Why Cole or Isaiah?

Buffalo Barbarian

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It is time to thank Beas for the memories, move on and give that money to McKenzie. I have said it multiple times this season but Beas has lost a step. It is noticeable to me that he is just a tad slower out of his breaks and as such a lot more of those throws to him are now contested balls. He was a vital component in Josh Allen's development and for that we should be very grateful. But the right move is to move on. McKenzie would come cheaper and he has better separation ability at this stage. 

Sad fact of the NFL is Josh is at some point going to be throwing to a completely different cast of characters because everyone he's throwing to right now will of retired a good stretch before him, not to mention the guys blocking for him.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, TOboy said:

Simply put, because they play the same role in offense and next year we’re going to have to make some tough choices due to the cap. 

If cap room wasn’t an issue, they’d obviously keep both, despite the fact they rarely see the field together. 

We dont have a cap issue. We can have both. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So sick of fans saying we should get rid of Beasley and keep McKenzie.

Here is an idea , keep them both and play them at the same time on some plays.

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

And this goes for all positions.

Because 6.1M for a declining player isn’t a luxury you can have after you pay your QB. 

5 minutes ago, FarrellsFinest said:

We dont have a cap issue. We can have both. 

Yes we do. We are right against the Cap and need to address a lot this offseason. 

starting with 

OGx2

C

Pass Rush

WR

RB???? 
QB2

41 active players 9M in space. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, BILLieve85 said:

So how much do you resign McKenzie for. What’s your offer? 

2-3M AAV on a longer deal will be enough to get it done. 

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

And a useful player with $8.5 million dead cap.  We don’t have cap space to burn 

There is a cap savings with his release. 6.1 to be exact 

Edited by MAJBobby

Diggs, McKenzie, Davis, Stevenson, Hodgins and a Top 100 draft pick at WR is what I'd love to see next year.  

Perfect blend of experience in Diggs/McKenzie, a guy about to enter his prime years in Davis and young talent in Stevenson, Hodgins and a high draft pick. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

So sick of fans saying we should get rid of Beasley and keep McKenzie.

Here is an idea , keep them both and play them at the same time on some plays.

Why get rid of a good player when you can get rid of the worst player on the team, when the offseason comes.

And this goes for all positions.

One thing that I come away with from yesterday is this...

Perhaps the fact that both Beasley (who was good but nothing super special in Dallas) and McK both having success in the slot in this offense has a bit to do with the scheme. This is an offense that is rooted in the same philosophy that the Pats ran with Welker/Edelman and sometimes Troy Brown before that, I believe in the slot...with tweaks of course. Now I'm not saying neither player has talent and it's all on scheme.

They do each bring something special to the spot (McK-speed; Beasley precision). Daboll uses them somewhat in different ways. Love that with McK out there it adds the jet sweep possibilities. 

Bottom line is if McKenzie doesn't resign and Beasley is a cap cut...I think there are other guys that could flourish in the system.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Love Beasley, but his numbers have been declining the last 2 months. After playing the Dolphins on 10/31 he was averaging 62 ypg, since then he's averaged 34.

McKenzie has the same number of TDs & 100 yard games as Beasley with 78 less targets.

Diggs' numbers have declined as well. Shall we dump him, too? Clear up some cap room?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's almost like people on here are reactionary and prisoners of the moment? Mac had the game of his career and people immediately think that is repeatable every game. Beasley has shown to be a much more consistent player and deserves to get back into the lineup. But Mac should be used more too. I would say give Sanders less snaps as the WR4 and give more of those snaps to Mac. Beasley has still been fairly productive this season and Josh has a high level of comfort with him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, TOboy said:

Simply put, because they play the same role in offense and next year we’re going to have to make some tough choices due to the cap. 

If cap room wasn’t an issue, they’d obviously keep both, despite the fact they rarely see the field together. 

I don't agree necessarily.  Yes they both play slot but McKenzie skill set is totally different.  He could like up outside and run goes and or deep crosses which Beasley doesn't run. 

38 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

Barkley was in for McKenzie's game against Miami.

But most of his catches were with Allen in first half. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

💰 💴 💵 

that’s why. 

I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t keep Cole, but that’s why people are discussing it

No I disagree, there is a diatribe against Cole mainly because he says things people think he ought not and they want to burn him at the stake for it. Pathetic in my opinion. 

56 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

One thing that I come away with from yesterday is this...

Perhaps the fact that both Beasley (who was good but nothing super special in Dallas) and McK both having success in the slot in this offense has a bit to do with the scheme. This is an offense that is rooted in the same philosophy that the Pats ran with Welker/Edelman and sometimes Troy Brown before that, I believe in the slot...with tweaks of course. Now I'm not saying neither player has talent and it's all on scheme.

They do each bring something special to the spot (McK-speed; Beasley precision). Daboll uses them somewhat in different ways. Love that with McK out there it adds the jet sweep possibilities. 

Bottom line is if McKenzie doesn't resign and Beasley is a cap cut...I think there are other guys that could flourish in the system.

He was actually pretty good in Dallas 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Diggs' numbers have declined as well. Shall we dump him, too? Clear up some cap room?

Your reply seems pretty shortsighted and condescending, but let's break it down. 

One we have a viable replacement for, the other we don't. One is in his prime, age & ability wise, the other will be 33 before the draft. One is considered one of the best in the league, the other is not.

Also one is 9th in receiving yards and tied for 6th in receiving TDs. The other is 47th in receiving yards and tied for 153th in receiving TDs. McKenzie has found the end zone more times this year than Beasley with 1/3 of the touches Beasley has had. 

When you have to start paying your QB you have to make tough choices like this. Though I personally don't see this as a tough choice.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This time of year for 20 years diehard fans turned mock Gms around Christmas.  Thats the why?  For now its a great problem to have.  Lets get Beasley back healthy.  Lets see if Mckenzie can consistently be productive in the offense.    

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.