Great win for the Bills

PatsFanNH

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

We didn’t need the ‘85 bears D we just needed one that made the Bills punt 1 or 2 times.  No team is going to win a game their D doesn’t make one punt happen. 

But you do need to be able to keep up or be able to score quickly.  I may have exaggerated but your team is going to rely on not getting behind in score.  Having a strong running game is not enough if you cant score quickly.  When a team is down in points and it takes them 7 minutes to score on one drive its just not going to happen.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Are you telling me that you wouldn't trade Mac Jones straight up for Allen right now?

Nope, that doesn’t mean I am envious. If I could swap QBs I’d take Brady back. I know for a damn fact no one stacking the box like this with him as our QB. Lol 

but why be envious? I watched the GOAT run things for 20 years, watched one year of horrid QB play and now see a Rookie that shows promise. 

im going enjoy watching the games and see what happens.

5 minutes ago, Hsker4life said:

Don’t forget Buffalo dropping a TD pass on 4th down, having a TD called back by penalty, or Levi Wallace dropping an INT.

Or Buffalo not having 2 of its top 4 WRs, or then losing a starting OL during the game.

Lol I was kidding I over estimated my team.. aren’t we all guilty of that at times? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is why having a strong run game doesnt mean much unless the defense is the 85 bears.  As soon as you come up against an offense that can score, the running game means nothing.  You guys literally killed your own clock with 7+ minute drives.

Again the bills are and should be the better team. It's only year 2 for the pats....I think plenty of us fans are cool with it. 

We knew going into the season they still need to add so again to be where they are in only year 2, it's looking good. Not gonna overreact.

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

But you do need to be able to keep up or be able to score quickly.  I may have exaggerated but your team is going to rely on not getting behind in score.  Having a strong running game is not enough if you cant score quickly.  When a team is down in points and it takes them 7 minutes to score on one drive its just not going to happen.

Well this is only year 2 of a rebuild for the Pats. They have a good TE and a couple decent WR (Bourne and Meyers) and what appears to be a decent young QB. What they are missing is that Superstar WR the Bills have (Diggs) to open things up. 

This game, that wasn’t the issue for the loss. The D just couldn’t stop the Bills O, and unless the GOAT was back there  I doubt the Pats win.  IMO the D holds the majority of the blame for this loss.  I’m really upset at our top corner being a real dud the last two weeks.. (4 dropped INT and burnt badly for a TD by Diggs today)

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope, that doesn’t mean I am envious. If I could swap QBs I’d take Brady back. I know for a damn fact no one stacking the box like this with him as our QB. Lol 

but why be envious? I watched the GOAT run things for 20 years, watched one year of horrid QB play and now see a Rookie that shows promise. 

im going enjoy watching the games and see what happens.

Lol I was kidding I over estimated my team.. aren’t we all guilty of that at times? 

Ick why would you want that? To try and win just one more?  Wouldnt you rather want a young QB and to look ahead for another decade than an aging QB that has already defied the odds by playing this long?

Mac Jones is definitely better than a washed up Cam Newton thats for sure.  Jones has done really well this year.  I just don't see a Super Bowl QB in him.  Could prove me wrong.  Ive been wrong before and Ill be wrong again.

13 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Look, I am ok with Mac Jones. I understand it's his rookie season, I plan to give him more than just one game or season before I feel "all is lost"

If you want to dance on his soul now, cool. Dance away..

Hahahahaha. You think he is going to get physically better? Good luck with that. Teams have been hoping that for nearly 20 years regarding Ryan Fitzpatrick. It’s going to be fun watching this cycle repeat itself over the next couple seasons for the Pats.

• Haha (+1) 1

So finally catching up on this thread I have to say.  Kudos to you @PatsFanNH for sticking around and taking in the teeth with most of us on here.  I will honestly say a lot of the time I don't like coming into these threads and seeing how disrespectful either we or the opposing teams fans can be but I know you are around even when we don't play the Pats.

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Preaching, I swore when Jackson dropped a game CHANGING INT in the fourth.  

we will disagree on what lost the game.. I’d say the D not forcing a punt was much more problematic than 1-10 on 3rd down especially when they converted on like 4 fourth downs. 

You lost the game because Josh Allen was unstoppable and took over the game in a way very few players ever can.

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Ick why would you want that? To try and win just one more?  Wouldnt you rather want a young QB and to look ahead for another decade than an aging QB that has already defied the odds by playing this long?

Mac Jones is definitely better than a washed up Cam Newton thats for sure.  Jones has done really well this year.  I just don't see a Super Bowl QB in him.  Could prove me wrong.  Ive been wrong before and Ill be wrong again.

Lol My poorly made point was I’d only take a QB I knew would thrive in the system as good or better than Jones. I don’t know how any other QB besides Brady,Jones, and Newton look for a full year in this system.  1 was great, 1 was beyond bad, and 1 showing promise.

Now is he a SB winning QB?  With BB and McDaniels coaching him possibly.. heck with just BB it’s a good chance.  I wish Jones had just one year sitting behind Brady to watch and learn from the best at his style of play. 

11 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Well this is only year 2 of a rebuild for the Pats. They have a good TE and a couple decent WR (Bourne and Meyers) and what appears to be a decent young QB. What they are missing is that Superstar WR the Bills have (Diggs) to open things up. 

This game, that wasn’t the issue for the loss. The D just couldn’t stop the Bills O, and unless the GOAT was back there  I doubt the Pats win.  IMO the D holds the majority of the blame for this loss.  I’m really upset at our top corner being a real dud the last two weeks.. (4 dropped INT and burnt badly for a TD by Diggs today)

Its year two of the rebuild but you have a projected 28 mil of cap space and some expiring contracts next season on some of your top players.  Im generally curious what you think year 3 looks like.  Who gets re-signed?  How are they replaced if they are not?  What do you expect to draft with later round draft picks?

I wouldnt be too hard on Jackson.  He is a CB because his hands arent good enough for WR.  I know thats frustrating though.  We have guys that should have caught them and have had TD's result because they didnt the play before, so I know what that feels like.  Diggs burns everyone.  He's just damn good.

Edited by Scott7975

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

Do you want a taste of the white dog 💩 your boys are feasting on?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

You lost the game because Josh Allen was unstoppable and took over the game in a way very few players ever can.

Did he do a mind ninja trick on Jackson to drop both INT? Was Allen watching the Pats v Indy game last week and do that ninja trick on him again their twice? Lol Allen was amazing, but the D allowed him to get away with whatever few mistakes he made. 

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

What about Wallace’s dropped INT in the end zone. The what if game is boring. 

I’ll add two more what ifs to the scenario: if Sanders hangs on to that TD, if Kumerow hangs on to that TD or if Knox’s TD isn’t nullified by penalty in the same drive, then it’s 37-21 with seven minutes to go instead.

The what if game is a loser’s lament. 

4 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The Bills were just unstoppable today on O, and the couple times that Allen made a mistake it literally slipped threw the Pats D hands. (Jackson that big payday just went way down after your less than clutch performance today.)  Today was all about the Bills O who never punted.

That said this is where I expected things to be. Bills are the better team and the Pats are at least a good FA and Draft from truly being a challenger for the division and SB.

Good win for your Bills today and the East is yours for at least one more year. :)

still think Mac is the future? Lololol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Its year two of the rebuild but you have a projected 28 mil of cap space and some expiring contracts next season on some of your top players.  Im generally curious what you think year 3 looks like.  Who gets re-signed?  How are they replaced?  What do you expect to draft with later round draft picks?

I wouldnt be too hard on Jackson.  He is a CB because his hands arent good enough for WR.  I know thats frustrating though.  We have guys that should have caught them and have had TD's result because they didnt the play before, so I know what that feels like.  Diggs burns everyone.  He's just damn good.

Agalor is going to be cut, (that saves then 4 million I was told) and they will pay too dollar for one of the 2 top FA WR. I am thinking Allen Robinson.

Meyers, Johnson, Brown and Phillips be back. White and Gunner possibly back as well. (On a 1 year deals)

I think McCourty retires. I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried get Mathieu in FA.

Someone WAY overpays for Jackson. (After last two games bye bye bye) 

They move up to draft top CB and they take at least 2 in the draft along with a LB. Late in the draft (5th and 6th round) they will get the o lineman.

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

still think Mac is the future? Lololol

Still think Allen will have a long career? Lol 

(eye roll)  

18 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Because your QB is playing worse as the year goes on. Belichick would trade Jones, Judon, his best Olinemen, and running back for Allen. Fact. 

No he wouldn’t. Lmao if you think that then you obviously have no clue how BB operates or how he believes things work. 

Fact is he wouldn’t trade that because Allen would SUCK with this team.  This team has no superstar WR, and certainly none that will hide any inaccurate throw flaws he may have.. 

I think people are hilarious who believe a QB can be good anywhere. The truth is they are all system QBs and not all QBs work in all systems. 

• Disagree 5

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Agalor is going to be cut, (that saves then 4 million I was told) and they will pay too dollar for one of the 2 top FA WR. I am thinking Allen Robinson.

Meyers, Johnson, Brown and Phillips be back. White and Gunner possibly back as well. (On a 1 year deals)

I think McCourty retires. I wouldn’t be shocked if they tried get Mathieu in FA.

Someone WAY overpays for Jackson. (After last two games bye bye bye) 

They move up to draft top CB and they take at least 2 in the draft along with a LB. Late in the draft (5th and 6th round) they will get the o lineman.

Still think Allen will have a long career? Lol 

(eye roll)  

Sure do. A ton longer than Jones. You can make all those moves, you still won’t have a QB. The hits Allen takes aren’t bad hits. Farve, Steve Young, heck Jim Kelly all played the QB position physical. This is the Pat fans new thing now. Well your QB won’t last long. Haha. Whatever you cheaters need to tell yourselves. 

21 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Did he do a mind ninja trick on Jackson to drop both INT? Was Allen watching the Pats v Indy game last week and do that ninja trick on him again their twice? Lol Allen was amazing, but the D allowed him to get away with whatever few mistakes he made. 

So all the dropped touchdowns and the dropped interception the bills had today mean nothing at all, breaks of the game man like I said before. You had no answer to stopping Josh Allen today not one at all, you again got to watch that as long as Qb17 is on this bills team, we are going to be good for a very long time.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Sure do. A ton longer than Jones. You can make all those moves, you still won’t have a QB. The hits Allen takes aren’t bad hits. Farve, Steve Young, heck Jim Kelly all played the QB position physical. This is the Pat fans new thing now. Well your QB won’t last long. Haha. Whatever you cheaters need to tell yourselves. 

I’ve seen the hits Allen has taken the last 6 weeks. Those are awful hits! Allen like so many others rely on his legs be good if he gets a bad wheel the wheels fall off his game.  (Also was kind of being sarcastic to the quoted post)  

Farve — aka over rated only unbreakable record most INT 

Young — wasn’t the same after he lost his wheels.. hmm odd.

Kelly — pocket passer never truly ran.. so terrible example for Allen. 

Look Allen keeps taking those hits instead of sliding his career will be significantly shorter. That’s not hope or brag that’s simple common sense, the more you get hit the more likely to get hurt.. why do you think RB careers are normally short? 

6 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

So all the dropped touchdowns and the dropped interception the bills had today mean nothing at all, breaks of the game man like I said before. You had no answer to stopping Josh Allen today not one at all, you again got to watch that as long as Qb17 is on this bills team, we are going to be good for a very long time.

Dude, I literally said the Bills O was unstoppable.  I’m sorry if adding the fact that even when Allen made mistakes they slipped right threw the Pats D hands hurt your feelings.. but it was also true. Mind you the fact you can’t read sarcasm is scary. I was being sarcastic because the post I quoted thought Allen went on another level. He didn’t!

You will be good as long as Allen can be a threat with his legs as well as his arm. Once he becomes less mobile the Bills days on top are numbered., Unless he grows in pocket presence and accuracy under duress while in the pocket.  (Now watch someone going find fault with stating this..)

Edited by PatsFanNH
  • Disagree 3

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’ve seen the hits Allen has taken the last 6 weeks. Those are awful hits! Allen like so many others rely on his legs be good if he gets a bad wheel the wheels fall off his game.  (Also was kind of being sarcastic to the quoted post)  

Look Allen keeps taking those hits instead of sliding his career will be significantly shorter. That’s not hope or brag that’s simple common sense, the more you get hit the more likely to get hurt.. why do you think RB careers are normally short? 

Dude, I literally said the Bills O was unstoppable.  I’m sorry if adding the fact that even when Allen made mistakes they slipped right threw the Pats D hands hurt your feelings.. but it was also true.

You will be good as long as Allen can be a threat with his legs as well as his arm. Once he becomes less mobile the Bills days on top are numbered., Unless he grows in pocket presence and accuracy under duress while in the pocket.  (Now watch someone going find fault with stating this..)

I have no question after watching mac jones today Josh Allen will be a starting quarterback in the NFL much longer than he will be. You better hope you always have a run game to rely on as long as mac is you're qb.

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

I have no question after watching mac jones today Josh Allen will be a starting quarterback in the NFL much longer than he will be. You better hope you always have a run game to rely on as long as mac is you're qb.

You saying that would like me saying to you when Allen was a rookie “a typical bust QB pick by your Bills. Same old Bills” point being you have no more clue how good Jones will be than anyone did when Allen was meh to bad year one. So please stop with your less than expert analysis of him. 

13 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Dude, I literally said the Bills O was unstoppable.  I’m sorry if adding the fact that even when Allen made mistakes they slipped right threw the Pats D hands hurt your feelings.. but it was also true. Mind you the fact you can’t read sarcasm is scary. I was being sarcastic because the post I quoted thought Allen went on another level. He didn’t!

Big Ben is someone i always point too. He took a beating early in his career. Was a very good qB until he hit age 36-37,

I do agree JOsh should slide more when appropriate though.

9 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

You’re really trying to push the accuracy/can’t be a pocket passer narrative with Josh Allen? Come on man. 

Of course the legs add another element… but you’re treating him as if he’s Lamar Jackson. The man just put up back to back 30+ TD and 4,000+ yard seasons. That puts him on a short list with 

Rodgers

Brady

Manning

Brees 

I can’t get in to any subscription based services but in mid-November Josh was the 2nd most pressured QB in the entire league behind Darnold. Beginning of November he was 2nd in completions and 1st in yards when pressured. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

You saying that would like me saying to you when Allen was a rookie “a typical bust QB pick by your Bills. Same old Bills” point being you have no more clue how good Jones will be than anyone did when Allen was meh to bad year one. So please stop with your less than expert analysis of 

And what elite traits make Mac Jones special please enlighten me, I'm not saying he is trash but take away a solid running game is he winning a majority of the 9 wins you have? Yes football is a team sport and you need more then one player to win a game, but I just don't see mac Jones ever taking over a game like Qb17 does.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Stick to your terrible analysis regarding your own team, it’s harder for me to dispute those since I can’t stand to watch cheaters. The Bills have a real GM who will adapt the team when needed. Allen will always be a threat to scramble. Your savior Tom Brady had a scramble a few weeks back for over 20 yards. Keep telling yourself what you need to. Your days are over. The Bills won’t win it every year for 20 years, but as long as the Pats have Jones, they won’t win the division. Fingers crossed Miami can keep winning and expose Jones even more. Pats sitting home would be justice. 

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

Big Ben is someone i always point too. He took a beating early in his career. Was a very good qB until he hit age 36-37,

I do agree JOsh should slide more when appropriate though.

Very true, but look also at Cam Newton. He took a beating, one the MVP then got hurt and never recovered.  My point is, Allen could be fine if he lost his wheels if he adapted his game, but running like he does he could get hurt like Newton who is just as big as Allen.. (I mean in less than 5 years Cam went from MVP to a boarder line backup) 

Also I am kind of tongue in cheek with Allen to make the point we don’t really know what Jones is yet.. and some of these people think Allen is a HOF already. 

31 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Not always, last 2 years been pretty decent. 

(Dugger,Onwenu,Uche from 2020 and Jones,Baremore, Stevenson from this year)

Exactly. It's funny,  they lost today NOW who he is as a coach or a GM is back in talk, but through the whole season..that talk got smaller and smaller..

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

And who exactly is? You do not hit on every draft but he has a few players he drafted from last year and the year before that are contributing.

Missing on your QB is pretty big. Jones will be the nail in Belichick’s coaching career. He isn’t a great coach without Tom. You are who your record says you are. Without Tom, Belichick is below .500. Deal with it. Jones isn’t Brady. Deal with it. 

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Sanders dropped a far easier throw for a TD.

2 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

And what elite traits make Mac Jones special please enlighten me, I'm not saying he is trash but take away a solid running game is he winning a majority of the 9 wins you have? Yes football is a team sport and you need more then one player to win a game, but I just don't see mac Jones ever taking over a game like Qb17 does.

Very simple, I see poise and accuracy late in games and when the game is on the line. I see a QB who when he does make a mistake doesn’t let it bother him and he will literally go out there and attack the same CB that just picked him off.  I see a QB who will throw it to the open man.. that’s all I want. I don’t need one who will take off running or who can throw behind the back passes.. I want one that can handle the pressure when the game is on the line. 

4 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Stick to your terrible analysis regarding your own team, it’s harder for me to dispute those since I can’t stand to watch cheaters. The Bills have a real GM who will adapt the team when needed. Allen will always be a threat to scramble. Your savior Tom Brady had a scramble a few weeks back for over 20 yards. Keep telling yourself what you need to. Your days are over. The Bills won’t win it every year for 20 years, but as long as the Pats have Jones, they won’t win the division. Fingers crossed Miami can keep winning and expose Jones even more. Pats sitting home would be justice. 1F7D6EBC-A628-42A6-A5F9-55B119AEB891.thumb.jpeg.2986f7cab0897ca311b854b828394a81.jpeg

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Missing on your QB is pretty big. Jones will be the nail in Belichick’s coaching career. He isn’t a great coach without Tom. You are who your record says you are. Without Tom, Belichick is below .500. Deal with it. Jones isn’t Brady. Deal with it. 

Ha ha ok. After one season, one game. Mac Jones is going to put an end to BB career...

Wow.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.