Star back at practice - 12/29

Motorin'

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Hmmmm, the plot thickens. Glad we didn’t need him in NE, but I have a feeling we will need him before the season is over.

Entire season, sure.  Regular season, naw.  Let him sit and get healthier.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here's my 2 cents:

Is the coach apparently OK with whatever his personal reason? Yes? OK then - not my problem.

I don't know what his problem was. Frankly - I don't NEED to know. Personal reasons be personal.

Coach McDermott has earned a sufficent amount of respect from me that if he says "yeah - it's valid; take the time you need", then who the heck am I to argue?

Every human being goes through times of trouble. What may seem like an "end of the world" level problem to you might be "Eh - it's Tuesday" to someone else. And vice versa...

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No one knows how this rumor started, could’ve been by Joe Blow in his basement apartment, but it has taken on life. I don’t think any of the Lotuleiles are on social media, but something this big should be relatively easy to verify. I’d imagine his teammates know the truth, but truly Star’s personal reasons are none of our business.

1 hour ago, LongTermBuffalonian said:

Here's my 2 cents:

Is the coach apparently OK with whatever his personal reason? Yes? OK then - not my problem.

I don't know what his problem was. Frankly - I don't NEED to know. Personal reasons be personal.

Coach McDermott has earned a sufficent amount of respect from me that if he says "yeah - it's valid; take the time you need", then who the heck am I to argue?

Every human being goes through times of trouble. What may seem like an "end of the world" level problem to you might be "Eh - it's Tuesday" to someone else. And vice versa...

Well said and worth more than 2 cents.

As for Star and football I hope he can play well and help the team the rest of the season.

After this season and what happens then is best left until spring.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Hmmmm, the plot thickens. Glad we didn’t need him in NE, but I have a feeling we will need him before the season is over.

We had him for the first New England game.

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This makes me feel a lot better about our run defense heading into the playoffs.

He played in the Tennessee and first New England game. Does he really make that much of a difference?

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

It's been reported by multiple sources, Star has returned to the team today.

That’s great news. I, for one, am tired of the Star bashing here at TBD. Whatever his reason, they’re his and his coaches to wrestle through. They are all smart adults who know when something personal is more important than one’s job. Trust them and their discernment and judgment. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.