Not everyone thinks the Bills will lose Sunday

HOUSE

4 minutes ago, Hermes said:

The big surprise is that there's actually experts picking the Pats!

For the first meeting,  49% of experts picked the Pats.  Those 49% were right.      

https://nflpickwatch.com/nfl/picks/su/experts/2021/13

So why is it a surprise more experts now are picking the Pats?

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Optimism. Sarcasm. Irony.  That's why it's surprising.

I guess I should just be so literal and dull that anyone who's negative on the boards can revel in their echo chamber

I mean, I'm not sure if anyone has been paying much attention to the coverage - but the Pats are the consensus pick.

The Bills are such an afterthought now. The narrative is 100% 'last year was their shot,' and the mighty Belichick has completed a rebuild in record time and will win division titles and SB's as far as the eye can see.

In short, we're right back to where I'm most comfortable.  Everyone writing us off, 6 losses already, going into a game against a team that owned us for 2 decades, at their place.   Where else would you rather be?

I'd rather shock the world than attend a coronation.

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Optimism. Sarcasm. Irony.  That's why it's surprising.

I guess I should just be so literal and dull that anyone who's negative on the boards can revel in their echo chamber

Don't confuse negativity with realism.   Some folks here are consistently negative for sure.  But other people can see matchup problems when they exist and hence tend to correctly identify likely outcomes.

If they can stop the run then the Bills win. Plain & simple. I don't see Mac Jones beating this secondary. They know the season is on the line.

Buffalo needs to open up the offense and let Allen do what he does best. Sprinkle in some decent runs/screens with Singletary and you've got a recipe for success. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Hermes said:

The big surprise is that there's actually experts picking the Pats!

We must be using "expert" very loosely.  I looked through all of the picks and a majority are from random people at fan sites like TBD (for example, "Dawgs", "Pride of Detroit", "Canal Street Chronicles" and "Acme Packing Company").

• Haha (+1) 1

As long as the Bills keep passing the ball and trusting Josh, they'll win. If they try and repeatedly force the run, it'll end up like the last game vs. NE. I think they'll trust Josh this time. Singletary can be effective too, but don't get too conservative based on weather. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

You know, cmon you know. Right? You can’t actually be asking that question for real?  The wind is the only reason they won. There will be no wind, do the math. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.