Crazy fan sues Giants & Jets for calling themselves NY teams

Albany,n.y.

41 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

When I lived in Long Island in the 1980s I drove to a few games at the old Giants Stadium.  Sometimes I drove through Manhattan to get there.  Manhattan is very close to East Rutherford via the Lincoln Tunnel.  If the clown owned a car it wouldn't take him very long to get to Met-Life.  

They're probably going to counter sue him for their legal fees.  The guy will owe the Giants & Jets thousands when he's done, 

Wouldn’t doubt they say it’s a frivolous case and seek sanctions. It’s fun, but has a lot of holes legally.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Utah Jazz.   They stole NO team.  New Orleans Jazz perfect name.  NO birthplace of jazz, and lively jazz scene.  Utah is pretty white.  Not only is Utah thieves for stealing NO team, they are lazy thieves.  They didn't even bother to change name

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Is there a bigger head-scratcher than the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim?

Or Calgary Flames...used to be the Atlanta Flames. Or the San Francisco Giants...used to be the NY Giants. Arizona/Phoenix Cardinals...used to be the St. Louis Cardinals. And the Tennessee Titans used to be the Tennessee Oilers. And the New Orleans Pelicans used to be the New Orleans Hornets.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, I went to a Bills game and there was no live Buffalo anywhere roaming the city. I believe Tre White TRIED to address this a couple years back. To me that screams that they had knowledge of the fraud and continue to mislead. I'm suing for 2.5 billion dollars, a stadium with a dome, and insist that Patrick Mahomes gets deported (along with his sideshow circus family) to Sweden. 

Yes i vote for Mahomes fiancé and her side chic Jackson to be sent to Sweden. lol.

Bison is the logo not the city name.

The historical range of 1800 American Bison extends up into the southtowns regions. It can be surmised some bisons roamed in Orchard Park and likely some strays ventured into what is now Buffalo city limits proper.

Older range research shows range covered complete Buffalo area. 

historic-bison-range 2.png

Edited by cba fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

The historical range of 1800 American Bison extends up into the southtowns regions. It can be surmised some bisons roamed in Orchard Park and likely some strays ventured into what is now Buffalo city limits proper.

Older range reaserch shows range covered complete Buffalo area. 

Be that as it may, but I guarantee NONE of those bison paid their Bills. Fraud. 

• Haha (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I texted this story to my girlfriend in law school for a legal perspective on this. 

Her response: 

"Oh man, this guy is going to get annihilated"

The Jets and Giants felt sorry for Rudy Giuliani...and are letting him handle the teams' positions in the suit.  Ask her again. 😁

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

$6 Billion dollar lawsuit.

“The travel time was longer than the game and it ruined the whole day,” he griped. “The transportation cost almost as much as the tickets.”

facepalm GIF

He's hoping to say "hey, I'm willing to settle for 10% if you sign TODAY. that's only 600 million dollars!" 

Gotta leave some room to negotiate 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Utah Jazz.   They stole NO team.  New Orleans Jazz perfect name.  NO birthplace of jazz, and lively jazz scene.  Utah is pretty white.  Not only is Utah thieves for stealing NO team, they are lazy thieves.  They didn't even bother to change name

Jazz often gets confused with Tabernacle Choir...it’s a common mistake...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

There is a common misconception about the Lakers nickname glossed over by many.

Lakers nickname was coined by a media guy when Lakers moved to MN. Inspired by the "Land of 10,000 Lakes" state motto. 

In reality they are named after the Lakes only secondary in relation to the true meaning of what a Laker is.

A laker is a lake trout that live in most MN lakes. Also a shipping ship that trolls the Great Lakes. It is not a lake or people that live on or around lakes etc etc..

LA and Cali do not have a lot of lakes but the ones they do have, have lake trout in them. So they are the Lakers that are in the nickname.

They could develop a mean ferocious lake trout logo if they desired and it would fit. Since laker ships do not troll Cali lakes a ship would not fit.

Are you related to @ExiledInIllinois?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Atlanta Flames was a great name, logo. Calgary Flames, not so much. So, white lazy thieves and Canadian to boot.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I have often thought about that!  The nickname just makes zero sense in Salt Lake City.

They should have changed the name to the "Chargin' Mormons" or some such.

31 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Are there Bears in Chicago?  

Sure.  Once was.

But there is a market... Like the Chicago Mercantile Exchange... AND as we all know there can be a BEAR market or a BULL market!

Hey wait... That's another team... The Chicago Bulls!

Anyway... NorthSide football was Bears with Cubs as NorthSide baseball. Both played at Wrigley... Actually the Chicago Bears still hold the record for most of their games played at Wrigley. SouthSide football were the Cardinals (State bird of Illinois) and baseball is Sox...

Bearish Money on NorthSide, Labor on SouthSide.

😉😜 

@Mike in Horseheads ... Now, what you just witnessed above is called creativity! 😏 😆 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

Yes i vote for Mahomes fiancé and her side chic Jackson to be sent to Sweden. lol.

Older range research shows range covered complete Buffalo area. 

Thank YOU.  Can you be my wing-man! 😆 

Suck it to all the @Beerball & @BringBackFergy's out there... There are more of me out there! 😏 

But... I think that map is a little off.  I don't picture bison roaming around Pensacola, Florida... But if they did... Cool! 😉 

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Are there Bears in Chicago?  

yes bears range included all of Illinois until development and resulting loss of habitat pushed them north.

Occasionally a bear looking for a mate migrates down from Wisconsin and have been spotted in Chicago N and W suburbs.

In Lincoln Zoo of course they have them.

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Suck it to all the @Beerball & @BringBackFergy's out there... There are more of me out there! 😏 

But... I think that map is a little off.  I don't picture bison roaming around Pensacola, Florida... But if they did... Cool! 😉 

that was old map from before white man roamed.

this is 1800's map.

dwindling-bison-herds 2.jpg

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Edited by cba fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.