Wentz to Covid list

Big Blitz

24 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I like your thought.

Have to beat good teams to ultimately get the trophy.  Why not beat the ones who got over on you?  I want messages sent and dominance established by the Bills.  They’re top dogs.  Colts, Titans, Chiefs are my preferred matchups.   Leave no doubts.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Maybe this is a hot take but I think the Colts are probably the team I’d pick to win in the AFC if everyone lost their starting QB.

Not saying this isn’t a blow, but I don’t expect them to look like the Ian Book Saints now.

I would disagree, you saw what happens to a team when the other isn’t afraid of a pass, it takes a miracle to score.  If they all lost their starters right now, it’s STILL KC, then Buffalo (thanks to MT being a decent BU), then I think it jumps to Miami, and Baltimore if they make it in.  You have to look at who would be in and how much they rely on QBs, KC has had success with a back up, Buffalo has MT who is a borderline starter, the Fins don’t rely on the QB and have arguably the best BU in football, and the kid in Baltimore looks pretty good so far, plus they are a run centric team.  Indy is going to complete inexperience, no good.  The Pats should not be forgot as they haven’t really forced the QB to do much all year anyway.

Edited by DCofNC

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

This is actually a worry of mine.

Bills finally make it back to the Super Bowl and the day before...Allen tests positive and Buffalo heads into the game with Trubisky at QB. 😬

Dude, don't ever speak of such sorrow, suicidal things.....Enough stress as it is lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

such warped thinking…but as long as Colts do not miss playoffs…having your Starting QB safe from any Covid in the playoffs must be a relief.

Should we get Josh at a Covid party right after the Falcons game and get this over with?

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Maybe this is a hot take but I think the Colts are probably the team I’d pick to win in the AFC if everyone lost their starting QB.

Not saying this isn’t a blow, but I don’t expect them to look like the Ian Book Saints now.

The Ian book saints are missing a lot more than a qb to be fair 😂

10 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Talk of running Taylor 40 times this weekend seems like flying very close to the sun.  Sooner or later the Colts are going to get burned.  Law of averages. 

Yup, they would be hating it if running him that much and he happens to go down similar to Tenn losing Henry. However him getting a lot of carries is likely what they have to do for best chance to win.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He actually mentioned he would consider coming back though, I think it would only be for the Colts

Yeah that was while before the Saints though if I'm not mistaken? Did he say only for Colts? I thought it was a different team? 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

23 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Talk of running Taylor 40 times this weekend seems like flying very close to the sun.  Sooner or later the Colts are going to get burned.  Law of averages. 

Could see Hines getting extra work. Maybe even activate Marlon Mack and give him some carries to cover the extra run game work load. 

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

I would disagree, you saw what happens to a team when the other isn’t afraid of a pass, it takes a miracle to score.  If they all lost their starters right now, it’s STILL KC, then Buffalo (thanks to MT being a decent BU), then I think it jumps to Miami, and Baltimore if they make it in.  You have to look at who would be in and how much they rely on QBs, KC has had success with a back up, Buffalo has MT who is a borderline starter, the Fins don’t rely on the QB and have arguably the best BU in football, and the kid in Baltimore looks pretty good so far, plus they are a run centric team.  Indy is going to complete inexperience, no good.  The Pats should not be forgot as they haven’t really forced the QB to do much all year anyway.

When has KC had success with a backup?

Mahomes has played >90% of the snaps in every game but one this year (where he played 75%, into the 4Q).  They lost that one 27-3

Mahomes played >80% of the snaps in every game but week 17 last year (where he was inactive).  They lost that one 38-21

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wonder where the Colts will find someone to throw for 100 yards these next two games 

I think the Colts passing game is like the Bills running game.  It has to show up just enough that the other team feels they need to defend it.

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Should we get Josh at a Covid party right after the Falcons game and get this over with?

No.

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, wow.  Wonder if he's in game shape.  Count me as one who thinks the Colts would be far more dangerous with Rivers.

Certainly for this next game if he’s even just 75% ready.  Not sure he is better rest of season over Wentz though.  Start of the season sure, but I would think Wentz whose played all year would likely be better than Rivers at his age coming in a year after he last stepped on a field.  

Then again, maybe Rivers would be better, I mean it’s not that hard to be better than Wentz either lol. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.