Lil’ Dirty game MVP

Paul Costa

8 minutes ago, Beerball said:

& Davis? At full strength that's a scary WR room.

Definitely Davis.  He’s clutch.    Like I said, IMO, Sanders is the odd man out and gets a couple snaps a game depending on the situation. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

The difference maker by far, the biggest story in the whole game, was that the offensive protected Allen. This is what was different from most Bills games this year and they did it with a makeshift line against a top defense. You give Allen time and he will destroy you.  
Should we play NE again, expect a different type of D. I expect NE to really come after Allen, see if we can beat them that way.

Allen really matured yesterday, taking those short passes, now DCs have to figure a new way to stop Allen.

Go Bills!

I was shocked that Belichek didn't adjust at halftime and start sending more pressure. He played it this way last year too, and we swept them. 

I think the problem with his philosophy is that it doesn't account for how good of a thrower Josh has become in the last two years. Typically, Belichek takes away the most dangerous weapon of the opposing offense and makes someone else beat them. He's been successful containing Josh in the pocket, but it doesn't account for him throwing the ball all over the field. 

Their approach is fundamentally flawed and he's going to have to go back to the drawing board on how to try to defend us going forward. 

20 minutes ago, Pags24 said:

Mc-Z was awesome yesterday.  He was open all day, made some huge clutch plays....and that jet-sweep play that worked so well last year, why haven't we used it this year??  Keep Mc-Z in the lineup and give him the ball!    

We ran it at least 3 times yesterday.

12 minutes ago, 298Woody said:

Beasley is as good as gone next year. he is only a 1.5 M hit next year and not worth the trouble and attention. He is overpriced as well.

I think you're wrong.  Keep both.  They're small guys and it's a long season.  Plus they offer some coaching strategy bonuses, McK can't be covered one-on-one and Beas is great finding the soft spot in zones.  As for the trouble and attention, next year should be vastly different.

IMO, it's Sanders that doesn't get re-signed.  Gabe takes over as #2 with Kumerow backing and groom a draft pick.

21 minutes ago, Pags24 said:

Mc-Z was awesome yesterday.  He was open all day, made some huge clutch plays....and that jet-sweep play that worked so well last year, why haven't we used it this year??  Keep Mc-Z in the lineup and give him the ball!    

I felt that all year and why I question who ever made the decision to keep him out of the offense this year after how he finished last year. We weren't even going to re-sign him and got him on the cheap. He is a dynamic game changing Tyreek Hill type player that needs the ball. The Jet sweep was removed from the offense this year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

We ran it at least 3 times yesterday.

....which I was happy to see, but where has it been this year?  In other games this year when Mc-Z dressed it hasn't been called. It's a great play to sprinkle into our play calling. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I think you're wrong.  Keep both.  They're small guys and it's a long season.  Plus they offer some coaching strategy bonuses, McK can't be covered one-on-one and Beas is great finding the soft spot in zones.  As for the trouble and attention, next year should be vastly different.

IMO, it's Sanders that doesn't get re-signed.  Gabe takes over as #2 with Kumerow backing and groom a draft pick.

Beasley is a 7.6M hit next year and McKenzie might not be offered a contract again because someone in the Bills organization doesn't like him. He only is paid 1M this year. I would take McK straight up against Beasley any day and why I don't understand why he wasn't offered a contract and when we finally sign him don't play him until necessary. That is bad coaching to me.

1 hour ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just hope that now he retains a spot in this offense.

No more holy trinity of Diggs, Sanders and Beasley playing 95% of snaps.

Our Coaches have to see that Davis should be starting and McKenzie can start taking snaps away from Beasley immediately.

Nobody should be shocked about yesterday, Beasley has been out of gas all season and fans have been saying this all year.

Go back and look at home many 3rd and longs that Beasley has converted this year.  Dirty did great.. but Beasley is also clutch ..  It doesn't have to be one or the other.  

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Pags24 said:

....which I was happy to see, but where has it been this year?  In other games this year when Mc-Z dressed it hasn't been called. It's a great play to sprinkle into our play calling. 

Yes it is even if the play doesn’t get many yards it keeps the defense eyes moving and playing the hole field. 

8 minutes ago, 298Woody said:

Beasley is a 7.6M hit next year and McKenzie might not be offered a contract again because someone in the Bills organization doesn't like him. He only is paid 1M this year. I would take McK straight up against Beasley any day and why I don't understand why he wasn't offered a contract and when we finally sign him don't play him until necessary. That is bad coaching to me.

I think/hope McK has played himself into more snaps and action for the rest of the year.  And I hope this translates into the post season and a reasonable multi-year contract for Mck.  

But I still think you should want Beas too.  Beas' contract is not unreasonable.  And everyone should want to keep a lot of the parts we have now into the future.  Great offense that should be modified slowly.

12 minutes ago, 298Woody said:

It dose make one wonder!! Mck is fast and can catch. 

58 minutes ago, Beerball said:

& Davis? At full strength that's a scary WR room.

I bet there is more than one playoff-bound team which has looked at McK's performance and thought "we are so f*****". 

Combine McK's game, Davis' emergence over the past 1+ month, the catching ability which Singletary exhibited yesterday. stumbling into (perhaps) the optimal OL combination and Allen's willingness to take the underneath throws, this O is set up to finally live up to the pre-season billing. 

You can't teach speed and yesterday it was on display. Guy was selling out his body to get those catches.  In the playoffs we are going to need that speed and for the first time all year with Gabe Davis the last couple weeks and now Mck I feel like our wr group is starting to show out. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.