12/26/21 Week 16 Gameday Bills @ Patriots* Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

I would say based on history.

In big games, MCD definitely seems to get conservative IMO.

Think chiefs last year, Tampa this year etc

Tampa game is offset by the titants game this year.....  

Please just stop for the love of everyone else's brain

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I would say based on history.

In big games, MCD definitely seems to get conservative IMO.

Think chiefs last year, Tampa this year etc

Well show the actual history of the decision making.

The numbers don’t actually bear this out. It’s guys on this message board speaking from their recollection. 

Edited by JGMcD2

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Well show the actual history of the decision making.

The numbers don’t actually bear this out. It’s guys on this message board speaking from their recollection. 

It seems like he punts on 4th and shorts and kicks more chip shot field goals in big games.

I don't have any data to back it up, but it's something I have noticed personally. JMO

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Pregame transactions, McDs prior playing not to lose tendencies in big games. 

Please. What pregame transactions?

Moss? How do you know it’s not because we’re going to throw 60 times and he’s the better pass protection back. 

please. 

Just now, CaliBills said:

Tampa game is offset by the titants game this year.....  

Please just stop for the love of everyone else's brain

Yep.

In reality McD is not a conservative coach by any definition of the word. Certain people just tend to focus on certain games for the sake of the narrative.

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

It seems like he punts on 4th and shorts and kicks more chip shot field goals in big games.

I don't have any data to back it up, but it's something I have noticed personally. JMO

Exactly… it’s off the top of your head. 

There are outlets that track this… he’s considered one of the top decision makers when it comes to making the right decision in those situations. 

26 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

😬

*ulp*

At the same time, Dawkins was only just activated, he hasn't practiced all week, and Lord only knows what shape he's in, so there's that.

People who have been lobbying to see Ryan Bates on the notion that anyone would be better than Ford or Feliciano will Get Their Wish.

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep.

In reality McD is not a conservative coach by any definition of the word. Certain people just tend to focus on certain games for the sake of the narrative.

dunno - he takes timeouts on defense and ST all the time. and KC champ game he was SO conservative. and TB again SO conservative.

• Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I can't believe they're letting Brown play LT and sitting Dawkins just because he didn't practice. Frustration is off the charts. We're going to lose.

you think it's just because Dawkins "didn't practice"? you, and no one else here, knows his level of stamina &  strength due to being out from the Vid.

The amount of conjecture, projection, and speculation here can be staggeringly bad.

"we're going to lose ..... " ........ughhhhh..........:(((((

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Exactly… it’s off the top of your head. 

There are outlets that track this… he’s considered one of the top decision makers when it comes to making the right decision in those situations. 

In big games though?.. that's what I am saying.

I am not saying he's conservative in general.

My point is it seems when the games get big, he plays more on the conservative side.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

*ulp*

At the same time, Dawkins was only just activated, he hasn't practiced all week, and Lord only knows what shape he's in, so there's that.

People who have been lobbying to see Ryan Bates on the notion that anyone would be better than Ford or Feliciano will Get Their Wish.

Maybe its so they can run their game script early in the game that they have planned this week? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.