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

The Good ==> the DL

The Bad ==> our Punter must be replaced before our next game

That's not going to happen mainly because you don't want to mess with Bass WRT holder.  Unless they go as far as signing a punter, but keeping Haack just for holding.

I will say this in the middle of the 3rd quarter, I went to Spotrac to see if the Jets punter would be a free agent at year end, 2 years remaining.  But then watched the Jets punter in Q4 and he didn't look that much better than Haack.  So maybe conditions were much worse than most realize.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Good:  D line

Bad:  Josh.  Hope he got it out of his system

Think Allen needs to learn to take something off the fastball.  It may be OK in September an October, but with a wet, cold, hard ball coupled with a receivers wet cold hands just doesn't work well.    But hard to say if Allen did take something off on some of those passes, would he have been able to get the ball to where it needed to get to?

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Of course Allen isn't immune from criticism but in wind conditions like we had at the stadium today he played well.  I know it's hard for people to wrap their minds around this statement given that he missed some passes but when the gales are howling completing over half your passes for over 200 yards and 2 TD's is a good day at the office.  Then throw in his big runs in the 4th quarter and he played well.

If I had the energy and easy access to the data I would love to find out what the average QB rating is when the wind is howling and it's cold at Rich Stadium.  I bet that Allen's stats are better then any other QB playing in that stadium under those conditions.

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

Of course Allen isn't immune from criticism but in wind conditions like we had at the stadium today he played well.  I know it's hard for people to wrap their minds around this statement given that he missed some passes but when the gales are howling completing over half your passes for over 200 yards and 2 TD's is a good day at the office.  Then throw in his big runs in the 4th quarter and he played well.

If I had the energy and easy access to the data I would love to find out what the average QB rating is when the wind is howling and it's cold at Rich Stadium.  I bet that Allen's stats are better then any other QB playing in that stadium under those conditions.

Wasn’t it 6 punts in a row?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.