Bruce Smith Puts Jerry Sullivan In His Place in 1997

JohnNord

The "he keeps it real" crowd is probably young and does not know that during the 90s he wrote of all the bad things happening. When the Bills were 13-3 he reminded you of what the team could not do without any good stuff along with it. He is a hack who can turn a phrase, which is not nearly as important as he wants you to believe. Also his "embarrassed" question is not a problem if he gives them good questions after a good game.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Sully is kind of like a dinosaur but he understands that his job is to get people talking one way or another.  He’s not different than a Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith.   He says stupid ***** to get people talking 

And it sounded like he said it from across the room so he would't get his ass kicked by Bruce either ... 😂

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I’m so sorry his words hurt your feelings …. I’m shocked that he wasn’t a font of positivity during a two decade reign of suck. 

Why am I not surprised that one of the few posters who has Sully on a pedestal has named himself after the white Bronco chase? 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Like eball said, he's destroying his career by ruining relationships. His "wins" are short-sighted. He's on a path of self-destruction. And it couldn't happen to a better guy.

He's a parasite, so of course he was "more right than wrong" during the drought years. That's how he got away with his behavior for so long. Now that we have a winning franchise, Sullivan is exposed for what he is. Don't be fooled into thinking he's got some special insight into the team or football or sports for that matter. He's a classic gaslighting narcissist. Very dangerous people. 

I don't think he's special at all 

I'm just not someoneto that rips somebody up.. even if I don't like his opinions

3 hours ago, eball said:

I wonder if any Boston hack asked Matt Judon after the game if he was “embarrassed” the Bills didn’t punt?  No, of course they didn’t, because it’s a douchey question.

Sully still doesn’t get it after all these years.  If you’re a little weasel with no credibility and you insult professional athletes they aren’t going to take kindly to it.

What exactly did he win?  He lost his job at the Buffalo News, for crissake, and is at a rag called the Niagara freaking Gazette.  Did he get a few Twitter hits?  I hear the Gazette pays an extra $.05 per retweet.

It's the same as any journalist or celebrity

Any press is good

There's no such thing as bad press to a journalist.. that's why it's better to let somebody like that fade away

17 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Weird flex by Sullivan that other really good players have also thought he was a hack.

15 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Coupled with being at such a low budget operation that he can’t even attend roadies.

Classic Sullivan... miserable little man with a grandiose self-opinion whose work screams "self-proclaimed smartest guy in the room", yet again oblivious to the fact that his snark reflects more obviously on his own shortcomings - calling attention to the fact he's an insufferable little prick whose schtick ultimately left him without a credible platform - than it does on the person it was directed at. Thanks for reminding us why most of us don't miss you, Jerruh. Enjoy your crumbs.

• Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

No it's based on my vast experience as a reader and I can spot an annoying hack a mile away.

He writes for the NF Gazette for goodness sake. It's not the Times. Ever community has and needs a writer to hate 9 out of 10 times. It's a roll but we all know he is not a schill. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Jordan Poyer apparently ran off the field saying “Where’s Jerry Sullivan at,” promoting Sullly to respond:

Turns out he was right.  Bruce was not up for Sully’s questioning and he responds with this hilarious blistering of Sully.  Just know there’s a few curse words below:

Poyer is obviously addressing the from the last Patriot post game pc where sully asked how embarrassing it was NE threw it 3 times and won. 

Hey if that helps with a little edge, ask every week Jerry.

Who knew Jerry and any sort performance enhancement would ever meet near each other in concept. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Poyer is obviously addressing the from the last Patriot post game pc where sully asked how embarrassing it was NE threw it 3 times and won. 

Hey if that helps with a little edge, ask every week Jerry.

Who knew Jerry and any sort performance enhancement would ever meet near each other in concept. 

Jerry Sullivan taking credit for the Bills victory over NE is like crotch itch taking credit for the birth of your child. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I can understand a Bills player trying to use any media slight to try to motivate them...........they aren't being covered by the NY Post or Boston Globe........the Buffalo media is very easy on the team.....so the players really gotta' look for it.

But the fans that STILL care and get exercised about what the long-exiled Jerry Sullivan has to say look like feeble minded idiots. :lol:

Jerry still owns you guys.

0478f2cd1dc313187659ed098e15200f.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I can understand a Bills player trying to use any media slight to try to motivate them...........they aren't being covered by the NY Post or Boston Globe........the Buffalo media is very easy on the team.....so the players really gotta' look for it.

But the fans that STILL care and get exercised about what the long-exiled Jerry Sullivan has to say look like feeble minded idiots. :lol:

He owns us all the way to the Niagra Gazette.

Just as much as he owns Poyer and Hyde.

• Like (+1) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/27/2021 at 4:51 PM, JohnNord said:

Sully is kind of like a dinosaur but he understands that his job is to get people talking one way or another.  He’s not different than a Colin Cowherd or Skip Bayless or Stephen A. Smith.   He says stupid ***** to get people talking 

you might want to correct that post

On 12/28/2021 at 8:38 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

What about the fans that care and get exercised about those “feeble minded idiots” that care and get exercised about what Jerry Sullivan says?  Are they cool? Or do those “feeble minded idiots” still own you? 

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain

35 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

What about the fans that care and get exercised about those “feeble minded idiots” that care and get exercised about what Jerry Sullivan says?  Are they cool? Or do those “feeble minded idiots” still own you? 

I think the closet Sullivan supporters are worse.  They use phrases like “feeble minded idiots” to his detractors.  Jerry even admitted once he writes articles before games and just inserts facts from game into it (not always getting fact right).  There is no reason he should be treated as member of media rather than a poor fiction writer.

3 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Those are definitely the thoughts of a feeble mind.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

How stupid does Sullivan look now? 

Humiliating. But that's what happens when you always short the hometown team. 

What a miserable existence. Will he stay home and hide if we end up having a SB parade? 

Nah, he'll rag on that there wasn't enough confetti and that the red on the Bills bunting on the floats was a shade off team colors. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Bruce Smith was a real jerk back in his hey-day in Buffalo ..

I’ll never forget Bruce shedding a bad light here,  calling Buffalo a racist city on national TV.

Or, saying the only thing he’ll miss about Buffalo would be the chicken wings….when offered a contract by Denver

Great player, but I have no use for Smith other than his play on the field.…

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.