1/9/22 Gameday AFCE Champs vs Jets Postgame Thread.

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Defense played a great game today. There is no doubt. But Zach Wilson played a horrible game. He was indecisive and held onto the ball far too long. He could barely complete a pass. I think a lot of fans on here are thinking we are far better on defense than we actually are. 

I will caveat this and say I hope the bills defense proves me wrong throughout the playoffs 

He played well against some other defenses but Bills pass rush was relentless and they added lots of blitzing so he never knew what he was seeing.

7 minutes ago, CaliBills said:

do you think it was white knuckle for us fans only or do you really think the players ever thought that?

I, for one, do not think the players or coaches were nervous. More like, ok, we are the better team lets get our ***** together.

Dominating in clock, yards,  blocked punt and up by 3 in the 4th quarter, and after seeing them lose every one score game this year, yeah, white knuckle.

• Like (+1) 1

The thing I thought of at the end of the game was for so many years it was a role reversal.

The Jets played hard for 3 quarters but just ran out of steam.  Reminded me of the Bills often during the drought years.  Would play hard but would run out of steam.  

It's cool to be on the winning end!  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Davis caught 3 of 14, FOURTEEN, targets

Hopefully the offense is more in sync next week

It's a little better when you know that he caught some of them but was out of bounds, but yeah not the best look.  I still prefer him over Sanders on the field though.

Beasley looked worse in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It would have been nice if the TV broadcast crew commented on that throughout the game.

Instead we get that weird cartoon generated animation bull#### and garbage stories from the sidelines.

How about commenting on the actual game?!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Billsy unesscessary white knuckle of a game. 2nd and 3rd quarter were just abysmal. We also need a punter. Terrible game management by McD. All said, back to back division titles and the Pats puked. Good day. 

Posters that hide all season waiting to post hate of the Bills:

crazy nicolas cage GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The broadcast showed Hauck turning the ball 90 degrees intentionally so it was sideways when he kicked it for the shanks.  Anyone have an idea how that changes the kick (if it had been done well)?   After the shanks he dropped it straight and just kicked it.

Just now, Nextmanup said:

It would have been nice if the TV broadcast crew commented on that throughout the game.

Instead we get that weird cartoon generated animation bull#### and garbage stories from the sidelines.

How about commenting on the actual game?!

hey, that’s why I started my color commentator thread earlier this week. This game proved my point. Such empty commentary. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

For the long timers, I recall snow when I was a kid, but was the wind like this in the old days?  Feels like this is new but maybe its just more of a story?

Kelly's Bills beat the Jets at home to win the AFC East 9-6. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, f0neguy said:

The broadcast showed Hauck turning the ball 90 degrees intentionally so it was sideways when he kicked it for the shanks.  Anyone have an idea how that changes the kick (if it had been done well)?   After the shanks he dropped it straight and just kicked it.

it seemed like it worked the first time he did it. He hit that low liner the first time that cut through the wind and ended up rolling about 40 yards. 

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Was not at all white knuckle…we were conservative against the wind because we trusted the defense… jets were lucky to score any points at all 

Conservative? For 2 quarters  we missed 80% of the  passs thrown and couldn't buy a 1st down. With the way the D played, it should have been over at the half.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.