Mortensen: Cole Beasley facing fines of over $100K over COVID protocol violations

PromoTheRobot

19 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You are only one of few who can say that. I’ve seen vitriol here towards the man that is embarrassing hatred of a human being. Honestly the players union shouldn’t have rushed to except the rules pushed on them when enough players were against it. But that’s a discussion for another day. He does owe it to the team not to get suspended and miss time out of stupidity. I’ve said I would not support that behavior.

I guess this is a case of “confirmation bias”.  I have seen vitriol, most of which got curtailed, but I wouldn’t say “few who can say that”.  I think it’s overwhelmingly the majority view.

Sounds like we agree on the last 2 sentences, but I’d go further and say if he chooses to be employed he should accept his employer’s rules before it rises to the level of a suspension.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You really haven’t been paying attention to the personal hatred on the board for this man.  His actions are related to his thoughts. Yes he’s posted some foolish tweets, but it’s his personal medical choice which is absolutely nobody’s business except his and his wife’s which has a number of posters panties in a twist. I can’t believe you don’t see that. He got Covid, big deal, how may others have had it this year, how many more will? How many games have vaccinated players missed? There is a giant irrational hatred of Beasley here, a player who played through a fractured leg last year and gave his all. Booed at games and trashed online for a personal health decision. Any tweets have had zero affect on his play or playing time, pretending it has is ignorant.

Yes, a small minority of posters hate him for not getting vaccinated.

Not following the NFL rules is not a personal medical choice. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I hope this wasn't the reason Gabe got placed in protocols!! 

Not only that, but I have to wonder how much Beasley influenced Gabe's seeming lack of vaccination.

Both Diggs and Sanders were VERY QUICK to come out and say they were vaccinated because it was all about "Availability and winning".

If Bease isn't in that WR room, do they influence him to get vaccinated, and then he is in a better position to play today? And also not miss next week as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Also, You can’t go around making a huge public deal of your “personal medical choice” and then say “it’s nobody’s business”.  If you want it to be nobody’s business, keep it to yourself.  Once you make a huge public issue out of it repeatedly, you forfeit the “nobody’s business” card and the “personal decision” card.  Plain and simple.

So true.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes, we should definitely be comparing Cole Beasley to the 1st or 2nd or 3rd biggest star the NFL currently has. 

I mean, the rules and fines aren’t supposed to be on a sliding scale based on star power or NFL clout.

On the face of it, Rodgers’ fines were ridiculous, but none of us have access to the intra-facility things Rodgers or Beasley were fined for.

I don’t think “misleading the press” (or dare I say, lying to them) is a fineable offense in the NFL

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Why keep his mouth shut? He should be able to speak his mind as long as he isn't breaking any rules. But he broke the rules, which is why he is getting the fines.

The NFL has determined (or at least are claiming) that there has been little or no spread within facilities, that people are getting infected and bringing it into the facilities but it isn't spreading there.

I don't know if that is actually true. But I don't think it is safe to assume that Cole Beasley is or has infected other players.

Probably little or no spread in facilities as most are following protocol. I'm not saying definitively that he infected others, but if he's being careless by not following protocol, he is open to that risk.

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Yes, we should definitely be comparing Cole Beasley to the 1st or 2nd or 3rd biggest star the NFL currently has. 

Yeah, because players that are in the same Union should be fined and held to different standards.

Give your head a shake.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Beast said:

Yeah, because players that are in the same Union should be fined and held to different standards.

Give your head a shake.

Live in the real world.

Evan Fournier of the Knicks - fine player, not a star - is not getting the Jame Harden foul call every time he jumps into a defender while launching a 3. Beasley has been around long enough to have internalized these rules. In a little while we'll be calling them the Josh Allen Rules and everyone will be loving that disparate treatment.

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Live in the real world.

Evan Fournier of the Knicks - fine player, not a star - is not getting the Jame Harden foul call every time he jumps into a defender while launching a 3. Beasley has been around long enough to have internalized these rules. In a little while we'll be calling them the Josh Allen Rules and everyone will be loving that disparate treatment.

Live in the real world?

You seem to know absolutely nothing about being involved in a legitimate Union and how that is supposed to work.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Cancel Beasley.......thats the goal right?

He's canceling himself by missing important games and watching his replacement go off. Zero reason for him to be on the Bills next year. It's the Kaepernick situation all over again. For an elite player you put up with the distraction, for a player of Beasley's caliber it isn't worth it.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I mean, the rules and fines aren’t supposed to be on a sliding scale based on star power or NFL clout.

On the face of it, Rodgers’ fines were ridiculous, but none of us have access to the intra-facility things Rodgers or Beasley were fined for.

I don’t think “misleading the press” (or dare I say, lying to them) is a fineable offense in the NFL

On some teams telling the truth to the press may be fineable for releasing "secret" information.

19 minutes ago, phypon said:

And once he comes back it will be a non issue because he won't have to test for a while because he now has natural immunity.  Give it a rest guys.

The best thing for him to do would have got exposed during offseason to have "natural immunity" during season when he is being paid to play.

Not economically of course unless being on list costs him incentive bonuses.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.