Week 16: Bills at Pats - NEWS

Hapless Bills Fan

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Got the excuses ready for McD already huh? 

Take it elsewhere dude. I can promise you’ve never seen me come on here and apologize for mcdermott. It’s easy to see one team here is getting hit with more impactful absences than the other…. So stop. 

… I still expect the bills can win this game. 

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

How much day drinking has happened for me to now find out about Gabe Davis?…

Either way Sanders is back.  Mckintrick time is here.  Full time slot.  I feel like he has been waiting for this shot.  He is quick and fast.  I think he has a career day.  Zone or man I think he eats.  His speed in the slot is problem imo.

Tired Fucked Up GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Take it elsewhere dude. I can promise you’ve never seen me come on here and apologize for mcdermott. It’s easy to see one team here is getting hit with more impactful absences than the other…. So stop. 

… I still expect the bills can win this game. 

Seems pretty even to me.  The lost WR2 and WR3. RB2 is out and RB 1 is hobbled.  A running team can't run without RBs, and they can't revert to passing with a rookie QB and half their WR's out.  They're F'd.  

If I were them I'd put Stidham in and run the Cam Newton offense.  lol

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, P Riv said:

Seems pretty even to me.  The lost WR2 and WR3. RB2 is out and RB 1 is hobbled.  A running team can't run without RBs, and they can't revert to passing with a rookie QB and half their WR's out.  They're F'd.  

If I were them I'd put Stidham in and run the Cam Newton offense.  lol

I wouldn't count Belichick and McDaniels out.  These guys are masters at playing to the strengths of their team and getting the most out of their players.  The Bills need this one and Im praying they get it but the Pats aren't going to go out lying down.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

We definitely have better weapons and the better QB. Our o-line is a big disadvantage though. Still there are no excuses. Daboll and Allen need to find a way to move the ball and the defense needs to step up.

Are y’all forgetting that we are down 3 offensive  linemen?

2 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Are y’all forgetting that we are down 3 offensive  linemen?

At this point it really shouldn't matter. Everyone has talked about how terrible Dawkins, Feliciano and Ford are all year long. Guess we can't claim we are doomed with 3 "terrible players" out. 

Seriously, Josh has played behind a terrible line all year. It's like he's been training for this the whole season. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

At this point it really shouldn't matter. Everyone has talked about how terrible Dawkins, Feliciano and Ford are all year long. Guess we can't claim we are doomed with 3 "terrible players" out. 

Seriously, Josh has played behind a terrible line all year. It's like he's been training for this the whole season. 

Dawkins has had an “ off year “, but he’s been a career solid starting left tackle. Feliciano AND Ford both being guards probably forces Williams back inside and leaves a very weak option like Hart at one of the tackle spots, and a promising but raw as heck rookie at the other tackle spot. It’s about the drop off at these spots.

4 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Dawkins has had an “ off year “, but he’s been a career solid starting left tackle. Feliciano AND Ford both being guards probably forces Williams back inside and leaves a very weak option like Hart at one of the tackle spots, and a promising but raw as heck rookie at the other tackle spot. It’s about the drop off at these spots.

Williams being back inside is a plus. 

Yes, likely that Hart seems time (my guess is LT. Brown cannot go back there.)

Sometimes knowing your weakest point can actually be a point of strength. If we keep the right side Williams/Brown then we move the pocket right. Plan around your weakest spot. Up to Daboll to put in the best plan he can with the guys he has available. Good chance for him to show perspective new employers that in this world of COVID the can create on the fly when missing people.

• Like (+1) 2

Daboll is going to have to really earn it this week. I think we got to get Josh moving and let him use his athleticism to buy some time. Daboll can’t have our Receivers running 10-15 yards downfield every shot and hoping these guys will create a pocket for him to live in safely.

Id like to see some shorter routes with some safe outlets for Josh. Maybe send Stevenson deep on a few times and see if he can beat a guy. 

We still need to use to establish a run game somewhere. Maybe for once even give it to Mackenzie on one of his sweeps. 

Josh at the same time needs to speed up his internal clock, I really would like to see him try and be patient and take what is given. We still have playmakers and we got to find a way to utilize them. 

Given the amount of players out I don’t expect one team to just run away with this. It’s going to be a four quarter grind and could come down to who makes the least game breaking mistakes. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.